About Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod
Central University of Kerala (CUK), Kasaragod was established under the Central Universities Act 2009 (Parliament Act No. 25 of 2009) in the year 2009. The campus of CUK is spread over 310 acres of land. The university is approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD). CUK courses include undergraduate (BA, B.Ed), postgraduate (MA, MSW, M.Ed, M.Sc., LLM, MPH, PG Diploma) and doctoral (Ph.D.) programmes in various areas. Candidates wanting to know more about CUK can read the article further and get an idea about the university.
CUK is located at Tejaswini Hills, Periyar, Kerala. Kasaragod Railway Station is 23 km away and Arunodhaya Bus Depot is 3.6 km away from the university. Mangalore International Airport is 83.2 km away ad it will take around 1 hour 58 minutes to reach the university. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod. CUK is well-connected with roads, railways and airways.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- CUK is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- National Service Scheme: The aim of NSS is to works towards the upliftment of society. NSS gives various training which helps the students to be good leaders and also helps in improving their communication skills.
- National Cadet Corps: NCC helps in developing the students’ personalities. It also motivates the students to develop a sense of nationalism.
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Highlights
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Courses & Fees
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Admissions 2021
Various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses are offered at the Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod. CUK admissions to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses are done through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) examination followed by the counselling process. Further, for admission to the doctoral courses will be done on the basis of an entrance examination followed by an interview. The details of the CUK admission process is given below:
CUK admission process for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses:
- Candidates should qualify the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) conducted by the Central Universities.
- Based on marks obtained in the entrance examination, candidates will be shortlisted and such candidates will have to take part in the further stage of CUK admission procedure that comprises of participation in the counselling, document verification and fee payment.
- Shortlisted aspirants should register for a CUCET counselling process and choose CUK as their preference for CUK admission process.
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment process.
Central University of Kerala admission procedure for Doctoral Courses:
- Applicants should qualify the Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) conducted by the Central Universities.
- Aspirants should fill an online application form on the website of CUK.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for an interview conducted by the university.
- UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/SLET/GATE/M.Phil. qualified candidates will be exempted from the CUCET examination.
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment during the CUK admission process.
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Exams and Cutoffs
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Student Reviews
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Facilities
Varied infrastructural facilities are provided by the Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod for the students and staff such as separate hostels for boys and girls. CUK also has mess inside the campus to serve healthy food to the students, library with a rich collection of books, computer lab to provide practical training to the students. Other facilities like wi-fi, etc are also available for the students.
- Hostel: CUK has a well-furnished hostel that provides all the essential facilities to the students such as dining facilities, internet, etc.
- Mess: The university has an air-conditioned mess for the students of CUK that serves healthy and hygienic food and beverages at a reasonable price.
- Library: CUK has a library for the students and staff. Students can visit the library any time to upgrade their knowledge. It is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Computer Lab: Central University of Kerala has a computer lab that can be availed by the students during their practical sessions.
This College is accredited by NAAC B++ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 04 Nov 2021 and the score is 2.76 .
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Gallery
Questions related to Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod
which bba courses are allowed in kasargod central university?
Central univeraity of kerela is one of the good universities providing courses like Phd, M. Sc, M. Ed, MA, BA,LLM
But this university doesnt provide course for bachelors in business administration i.e BBA.
There are several other colleges and universities which provide the bba course. You can check out for those.
All the best
Central University of Kerala, Kasaragod Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 04 Nov 2021 ; CGPA : 2.76