- Reflection critical evaluation
- Regression analysis: Theory
- Interview with Eni Gas and power: leveraging big data to uncover customer preferences
- How firms and startups can gather and analyse data to test hypotheses
- Regression analysis: Application
- Correlation Vs Causality
- Using data to answer important questions at Google
- Interview with Mimoto: Paving the way for electric mobility using a scientific approach
A Scientific Approach to Innovation Management
Build acumen over Scientific Approach to Innovation Management through the course offered by the University of Bocconi through Coursera.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme has specifically laid out systematic processes to make strategic decisions about innovative products or services that will help Innovators, Entrepreneurs, and Managers in the coming times to avoid common pitfalls. The course helps Entrepreneurs to understand if the idea they have in their head is worth it or not, whether they should pursue it or not, if it is able to develop into a fully-functional Practical and Economical Project.
To answer all of it, the programme teaches the students to analyse the feasibility of the seed of an Innovative Idea related to a Start-up or any Entrepreneur or some Project. The course does it all through problem- framing methods, and also uses deep Data Analysis. All of such processes and algorithms are collectively known as ‘Scientific Approach’- the sole motive of this course.
A Unique Selling Point of the programme is that it is structured to be Highly Interactive, including exercises related to real-life scenarios and real-world Applications of each topic. The harsh implications of the project idea are also showcased with the help of a varied range of examples and Case Studies, eventually accounting to a Scientific Approach to Innovation Management.
- Flexible deadlines
- 100% Online course
- Shareable certificate
- Entire course in English
- Course duration of 14 hours
- Financial aid available
- Flexible learning
- Provided by University of Bocconi
- Certificate by Coursera
- Framed problems
- Case studies
- Instructor-led training
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
The Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme details are given below:
The course is free for learning enthusiasts. Although, in case of redeeming a certificate a charge needs to be paid -
Type of Purchase
Amount in Rs.
Fee without a Certificate
Fee for Certification
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
A multi-dimensional course, the Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme caters to the professional requirements. This programme is ideal for people:
- Involved in Businesses who are a part in the process of Innovation and Development in their arena of work.
Certification Qualifying Details
Candidates will be issued with a certificate of completion once the programme is completed and that the candidate submits all that is required for this programme. An e-certificate will be given which is a shareable one.
What you will learn
The Scientific Approach to Innovation Management program is specially designed for Innovators, Management Enthusiasts, and Professionals. Countering common downfalls related to a Project.
As the program successfully reaches the closure phase, candidates will learn and develop different skills that are mentioned below:
- Problem-solving with a scientific approach
- Evaluating the feasibility of an idea
- Analyzing the feasibility of an innovative idea
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Developing a practical and economical project
The Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme procedure is very directive and simple. Students are only required to keep their card or Internet Banking Details handy.
Candidates may follow the given steps to register themselves:
Step 1: Visit https://www.coursera.org/learn/scientific-approach-innovation-management. Sign up using an Email ID and set up a strong alphanumeric password.
Step 2: Click on ‘Enroll for Free.’
Step 3: Choose your programme type between ‘Full Course, No Certificate’ and ‘Purchase Course’. You can also apply for a ‘Financial Aid’.
Step 4: There is an extensive list of requirements for availing Financial Aid, and only their fulfilment will lead to its Procurement. Kindly check all the requirements before filling the form. Once you submit the form, its acceptance or rejection will be notified.
Step 5: If you want to pay for multiple courses, click on ‘Shop More’, else proceed with the checkout.
Step 6: The course will be added to the cart in case of ‘Purchase Course.’ Enter a coupon code, if available. Else, fill in your card details and check the billing options.
Step 7: Finally click ‘Buy’. You can access the lessons after completing your transaction.
Step 8: In case of ‘Free Course, No certificate’, just signing in and registering will unlock the course.
The innovation design
- What is Innovation
- Risk and uncertainty
- Welcome to the course
- Strategic efficiency
- Interactive tour of the museum of failure
- Tools: Business model canvas and other tools
- The structure of the innovation decision
- Ink dome
- Type 1 and type 2 errors in innovation decision
- Operation efficiency Vs Strategic efficiency
- What data can and cannot do
- Formulate and apply theories to managerial problems
- What does the scientific approach do: The Galilean manager
- The building blocks: Theory, hypotheses, tests, analysis
Advanced tools for innovation management
- Difference-in-difference approach: Theory (download the attached datasets)
- Data science Vs causal links
- Instrumental variables: Theory (download the attached datasets)
- Machine learning for innovation management decisions
- Instrumental variables: Examples (download the attached datasets)
- Difference-in-difference approach: Examples (download the attached datasets)
- Summary, conclusions, limitations of the scientific approach
Theory and Data for Innovation Management
- Basic tools: probabilities
- Metrics reliability
- Hypotheses and their context [p values don’t always matter]
- Quasi experimental design
- Metrics validity and reliability
- Split and multivariate tests
- Design and logic of hypothesis testing (download the attached datasets)
- Innovation metrics
- Using the organization to set the decision rule
- Conditional probabilities and the Bayes theorem
- Randomized control trials
- Metrics validity
- The use of experiments in innovation management
- The scientific approach: Theory and mechanisms
- How to derive hypotheses from a theory
- The scientific approach: summary and its use in practice
- Quasi experimental design
How it helps
The main benefit of the Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme is that students gain knowledge from real-time projects and assignments. These projects and assignments are application-based, which is why these are helpful for the students. The course curriculum is designed by experts who know the demands of building on an Innovative Idea and the theoretically relevant circumstances surrounding it. Once the candidate completes this course, it will be easy to make strategic decisions about innovative products or services.
The flexible learning and the provision of a 100% Online Course inclusive of Exercises and Problems ensure that students can study at their convenience, making the course a good one-time investment for Innovators, Managers, and Entrepreneurs. It cannot be denied that to avoid common pitfalls, it is important to analyze if pursuing the idea is necessary or not. The programme offers a Scientific Approach, bracing the candidate for common problems in the attainment of the goal. Taking this course will boost one's career in the Innovative Management manifold.
Besides this, the real-world framed problems and highly interactive exercises related to real-life scenarios aim to prepare the candidate for the outside world apart from providing academic knowledge. To the candidates doubting their capabilities, the programme also assists and teaches how to develop a Practical and Economical Project.
Coursera has expertise in the Online Learning Process and Offers Flexible Learning with Valuable Certification helpful in increasing Employability and enhancing CV.
The course extends up to 14 hours of learning and can be pursued in accordance with the availability of the candidate.
Students need to complete projects on real-world topics that are based on the scientific approach to Innovative Management. This helps candidates to implement their learnings and test them.
All the instructors for the Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme are experts from the field of Management and Technology.
Once the Candidate makes a Purchase of the course, he/she will have access to all the Course Material included Graded Assignments. An E-Certificate will also be offered after the completion of the course.
Yes, Coursers provides Financial Aid to those who cannot bear the cost of the Programme. The candidate needs to fill an application after enrolment for the course. The acceptance or rejection of the application will be informed later on.
The Scientific Approach to Innovation Management programme falls under the category of Entrepreneurship, Management, and Technology.
The University of Bocconi is the actual Provider of the course and it does so through Coursera.
Yes, the programme is free for learning although to avail certification, payment of a fee is needed.
In case of unavailability of the Option for accessing a Free Course, one can either opt for a Free Trial or even apply for Financial Aid.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.