School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada was established on July 7, 2008. The Institute was formed under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. SPA College currently offers programmes related to two departments of Planning and Architecture which includes two undergraduate programmes namely Bachelor of Planning and Bachelor of Architecture and seven postgraduate programmes namely Master of Planning (Urban and Regional Planning), Master of Planning (Environmental Planning and Management), Master of Planning (Transportation & Infrastructure Planning), Master of Architecture (Sustainable Architecture), Master of Architecture (Landscape Architecture), Master of Architecture (Architectural Conservation) and Master of Building Engineering and Management. The college also offers other Ph.D programmes related to different research areas. The college is spread over an area of 9.66 acres. SPA College also offers various infrastructural and academic facilities including hostels,central library, ICT enabled teaching atmosphere, high end digital surveillance systems, modern laboratories, spacious studios, classrooms, open air theatres, auditorium, cafeteria, outdoor sports facilities etc.
School of Planning and Architecture is located in Krishna Nagar, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. The nearest airport from the Institute is the Vijayawada International Airport which is 17 km away and students can reach the Institute campus in approximately 27 mins. Vijayawada Railway Station is about 6.2 km away from SPA College and students can reach the campus in approximately 16 mins.
University of Melbourne
Krems University, Austria
University of Florence
Università degli Studi di Firenze DIDA
The Institute of Geography, University of Cologne, Germany
EcoleBleue School of Design, Paris, France
Hafencity Universitat, Hamburg
Norwegian University Science & Technology
International Institute for the Inclusive Museum (IIIM), Australia
Tourism and Heritage, AP Govt.
Govt of Andhra Pradesh, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development
Institute of Town Planner, India (ITPI)
A.P.Greening and Beautification Corporation Vijayawada
A.P. Private Engineering Colleges Management Association
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee
South Central Railways
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
- Ritmo Music Club- Ritmo is the Music Club of School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada. The members of Music Club are responsible for conducting and participating in different musical events and programmes happening inside the Institute. Students here learn and listen to different forms of music including classical, blues, jazz, bollywood etc to introduce themselves to different genres of music.
- Club29 Dance Club- The dance club of SPA College Vijayawada lets students practice and learn different dance activities including hip-hop, bollywood, salsa, folk dance, classical, freestyle, contemporary and many more. This club also provides a great platform to students where they can develop their dance related skills. The members of this club also conduct various dance events inside the institute and take part in them.
- Avant Garde Fashion Club- The Fashion Club has members who are interested in fashion and design. Members of this club make sure to match up with the fashion trends by exploring different styles and trends of fashion. Members of this club have also conducted and participated in various fashion events inside SPA College.
- Monolouge Dramatics Club- The Dramatics Club of School of Planning and Architecture comprises members who are interested in acting and drama. This club encourages the students to develop their skills in acting. Members of this club have also participated in different skits and plays in events and programmes conducted inside the Institute.
- Tasveer Photography Club- The Photography Club of SPA College Vijayawada aims to develop the photography skills of students. Members of this club practice new techniques and also learn about new software and applications related to photography to gain more knowledge about photography.
- Art Factory Club- Art Factory is the Art and Graphics Club of the Institute. The Art Factory Club of School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada has members who are interested in graphics and art. Students here practice art so that they can polish their hands in creativity and excel at it.
- Ground Zero Event Management Club- The Ground Zero Event Management Club of SPA College manages all the events happening inside the Institute. All the programme management of events and fests are taken care of by the members of the Club.
- Literary Club- The main objective of the Literary Club is to develop the literary and english speaking skills of students. Students are motivated to join this club where various programmes and activities are conducted to develop the literary skills of students for their career opportunities and overall development.
- Editorial Board- The Editorial Board of School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada provides a great opportunity for the students of the Institute to showcase their skills in content creation and students who are interested in graphic designing. Students also get to showcase their creative writing and design skills in the annual magazine called ‘Chhaya’ released by the Institute every year.
- NSS- National Service Scheme (NSS) is a Youth Programme which is established under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. Students of School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada have also conducted various programmes under this scheme including international yoga day, blood donation, leprosy campaign, swachh bharat, literary campaign, mass cleaning, mass tree plantation, road traffic awareness, sand sculpturing, polio vaccine, disaster management, PFMS training etc. to spread awareness among the common people.
School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada offers admissions to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes. The Institute offers admissions to undergraduate programmes based on JEE Main scores and JoSAA counselling and to postgraduate programmes based on GATE scores and CCMT counselling and to Non-GATE scores based on the performance of the written test and interview conducted by the authority of the Institute. SPA College Vijayawada also offers admissions to doctoral programmes based on the merit of the written test and viva-voce round conducted by the authority. Detailed description on all programmes, its admission procedure and other details are mentioned below.
For undergraduate programmes
- Students seeking admissions to undergraduate programmes need to appear and clear JEE Main.
- Based on the qualifying scores, students need to register themselves for counselling process of JoSAA.
- Students need to select School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada in the counselling process while doing the choice locking.
- Final admissions will be offered on the basis of JEE Main scores, counselling participation, choice filling, choice locking, seat allotment, document verification and fees payment.
For postgraduate programmes
- Students interested in taking admissions to postgraduate programmes need to appear and qualify GATE.
- Non-GATE students have to clear a written test and an interview conducted by the authority of the college.
- GATE students will be offered admissions through CCMT counselling. However, 12 seats are offered through direct admission for which students have to apply on the official website of the Institute.
- Students have to submit their application forms along with all documents and pay the fees.
