About Aryabhatta College, New Delhi
Aryabhatta College came into existence in 2014-15. It is affiliated to and maintained by Delhi University. The college was formerly known as Ram Lal Anand College (Evening) which was established in 1973. This is a co-educational institution that offers courses in Arts, Commerce and Science. In Arts, the college offers Honours programmes in Economics, Business Economics, English, Political Science, Hindi, Psychology and History. It offers B.Sc Honours in Mathematics and Computer Science. In commerce, the college offers B.Com Honours and B.Com.
Location: The College is located adjacent to the South Campus of the University of Delhi, Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, Anand Niketan, New Delhi. The nearest metro stations are Durgabai Deshmukh South Campus, Sri M Vishweshwaraiah Moti Bagh and Dhaula Kuan. They are about 2 km away from Aryabhatta college. Students can reach the colleges by road transport, through both bus routes as well as auto-rickshaws/ e-rickshaws from the nearest Metro/ bus station.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
The college has NAAC Accreditation.
Clubs, Committees and Society:
- Debating Society: The society hone the oratory and analytical skills of the students while learning to work as a team. The society organises exciting events, often on a mega scale.
- Theatre Group: The theatre group is a good platform for the students to showcase their talent in acting. The street play team of the college actively represents the college in inter-college competitions.
- Arts and Cultural Society: The society promotes Indian Classical Music and Culture amongst Youth.
- Photography Society: The society makes an effort to connect and motivate the students to do things with a difference and shoot with a camera. The society also organises various trips for the students to give an exposure to observe and learn the technicalities of handling the camera.
- Dance Society: The aim of the Dance society is to spread the joy and wonder of the 8 Indian classical dance forms. The society regularly participates in classical dance competitions and functions across the University of Delhi.
- Environment Study Circle: The club works with the objective to prevent global warming and create awareness about not to pollute the environment. It regularly organises activities related to the social contributions to the environment.
- Gandhi Study Circle: This group of Aryabhatta college organises lectures, seminars, plays and quizzes centred on Gandhian thought.
- Entrepreneur Society: The objective of the cell is to provide various information with reference to starting a business to budding student entrepreneurs and to create entrepreneurial culture among students. The cell regularly organizes camps, seminars, workshops, industrial visits and other developmental programmes.
- NSS: The NSS unit inculcates the spirit of selfless commitment to address social issues plaguing the society. NSS volunteers conduct a variety of activities, such as orphanage visits, awareness programs and health camps.
- NCC: Aryabhatta college has NCC platoon having 54 cadets. NCC Cadet Crop organises and trains youth and provides leadership in all walks of life including the Armed and Navy forces. It also creates a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Highlights
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Courses & Fees
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Admissions 2021
Admission Process for UG Programmes:
- For admissions, visit the DU admissions portal and get registered.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the qualifying exam marks (marks obtained in the four subjects of candidate’s choice will be taken into consideration while preparing the cutoff).
- As per the cutoff candidates have to visit the allotted college along with the registration slip print out for document verification.
- After the document verification and fee payment, the candidate's admission in the college will be confirmed.
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Student Reviews
A GREAT COLLEGE FOR HUMANITIES AS WELL AS COMMERCE STUDENTS
A different world where you will surely feel good
Last Seen: 15 Jul' 20
Joined On: 15 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BA Psychology Hons
Good college with all facilities.
Its one of the best college in South campus after venky.
Last Seen: 29 May' 20
Joined On: 24 Nov' 19
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BA Psychology Hons
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Facilities
Aryabhatta College has the facilities of the library, canteen, computer centre, sports and health care. The library uses the LibSys software that allows students to have information literally on their fingertips through OPAC - Online Public Access Catalogue.
- Canteen: The canteen provides a variety of quality food & beverages at highly competitive rates. The Canteen is under the supervision of a Canteen Committee drawn by the College Staff Council.
- Computer Centre: The Computer Centre of the college is equipped with the latest configuration. It provides free and open internet access to the students, faculty and staff. It also caters to the computational needs of the academic and research community of the college.
- Library: The college has computerised all its housekeeping activities using library software. This enables users in searching and availing the library resources. The library uses the LibSys software that allows students to have information literally on their fingertips through OPAC - Online Public Access Catalogue.
- Health care: The college has health care facilities. A full time qualified nurse is present to help the students in pain and distress during college time and provide first aid.
- Sports: The college has playgrounds for various sports and tournaments and encourages students to take part in different games such as Cricket, Kabbadi, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis and Badminton.
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Gallery
Questions related to Aryabhatta College, New Delhi
what is the starting date of admission for b.a. program of Aryabhatt collage, New Delhi
Admission in Aryabhatt College , New Delhi is done through Delhi University admission portal and it is expected that Delhi University admission portal for UG will be opened soon , so check regular updates and visit DU official website regularly .
DU official website is :-
Aryabhatta College, New Delhi Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: