10 Home Based Job Options for Maths And Economics Graduates
Home-based job options for Maths graduates have seen a surge in recent years with the rapid expansion of internet-based education platforms that have sprung up in quick succession over the years. When it comes to Mathematics and Economics, these are two subjects that are all about numbers. So, recruiters are always searching for experienced number-crunchers who can simplify the multiple equations, permutations, and combinations. Therefore, as a Mathematics and Economics graduate, there are a plethora of home-based job opportunities that have arisen in the last few years.
Also read - List of Certification Courses
Easy learning resources, meticulous attention to detail and doubts, and one-on-one discussions have allowed this new learning method to flourish. To help you give your career a head start as an Economics or Mathematic graduate, Careers360 Team has put together a comprehensive list of the top 10 home-based career opportunities that you can opt for. These home-based options for Maths and Economics graduates will help in boosting the career.
10 Home-based Job Options for Maths And Economics Graduates
1. Online or e-tutor - If you know Maths and Economics, you might want to consider taking up online teaching jobs. This home-based option for Maths graduates or Economics graduates requires a good quality camera, microphone, and strong internet connection. The best part about this home-based option for Maths graduates is that it requires you to devote comparatively lesser hours than a full-time teaching position in an educational institute or school. Online learning platforms are always looking for experts, and salary can be anywhere between Rs 25,000 to Rs 1,00,000 depending on your performance.
Also read - Online Mathematics And Computing Courses
2. Subject Matter Expert - A lot of publications houses and authors of subject-related textbooks are on the lookout for subject matter experts for their books. Naukri.com, Linkedin, and other online job portals give a variety of options and provide information about the employers. You may contact people you wish to work with and connect with them. All you need here is only and only subject knowledge. The salary here ranges somewhere between Rs 50,000 to more than a lakh.
Also read -
3. School/University Teacher - Teaching online through various e-learning platforms is a great home-based opportunity to work and earn. Due to this pandemic, universities and schools have outsourced teaching and require experts and professionals to help them. This is another way to work in the comfort of your home while also earning money. Salary ranges between Rs 25,000 and Rs 1,00,000.
Also Read - Career as Physical Education Teacher
4. Statistical Research- This is another good home-based job option for Maths graduates. The job role requires a statistical analyst to collect, compile and interpret data and provide firms recommendations based on your research. For this, you are supposed to have strong mathematical and statistical knowledge. And there are a lot of websites that hire people for the research or you might do it yourself and sell to the concerned authorities. Either way, it is a win-win situation for you!
Also read - Online Mathematics Courses
5. Actuarial Science – This home-based job option for Maths graduates is not much heard of as compared to the others. This job opportunity for maths graduates pays well at the comfort of home if they have completed B.Sc Maths honours. Apart from mathematical and statistical knowledge, you should also have interest and some basic knowledge about business and finance and should also have strong communication skills so that you can put forward your research and recommendations to people of an organization.
6. Financial Analyst – If you talk about home-based job options for Economics graduates, this is the best one to pot for. Finance Analysts usually do a lot of research on a companies finance, investments, stocks, bonds, competitors, and other areas of investment to help guide a company related to the future investments to be made and how to go about the current financial scenario. If you go to any job portal, you can find a lot of job openings and vacancies related to the same and the best part is that it is a home-based job opportunity. For this, all you might require a computer software that will be used to make analysis and study data and report writing and presentation skills.
7. Market Research Analyst – This is also one of the job opportunities for Economics graduates that they can encash. Market Research Analysts do an in-depth study of the market where your products or services are sold and what is the response to your product or service. They also see how a certain product or service may fare under various economic conditions. The expectation from this kind of role is to gather, interpret and analyze data and use good software for presentation, presenting the data to the company.
Also read -
8.Credit Analysis – Credit Analysts analyze the microeconomics involving an in-depth study and research about their prospective clients. This is also one of the good job options for Economics graduates to opt for. The main job role here is to determine and access the risk of giving out loans and credit to various businesses whether small or large scale. As a Credit Analyst, you can earn around Rs 6 to 8 lakhs per annum, but it also depends upon the experience, type of industry, and region where the person is operating from.
9. Actuary - This kind of home-based opportunity is not easy to find, unlike the above-mentioned ones. Not only this, the pay scale under this kind of job role is the highest compared to the others. It is a high-paying career and an Actuary who’s just starting their career in the industry can easily earn anywhere between Rs 15-20 lakhs per annum.
10. Corporate Law- After you’ve pursued a bachelor’s degree in Economics, one can even pursue a career in corporate law. This home-based job opportunity is a very high-paying job profile. Corporate lawyers work with companies on matters such as mergers and acquisitions among others and should have a strong sense of laws and regulations when it comes to running a business entity in India. One can either work as a consultant or with a mid-sized to large-scale corporate law advisory firm.In terms of salary, corporate law firms offer anywhere between Rs 25-30 lakh per annum to Rs 150-200 lakh.
With the pandemic taking a toll on the careers and jobs of individuals, home based job opportunities is something that shouldn’t be ignored. With confidence in yourself and in what you have studied, go ahead and get that job of your interest.
Browse Mathematics and Economics Universities in India's Top Locations:
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - 10 Home Based Job Options for Maths And Economics Graduates
Question: What jobs can be related to maths and statistics?
Maths and Statistics jobs can be found in government and semi-government institutes as well as private and public sectors. These jobs include teaching in research institutions and establishments dedicated to higher education.
Question: What are the high-paying jobs for a Maths Graduate?
Economist, Astronomer, Actuary, Statistician, Mathematician are a few among the many high paying jobs for maths graduates.
Question: What can you do after completing your Economics graduation?
You might want to take up the job of an equity researcher or analyst.
