- Course overview and introduction
Successful Negotiation Essential Strategies and Skills
Join the Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills course by EdX to build the necessary negotiation skills and learn to apply them in real life.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 2-4 Hours Per Week
The Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills program by EdX teaches how to negotiate in four crucial steps – preparation, negotiation, performance, and evaluation. The course is rife with short videos and interactive tutorials.
Candidates also receive access to various practice tests to assess their skills and understanding of related concepts. Since this course is self-paced, candidates can watch the videos at convenience, and as many times as they need, to understand the concepts properly.
Moreover, the University of Michigan offers the Successful Negotiation online course, and George Siedel, Williamson Family Professor of Business Administration and Thurnau Professor of Business Law, instructs it. Throughout this course, you will learn to apply negotiation skills in practical scenarios and understand how they are the key to business success.
After completing the Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills program successfully, candidates will be eligible for a certificate of achievement. Besides, interested candidates can audit the course for free.
- 7-week course
- Offered by University of Michigan
- Introductory-level course
- 100% online
- Video tutorials
- Video transcripts in English
- Free access to course material
- Certificate of achievement
- Graded tests and assignments
- Self-paced learning
- Online learning
- Self-paced course
- Video lectures
- Subtitles in english
- Course certificate
- Assignments and tests
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Candidates can audit the Successful Negotiation online course by EdX for free.
- The course certificate costs Rs. 3,671.
- You can pay the certification fee via PayPal, credit, or debit cards. EdX also accepts American Express cards, Visa cards, and Master cards.
The successful Negotiation fee structure
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (with certificate)
certificate providing authority
What you will learn
In the Successful Negotiation online course by EdX, candidates will learn the four steps of successful negotiation:
- Preparation – How to plan a negotiation strategy
- Negotiation – How to use key tactics for success
- Close – How to create a contract
- How to perform and evaluate negotiation tactics
Step 1. Join the Successful Negotiation program by visiting the official course web page through this link – https://www.edx.org/course/successful-negotiation-essential-strategies-and-skills.
Step 2. Now, create your account on EdX and register by clicking on the “Register” option.
Step 3. Next, select the “Enrol Now” tab to complete enrolment. You must choose from two different enrolment options.
Step 4. If you only want to audit, click on the “Audit This Course” option. But if you need the certification, you must pay the certification fee.
Filling the form
Simply sign up with edX to enrol in the Successful Negotiation – Essential Strategies and Skills program. You need not fill out any separate application form.
Welcome to successful negotiation
Prepare Plan your negotiation strategy
- Should I negotiate?
- Analyzing the negotiation
- A dispute resolution or a deal-making negotiation
- Position based and interest-based negotiation
- Cross-cultural negotiations
- The best alternative to a negotiated agreement
- Ethical issues and standards
Negotiate Use key tactics for success
- Anchoring, overconfidence, and framing
- Getting to know the other side
- Using power in negotiations
- Availability, reciprocation, escalation, the big picture perspective, and contrast principle
- Psychological tools: Introduction and mythical Fixed Pie assumption
Close Create a Contract
- Creating contracts
- About contract law
- Business vs. legal objectives in Contracting
Perform and evaluate The end game
- Dispute prevention
- ADR concepts and tools
- Contract performance review and evaluation
Practice your negotiation skills
- Planning for negotiation and negotiation tactics
- Your negotiation exercise
- Creating and performing the contract, psychological tools, and building the larger pie
How it helps
By enrolling in the Successful Negotiation online program offered by edX, candidates can become proficient in the art of negotiation. This course equips candidates with useful negotiation skills and insights they can use in personal and professional settings.
Besides, they can earn a certificate of achievement on successful course completion to formally acknowledge candidates' achievements in the course.
No. All the video lectures included in the Successful Negotiation course are pre-recorded.
There will be a compulsory final examination of the course end. Candidates must answer 80% of the questions correctly to complete this course.
Only candidates who have opted for the verified certificate by paying the certification fee will be eligible for the course certificate.
The Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills course is a 100% online program.
Yes. EdX accepts PayPal payments.