- Retrieving Data from FRED
- Calculating Daily Returns
- Calculating Longer Returns
- A Simple Example
Financial Risk Management with R
Learn to calculate, and quantify the return that generates from a portfolio of securities with the Financial Risk Management with R online course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Financial Risk Management with R certification is a 15 hours course belonging to the Entrepreneurial Finance: Strategy and Innovation Specialization course track that is offered by Coursera along with the academic side taken care of by Duke University. This programme is basically launched to teach the participants how they can make calculations about the returns of portfolio securities to quantify the market risk which is basically a requisite skill for the financial analysts in banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, and different investment firms.
Financial Risk Management with R training will help candidates use the two tools RStudio and R programming language with Microsoft Open R for calculating the Value-at-Risk (VaR), risk of stock portfolios, and Expected Shortfall (ES). This is an intermediate level of course that may require additional R programming skills for its participants. Additionally, the certificate will boost the confidence of the candidates pursuing risk calculation.
- 100% online programme
- Intermediate level course
- 15 hours of classes
- 9 subtitles available
- Self-paced learning
- Shareable certificate by Coursera
- Online course
- Certificate upon completion
- Flexible deadlines
- Course in english
- 9 subtitles available
- Graded assignments
- Peer reviews
- Graded quizzes
Course and certificate fees
After enrollment, the Financial Risk Management with R certification fee for the first 7 days is free of cost. As the free window gets closed, candidates must start depositing Rs. 3,649 per month at Coursera.
Financial Risk Management with R Fee Structure
1st 7 Days
After 7 Days
Rs. 3,649 per month
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The participants who have an understanding of beginner-level R programming, and want to calculate, and quantify the financial risks associated with business ventures are welcomed for this course.
Certification Qualifying Details
Financial Risk Management with R certification by Coursera will be offered when the applicants are done with their course reading, videos, projects, and graded programming assignments.
What you will learn
The Financial Risk Management with R certification syllabus will give insights into how candidates can use R programming for calculating the stock portfolio’s return as well as quantifying the risk associated with that portfolio. With this programme, candidates can go ahead with taking the best financial entrepreneurial decisions for their venture.
The Financial Risk Management with R admission process is as below:
Step 1: Vising the official website is the first mandatory step: https://www.coursera.org/learn/financial-risk-management-with-r.
Step 2: Then the next task clicking the ‘Enrol for Free’ button for the candidates.
Step 3: Next, they should search for financial help if available in Coursera.
Step 4: Then admission which comes under the free-trial period is available for 7 days.
Step 5: After the 7 days, participants continue their admission, and learning must pay the fee.
Filling the form
For the Financial Risk Management with R certification, candidates as the first step need have to necessarily make a Coursera account by selecting the course which they are looking to pursue.
Week 1: Introduction to R, Data Retrieval, and Return Calculation
- Exercise 1 - Introduction to Microsoft Open R and R Studio
- Week 1 Quiz Instructions
- Exercise 2 - Retrieving data from FRED
- Exercise 3 - Calculating Returns on Gold
- Exercise 4 - Longer Horizon Returns of Gold
- Week 1 Quiz (1 of 4)
- Week 1 Quiz (2 of 4)
- Week 1 Quiz (3 of 4)
- Week 1 Quiz (4 of 4)
Week 2: Risk Management under Normal Distributions
- Distribution of Returns
- Value-at-Risk (VaR)
- Expected Shortfall (ES)
- Using Simulation to Estimate VaR and ES
Week 2 Quiz Instructions
- Exercise 5 - Estimating Parameters of the Normal Distribution
- Exercise 6 - Estimating VaR of the Normal Distribution
- Exercise 7 - Estimating ES of the Normal Distribution
- Exercise 8 - Estimating VaR and ES via Simulation
- Week 2 Quiz (1 of 4)
- Week 2 Quiz (2 of 4)
- Week 2 Quiz (3 of 4)
- Week 2 Quiz (4 of 4)
Week 3: Risk Management under Non-normal Distributions
- Non-normal Distribution
- Student-t Distribution
- Rescaled t Distribution Model
- VaR and ES for Multi-day Horizon
Week 3 Quiz Instructions
- Exercise 9 - Skewness, Kurtosis, Jarque-Bera Test for Normality
- Exercise 10 - Estimate Parameters of the Scaled Student-t Distribution
- Exercise 11 - Estimate VaR and ES at 10-day Horizon
- Week 3 Quiz (1 of 4)
- Week 3 Quiz (2 of 4)
- Week 3 Quiz (3 of 4)
- Week 3 Quiz (4 of 4)
Week 4: Risk Management under Volatility Clustering
- Future vs Historical Distribution
- Volatility Clustering
- Estimation: rugarch Package
- GARCH(1,1) - t
- Diagnostic Tests
- Using the ugarchboot Function
- Using the ugarchroll Function
- Course Summary
Week 4 Quiz Instructions
- Exercise 12 - Serial Correlation, Volatility Clustering, GARCH
- Exercise 13 - VaR and ES for GARCH bootstrap
- Week 4 Quiz (1 of 4)
- Week 4 Quiz (2 of 4)
- Week 4 Quiz (3 of 4)
- Week 4 Quiz (4 of 4)
How it helps
Here are some Financial Risk Management with R certification benefits:
- This programme allows for its participants, flexible deadlines, which again allows deadlines to be reset with respect to keeping their schedules in mind.
- With this course, candidates are able to maximise their learnings with quizzes, assignments, and reviews by peers which are all graded
- This course will give more confidence to the learners in making more critical decisions in the future.
At that point, when candidates have made an account on Coursera, they can start accessing the video lectures of this course.
Unfortunately, Coursera has no placement option in companies.
Till 7 days after programme enrollment, the free version is available.
If midway candidates feel that this course isn’t suitable, they can cancel at any time without any hassle and extra payment.
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Duke University, Durham
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.