- Admissions to SPA College Vijayawada will be offered after document verification and fees payment at the Institute.
For Ph.D programmes-
- Students seeking admissions to Ph.D programmes need to clear the written test conducted by the authority of the Institute.
- Qualifying candidates also have to appear and qualify for the viva-voce round where they need to speak about their research area.
- Students clearing both the rounds have to apply online for admissions on the official website of SPA College.
- Admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the Institute campus.
Engineering and Architecture (B.Plan)
Engineering and Architecture (B.Arch)
Engineering and Architecture (M.Arch)
The School of Planning and Architecture offers certain facilities to the students, staff and faculty of the Institute including central library, computer centre, laboratories, healthcare centre, guest house, security, hostel, sports etc. Detailed description on all the facilities provided to the students, staff and faculty members of SPA College are mentioned below.
Central Library- School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada has a central library which has a collection of more than 55000 printed books consisting of both text and reference books, 88 printed journals and access to more than 4000 online journals. The library was established in 2008. Other collections of periodicals and all books related to architecture, planning, environment, civil and transport engineering etc. are also available in the library. The library timings are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm on all working days and 9:00 am to 7:00 pm during examinations. Other facilities of printing, scanning and photocopying etc are also available inside the central library.
Computer Centre- The computer Centre works as the backbone of the Institute providing LAN services to almost 900 users with high internet speed. All the hostels and academic blocks of School of Planning and Architecture are provided with internet facilities using Wireless Access Points (WAP) to provide easy access to information and resources on the Internet.
Laboratories- SPA College Delhi has provided different laboratories related to different subjects well equipped with necessary facilities. All the computers in the computer lab are well installed with advanced software and applications meeting the requirements of advanced technology. Other labs related to different subjects including GIS Lab, Environmental Lab, Climatology/Energy Studies/Acoustic Lab, Art Lab, Model Making and Carpentry Workshop, Conservation Lab, Transportation Lab, Building Material and Construction Lab, Structures Lab, Survey Lab, Material Testing Lab, Landscape Lab, Building Construction Yard etc are also provided with all necessary equipment.
Healthcare Facility- SPA College offers healthcare facilities to the students, staff and faculty members of the Institute. The healthcare unit has professional doctors to provide medical facilities to members and students of the Institute.
Guest House- School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada offers guest house facilities to the parents of the students visiting the Institute and guests of the faculty members and staff. All the rooms of the guest house are provided with basic facilities for the comfortable stay of guests. The guest house has AC, Non-AC and Suite Rooms available.
Security- The Institute campus is installed with CCTV cameras for the security and safety purpose of students and other members of SPA College Vijayawada.
Hostel- Separate hostels are provided to boys and girls by SPA College. Hostels are allotted to students based on the availability of rooms. All the hostels are provided with basic amenities so that students can stay in a comfortable manner. The hostels also have mess facilities serving quality and hygienic food to students. Wardens are also there to main rules and regulations of hostels and for the safety of students.
- Sports- School of Planning and Architecture Vijayawada provides sports facilities to the students of the Institute including basketball, football, kabaddi, badminton, running etc. A sports coach is also there to train and guide the students.
A very good experience you'll find
Last Seen: 09 Mar' 20
Joined On: 02 May' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
Questions related to SPA College
what would be total fees in school of planning and architecture vijayawada .... including hostel ??
You will get the information to total fees and of planning and architecture Vijayawada from this link.
Hope this has answered your question.
I got 91.8 percentile in JEE PAPER 2, my CRL Rank is 12207 and 612 SC category Rank which B.ARCH college I will get.
As per previous year's cutoff and your JEE Main paper 2 rank in SC category you'll be eligible for some top colleges. I'll recommend you to definitely apply for your home state NIT because you'll have a higher chance of getting admission there since the cutoff is lower for home states.
For more further details about the cutoff for B.Arch please refer to the link below :-
I got 1268 rank in jee main paper 2. I am an sc candidate .will I be able to get seat in spa college Vijayawada
As per the rank shared by you, it seems very difficult for you to get into SPA Vijayawada for an B.Arch degree(If and only if it is in SC Merit List)
,The Usual trend of cutoff for this college is around 520-560(In SC Merit list).
However, if the rank provided by you is CRL,then its obvious that you will surely get a chance to take admission into the SPA Vijaywada in round 2 or 3.(as per previous trends).
Take a look into SPA vijaywada using the link provided below,
how much percentile is required in jee main paper 2 to get seat in spa college Vijayawada
The cut off percentile cannot be predicted now because cut off changes every year. So we give you the previous year cut off ranks for School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada category-wise
- General: 2157
- EWS: 453
- OBC-NCL: 1227
- SC: 581
- ST: 245
Percentile vs rank will not be the same always so you need to score minimum 98 percentile if you belong to general category and 90-95 percentile or above if you belong to reserved category. Cut off is subjected to change, it may increase or decrease depending on number of candidates appeared, number of seats available and difficulty of exam.
I got 92.36 percentile in jee mains paper 2. I am an sc candidate. I want to know whether I am eligible to get seat in spa college vijayawada
It's difficult to tell you exactly about your admission possibilities but as per the previous year cutoff for OBC category you can get admission in the college as you have scored good marks. You can also check your best admission possibilities as per your percentile with JEE Main College predictor tool using the link below. https://engineering.careers360.com/jee-main-college-predictor?icn=QnA&ici=qna_answer
Hope that helps you
School of Planning & Architecture Vijayawada Fee Structure: This articl....
The Schools of Planning and Architecture (SPA), Bhopal and Vijaywada invi....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: