- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Philosophy Hons. is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
The Department of Philosophy comprises a committed faculty with specialization in diverse areas such as Indian Philosophy, Greek Philosophy, Continental Thought, Logic, Ethics, Aesthetics and Philosophy of Religion. More than seventy-five years old, the department has grown from strength to strength. At the time of its inception, it had only one teacher on the faculty, the renowned, now deceased, Mr. Prem Chand. The current number of faculty is five. To begin with, the department had offered Courses for B.A. Programme, Interdisciplinary and Discipline- Centered Courses for the Honours students from other Departments, and conducted tutorials for Postgraduate students. Since July 2007, the department has launched an Honours programme for Undergraduate students. Hindu College is only the third co-educational college in the University of Delhi to offer an Honours Course in Philosophy. Our students have brought us laurels, each year we have been getting the top ranks in the University. In addition to the scheduled lectures and tutorials, the department also holds periodic lectures by renowned scholars, seminars, group discussions, debates and workshops with the aim of augmenting the integral intellectual development of the students. Since the past two years, a lecture series called ‘SAMVAD’ has been instituted in the department, renowned academicians from various universities or institutions, both from India and abroad, are invited to deliver lectures under the aegis of this programme.
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
A person, who have passed Higher Secondary/Intermediate (10+2) School leaving examination conducted by CBSE/ISC or any recognized board.