- Introduction to the course, Sean Hill
- Introduction to the Allen Institute for Brain Science data and tools, Terri Gilbert
- Human Brain Atlasing, Danilo Bzdok
- Graded quiz 1
The Multi-Scale Brain
Achieve amazing and valuable knowledge in the field of biology and processes related to it by studying in the The Multi Scale Brain by edX.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 4-6 Hours Per Week
The course offered by the platform of edX provides amazing information about the different processes related to the brain. Multi-Scale Brain by edX has been created in partnership with EPFL. Candidates can study in the program online mode only. Students who are willing to study in this course can avail themselves of this course at no extra cost. The duration of The Multi-Scale Brain program is 7 weeks. Participants can manage their schedule easily while pursuing this Multi-Scale Brain online course as this course is a self-paced learning course. Each week learners need to spend 4-6 hours in order to achieve the required knowledge.
The certification is available after the curriculum is completed. Candidates can achieve the verified certification after paying the fees according to the guidelines given by the platform. Aspirants will learn about the concepts related to the subject of life sciences and biology. Participants may gain valuable practical exposure for being successful in the area. The Multi-Scale Brain certification syllabus offered here is an advanced level program.
- Digital learning course
- Certified course
- In association with EPFL
- The course duration of 7 weeks
- 4-6 hours time investment required each week
- Verified certification available after paying the fees
- Advanced level course
- Discount available
- Shareable certificates
- Course materials
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Students who are willing to pursue the course can avail themselves of this course at zero cost.
- In case candidates who are enrolled in The Multi-Scale Brain, the course want to highlight the skills learned through this curriculum on their resume or CVs can achieve certification by paying Multi-Scale Brain fees of Rs.10,207.
Amount in INR
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Multi-Scale Brain online course is highly suitable for-
- Candidates who want to pursue the area of life sciences and biology professionally.
- Professionals who want development in the area where they are currently working.
- People who want to explore new careers and opportunities.
Students who are keenly interested in pursuing The Multi-Scale Brain certification course should have information about subjects such as life sciences and biology.
Candidates should have knowledge in one of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, MATLAB, R, Python [preferred].
Basic concepts clearance about the ordinary differential equations and their numerical solution is required for pursuing The Multi-Scale Brain program.
Certification Qualifying Details
Students who want to achieve verified certification for The Multi-Scale Brain program should be able to complete all the modules, assignments, and course materials. Candidates must pay Multi-Scale Brain fees for gaining the verified certification.
What you will learn
After completing The Multi-Scale Brain certification course participants will achieve information on-
- Candidates can gain valuable information on how one can use brain atlases and will be covered under The Multi-Scale Brain program.
- Participants may achieve insights on modeling tools will be taught.
- Aspirants will be able to learn about the ways to classify neurons under The Multi-Scale Brain program.
- The program can help the students to study cell morphology and function.
- Candidates may learn about how to explain and contrast different techniques for modeling, visualization, and mapping of synaptic fields, single cells, larger circuits of neurons, and long range interactions between cortical areas.
- Students will learn about the concepts of genetic mapping of the mouse brain
- Candidates may achieve insights on navigating gene expression data.
- Students will learn about multi-scale connectivity.
- Learners may gain valuable knowledge on reconstructing microcircuitry.
- Aspirants can learn concepts related to multi-scale modeling.
- Students will learn techniques and skills related to the function as well as the structure of the whole brain
Students should follow the below-given guidelines for getting admission
Step 1: Candidates who are interested in pursuing this course should click the below mentioned, https://www.edx.org/course/the-multi-scale-brain
Step 2: Students will now reach the course website
Step 3: When the candidates will reach the website they can witness the option of ‘enrol’.
Step 4: Candidates should click on the option of ‘enrol’.
Step 5: Students can now reach the dashboard.
Step 6: Aspirants may click on the option ‘upgrade to verified’.
Step 7: Learners will be able to choose the payment method for paying the fees.
Step 8: Once the fees are paid by the candidate they can avail the content.
Genetic Mapping of the mouse brain
- Using whole-brain and single-cell gene expression to identify and characterize cell types, Vilas Menon
- Genetic dissection of neural circuits, Trygve Bakken
Navigating gene expression data.
- Accessing mouse gene expression data, Terri Gilbert
- Navigating the human gene expression data, Terri Gilbert
- Peer-graded assignment gene expression data
- Synaptic Mapping with Array Tomography, Forrest Collman
- Mesoscale mapping, Jack Waters
- The connectivity atlas, Terri Gilbert
- Graded assignment mouse connectivity
- Blue Brain, Sean Hill
- Cell types and modeling, Werner von Geit & Elisabetta Iavarone
- Graded assignment modeling
- Building bio-physiologically constrained models of large-scale phenomena in the brain, Alain Destexhe
- Graded quiz 2
- Computational properties of human cortical microcircuits Huib Mansvelder
- Modeling microcircuits, Michael Reimann
- Graded quiz 3
Structure and function of the whole brain
- Whole-brain morpho-functional imaging: connecting a single neuron to the whole brain, Francesco Pavone
- Functional physiology of the mouse virtual cortex, Saskia de Vries
- Brain observatory data sets, Terri Gilbert
- Peer-graded homework
- Graded quiz 4
Aspirants who are not able to pay The Multi-Scale Brain fee can avail of the scholarship option. Candidates who will be eligible can get a 90 percent discount on the certification fee. For more details, the candidates may take support from the help desk or customer support of edX.
How it helps
The course presents learning freedom for all the candidates who want to pursue their careers in the field of biology professionally. The Multi-Scale Brain program provides valuable information about the functioning of the brain which can help the candidates to work in this field. Participants can gain valuable information on concepts related to the subjects of life sciences and biology. Students who are enrolled in The Multi-Scale Brain course training can gain economic benefits as the job prospects are high for the people who have already pursued this program.
As a part of the Multi-Scale Brain course benefits, the candidates who will achieve the verified certification after paying the fees can share the certificates on their CVs, resumes, and in their academic records. Students will gain hands-on experience and practical exposure in the area of life sciences and biology. Aspirants after completing this course curriculum can expect huge monetary benefits, salary raise, increments and promotions and enjoy Multi-Scale Brain certification benefits. Candidates who want to study further in their field can also pursue this course and can highlight the achievements gained here on their resume or CVs and can get admissions into universities, colleges, and higher institutions. Participants after completing The Multi-Scale Brain certification syllabus can observe development in their careers both academically and professionally.
In case the candidates are not able to understand the topics taught by the faculty they can always take help from the discussion forum.
Students have to attend all the classes for the course in the online mode only.
Candidates can retake The Multi-Scale Brain training by freshly enrolling themselves. When the students are enrolling themselves freshly in The Multi-Scale Brain certification course they have to pay a certification fee as well.
Candidates can get a refund only under special circumstances. Students can avail of the refund 14 days after or before the program starts.
When the students will be eligible for the financial assistance they will be informed via email by the authorities of the platform.
Aspirants who want to learn from this course should have a personal laptop with stable connectivity to the internet.
Candidates will get all the required information through course materials and modules provided and created by the faculty.
Students who are interested in accessing the detailed syllabus by visiting the dashboard and may view the entire syllabus.
Students can unenroll from the course if they are not interested in visiting the dashboard.
Candidates should complete all the modules, graded assignments, and course materials as well as must pay the certification fee for availing the admission to the program.
MIT Cambridge via Edx
MIT Cambridge via Edx
MIT Cambridge via Edx
Kyoto University via Edx
MIT Cambridge via Edx