Question: What is the scope of economics as a career?
Economics is considered as an evergreen subject for both jobs as well as careers and there is a huge demand in the job market related to the same.
Question: What is the scope of a financial analyst’s job in India?
As a freshly graduated financial analyst, one can earn a salary in the range of Rs 15,000- Rs. 40,000 per month. After 5 years or more in work experience, there is four to five times growth in terms of salary.
Question: How can I get started with a career as an ‘actuary’?
The Indian Actuaries Institute offers certification courses that a candidate can pursue after completing their 10+2 in Mathematics.
Question: Can I open my own business or institute after completing a degree in Mathematics?
Yes, having a degree in Mathematics opens up a lot of career opportunities for graduates. If you’re willing, you are free to set up your own institute to teach Mathematics to students of all levels.
Question: How can I become a credit analyst in India?
In order to become a credit analyst in India, you need to have an undergraduate degree in either finance, accounting, or other related fields such as ratio analysis, statistics, economics, calculus, financial statement analysis, and even risk assessment.
Question: What is the scope of corporate law in India?
Corporate law is a hot career option amongst the youth these days and one can either work as an independent corporate lawyer or with a top corporate law firm. As a corporate lawyer, one can start off with a basic salary of INR 40,000 per month and it can grow from thereon, depending upon the work experience and the type of clients handled.
Question: What is the association/institute for actuarial science experts in India?
The Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) is the body that certifies and enables actuarial science experts in India to work in this field.
Questions related to Maths and Science
Admission thought COMEDK in RV College Class 10 70pert in each subject ( Maths and Science) wise is a criteria??
There is no minimum marks required in class 10th the get eligible for COMEDK. But they consider your class 12th marks as eligibility criteria. In order to be eligible to write COMEDK, your class 12th score should be minimum 50% aggregate in PCM subjects.
Your COMEDK rank depends only upon your COMEDK scores.
RVCE is one of the top Engineering colleges in Karnataka with high placement records and best faculty. To get into RVCE, Bangalore through COMEDK you should have a rank between 500-1000 to get a seat in CSE, IS or ECE branch. So you have to score more than 150 marks out of 180.
Information about COMEDK 2021:
The syllabus for COMEDK 2021 consists of the syllabus of class 11 as well as class 12. The syllabus will consist of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
The exam will be held on 14 September 2021. You will be having 180 questions. 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer. There is no negative marking for this exam so do not fear if you have got your answer wrong. To get a good rank, you should aim at 120+ marks out of 180.
For a detailed syllabus of COMEDK, you can visit the given link below:
i do not have maths and science in class 10 nios board. can i take biology, physics and chemistry in class 12 nios board
Yes of course you can take Biology, Physics and Chemistry in class 12th NIOS because it has no any criteria making compulsory to read Mathematics and Science in class 10th. So even if you have passed 10th NIOS without Mathematics and Science subject then also you can appear for NIOS 12th with PCB and can get your result for the same.
You can check out the eligibility criteria for NIOS 12TH from the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
Which are best college to take degree in Mathematics ?
The best college for Mathematics is CMI Chennai. The system at CMI is pretty minimalistic.
- Attendance is not recorded, although the small size of the class usually ensures that the prof gets to know the regular absentees.
- There's no uniform system of marking or even any set course structure, which is entirely in the hands of the professor taking the course.
- Apart from the core courses, you can attend any course of your choice which is being taken at CMI. For example, a BSc 1st year student can even take a course of an MSc 1st year student (and vice versa too) Of course, there's the trouble of clashing timings, but it can be easily adjusted. Basically, there's the matter of talking with the professors who are, in general, very supportive and most importantly, approachable.
- There's a lot of free time available. Saturday and Sunday are free.
- The campus is pretty small and quite green. Small enough that you can walk go from one corner to the other within 5-7 minutes. With the mess right inside the hostel, the mess is just 10 steps away from room. So, get up at 8:45, take a quick bath, have an even quicker snack, and you'll find it's still just 9:05, enough time to easily go to class.
- Another really nice thing about CMI is that the library and Computer Lab are both 24x7 open. You can often go to the library pick any topic of my choice, and just pick any book that seems exciting.
- There is a daily shuttle from CMI to IMSc, which goes like 5-6 times a day. It's not only useful for going to IMSc to attend the guest lectures there, but the nice thing about it is that IMSc is pretty close to IIT-M. (Not to mention that it is at the heart of the city, and near the beach, so you can roam around, shop, or go the beach)
Finally, for recreation, there's a common room with Tata Sky TV and a Gym. There's a Table Tennis table, and a makeshift badminton court. There's a proper volleyball court, and half a basketball court, I guess there's football ground coming up soon too.
- To top it all of, a monthly stipend of Rs 5000/- is paid by CMI to every student.
what is the age limit of boys for eamcet
The lower age limit for TS EAMCET is 16 years and there is no upper age limit for admission in B.Tech in all branches except B.Tech Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering or Food Technology. For admission in B.Tech Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering or Food Technology must be 17 years of age and the upper age limit is 22 years for unreserved category students. For reserved students admission in B.Tech Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering or Food Technology is 25 years.
what was the syllabus for MCA for apicet
The syllabus for MCA for apicet exam are given below
- Geometry &Vector Calculus
- Complex Number
- Vector space
- Real Sequences
- Infinite series
- Riemann Integration
- Data Representation
- Boolean circuits & their Simplification.
- C-programming: Data types, constant &variables, operator & expression
- Control structure
- Use of functions, scope
LOGICAL REASONING & ENGLISH COMPREHENSION
- Problem solving using basic concepts of arithmetic algebra, geometry & data analysis
- Reading Comprehension
- Correct Usage of english language
Hope this information will help you