The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore was established in 1974 under Children's Education Society. The Institute was founded by Vidyashri. Sri. S. Narasa Raju. There are a total of 32 Institutions in Bengaluru which comes under the Oxford Group of Institutions. The college is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU). The college campus is spread over with an area of 11.5 acres. The college offers admissions to programmes like B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, MCA, MBA etc.
The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore is located in 10th Milestone, Bommanahalli, Hosur Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka. The nearest airport from the Institute is the Kempegowda International Airport which is 45 km away and students can reach the campus in about 1 hr 10 mins. The nearest railway station from the Institute is the Bangalore Central Railway Station which is 14.3 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 30 mins.
Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
- Oklahoma State University
- Malta University
- Patrician Creations Pvt Ltd
- Alma Mapper
- World Alumni Network Pvt. Ltd (WAN)
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
- IEEE- This is a society of the Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore consisting of members of students and faculty which aims to show the importance of technological developments in Electronics, Computer Science, Image Processing, Communication, and Information Technology through events, workshops and seminars etc.
- CSI- Computer Society of India (CSI) of the Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore organise various workshops and seminars to know about the technological developments related to the field of Computer Science and Engineering, Image Processing, Communication, Machine Learning and Information Technology.
Courses & Fees
Exams and Cutoffs
The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore provides academic programmes to students including B.Arch programme, B.E and M.Tech programmes. The college offers admission to the B.Arch programme based on the scores of NATA/JEE Main, M.Tech programmes based on GATE/PGCET scores, MCA programmes based on PGET/KMAT scores and B.E programmes based on the entrance test conducted by the Institute. The Institute also offers MBA admissions based on the merit of the entrance test, GD & PI conducted by the authority. Detailed description on all programmes and its admission procedure are mentioned below.
For B. Arch programme:-
- Candidates should have appeared and qualified in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) or Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main (Paper 2) for getting admission to this programme.
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of the OCE and submit the application form along with the requisite documents and paying the amount of fees.
- Admissions will be offered after document verification and fees payment at Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore.
For B.E programmes:-
- Admission will be offered for these programmes based on the merit of the qualifying exam and Karnataka CET.
- Candidates will have to apply online on the official website of the OCE and submit the application form along with the requisite documents and making the payment of fees.
- Admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore.
For M.Tech programmes:-
- Candidates will have to appear and qualify the Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) or Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET).
- Based on the qualifying marks in these exams, candidates will have to apply online on the official website of the OCE.
- Application forms have to be submitted along with all requisite documents and paying the amount of fees.
- Students will be offered admissions after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the Institute.
For MBA programmes-
- Students seeking admissions to MBA programmes need to appear and clear the entrance test conducted by The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore/PGET/KMAT/MAT/CAT.
- Qualifying candidates also have to appear and qualify group discussion and personal interview conducted by the authority.
- Eligible candidates have to apply online on the official website of the Institute along with all required documents and paying the amount of fees.
- Admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the Institute.
For MCA programmes-
- Students securing qualifying marks in PGET/KMAT are allowed to seek admissions to this programme.
- Based on the qualifying scores, students have to apply online on the official website of the Institute.
- Application forms have to be submitted along with all required documents and paying the amount of fees.
- Students will be offered admissions after the verification of documents and payment of fees at The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
Engineering and Architecture (B.Arch)
Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore provides certain facilities to the students, faculty and staff of the Institute including hostels, learning centre, food court, health care, transportation, solar facility, auditorium, seminar halls, sports etc. Detailed description on all the facilities provided to the students, faculty and staff members are mentioned below.
- Hostels- The Oxford College of Engineering has three hostels, one for the boys, one for the girls and one for the NRIs. The hostels are equipped with all necessities like a recreational room, power backup, library and internet. The boys’ hostel has facilities like solar water heaters, telephone facility, cafeteria, gymnasium, multi-cuisine food service, indoor sports room. The girls’ hostel is inside the college for security reasons, whereas, the boys’ hostel is located outside the college.
- Learning Centre- There is a Learning Centre on the college premises which has a library and an area where the students and faculty of The Oxford College of Engineering can sit and read or do their projects. It also has an e-learning platform.
- Food Court- The food court of OCE is provided with various cuisines for the students to pick their favourite food item and savour it in between the busy schedule of the day.
- Health Care- The Oxford College of Engineering has a health care facility for the students and faculty with facilities like first aid, ambulance, emergency care, and a trained physician.
- Transport- The engineering college has its own buses for the benefit of the students and faculty who come from various parts of the city. This transport facilitates students and faculty who are within the close reach of college.
- Solar- The Oxford College of Engineering is provided with a solar facility with the capacity of 205kw.
- Auditorium- The seating capacity of the auditorium is of around 600 people. Students perform and conduct various activities related to technology and cultural events.
- Seminar Halls- There are three seminar halls in the Oxford College of Engineering wherein around 1300 students can be seated at a time, and is facilitated with the latest technology.
- Sports- The students can play various indoor and outdoor games like football, volleyball, cricket, basketball, table tennis, chess, ludo, to get away with their busy schedules.
The Oxford College of Engineering is suggested to other stud
Good Experience of two year and improve my knowledge.
Last Seen: 27 Jul' 20
Joined On: 27 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
Review of TOCE after spending about one year in there
The college is very good and a nice place to study
Last Seen: 19 Sep' 19
Joined On: 19 Sep' 19
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
Questions related to The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
I got 74 Marks In nata can I get seat
Based upon the marks that you have scored in NATA 2019 you seem to have no chance to get admission in the government colleges. Admissions are provided on the basis of NATA merit score.To get your NATA merit score you need to divide your NATA score by 2,add the board percentage and again divide the result by 2.
Now your chances of admission may increase if you have a quite good board percentage.It would had been better if you had mentioned that.
Try for the private colleges where you have better chances of admission.
What about placements . And Max and min of last years
The placement scenario of the The Oxford College of Engineering,Bangalore is given below:
Actually I got 5546 rank in barch and 74 marks in nata can I get seat in the oxford college without donation and with less college fee??
- Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website of the college.
- A fee of INR 450 (for B.E/M.Tech) and INR 350 (for MBA & MCA) is required to be paid at the time of application.
- A 10+2 pass with 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized board is required for UG programs.
- A graduation degree in relevant discipline with 50% (45% for SC/ST) from a recognized University is desired for PG programs.
1st year: 130090
2nd year: 130090
3rd year: 130090
4th year: 130090
ALL THE BEST
Hi, I was completed Master of Engineering in CS. Is there any vacancy for Faculty job in computer science and engineering let me know
Now regarding job there are lots of oppurtunities in your required field
You can check this link and find a job as per you requirement
Hope that this information is useful to you
i hav got the oxford college of engineering (course -ise) is it good in teaching & placement etc
As per the analyzing report of Careers360 Oxford College of Engineeringhas AAA rating which means average. The rating is based on the research of the college on placement, Faculty & Industry Exposure etc. You can check the placement of the college with the given below link.
You can also check the genuine reviews of the college with the given below link.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council