About Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai
Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai was established in the year 2010. It is a self-financed institution and is run by Parthasarathy Seenimmal Educational Trust. CIT is affiliated to Anna University. It offers UG Courses in Civil engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Biomedical Engineering, Information Technology and PG Courses in Computer Science and Engineering, Applied Electronics and CAD/CAM.
Chennai Institute of Technology is located in Sarathy Nagar, Kundrathur, SH 113, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Tambaram Railway Station is around 14 km away from the institute. Chennai International Airport is approx 20 km away from the college. Kundrathur Bus Depot is around 7 km away from CIT. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
The institution has been accredited by NAAC.
CIT Chennai is accredited by NBA.
CIT Chennai has the following collaboration
- Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Tianjin Vocational College of Mechanics and Electricity, China
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Financial Management Club: This Club gives exposure to the financial industry and helps the members in gaining knowledge about career opportunities in this field.
- Music Club: This Club is for people who are passionate about music and gives them a platform to showcase their musical talent.
- Robotic Club: The aim of the club is to pervade the knowledge of robotics among the students and organises various events in this field.
- Photography Club: This Club provides a platform for budding photographers to showcase their photography talent.
- Dance Club: It gives a platform for students to showcase their dancing skills in various competitions and events.
- Debate Society: This Society organises debate competitions and also conducts various lectures and speeches for the students.
- Calligraphy Club: This Club is for the students to take interest in learning Copperplate Calligraphy. Calligraphy skills can be exhibited to showcase their creativity.
- Mobile Apps Club
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 2 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 2 Lakhs
- Seats: 180 Seats
- Total Fees: 2 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Total Fees: 2 Lakhs
- Seats: 60 Seats
Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai Admission
Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai offers UG Courses in Civil engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Biomedical Engineering, Information Technology and PG Courses in Computer Science and Engineering, Applied Electronics and CAD/CAM. Admission to undergraduate courses is based on the merit of the qualifying exam and candidates have to participate in the TNEA counselling process conducted by Anna University. CIT Chennai offers admission to M.Tech on the basis of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) conducted by Anna University and further, they have to participate in the TANCA counselling process. Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai admission process is given below in details.
Candidates have to register and apply online on the website of Anna University for participating in the TNEA single window counselling.
Admission will be offered based on the merit of the marks in the qualifying exam.
Candidates participate in the TNEA single window counselling for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Based on participation in TNEA counselling, document verification and fee payment, candidates will be offered admission.
Candidates have to apply and appear for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) conducted by Anna University.
Based on the scores of TANCET, candidates have to participate in the TANCA conducted by Anna University for seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Final admission will be based on merit, participation in the TANCA, document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Exams and Cutoffs
Last Seen: 23 Aug' 20
Joined On: 23 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
Our college trains every student perfectly to place every on
Best college to study engineering
Im satisfied with every needs by my collage
Chennai Institute of Technology has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, auditorium etc. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, canteen, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation. CIT also provides bus facility to the students for making their traveling more convenient.
- Auditorium: The institution has an auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students. It has a seating capacity of 1500 audiences.
- Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Cafeteria: The college has a cafeteria that provides nutritious and tasty snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students. Students can avail the facility of the digital library.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
- Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with latest technologies and equipment.
- Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Health Centre: The health centre is well equipped and caters to the medical needs of the students, staff and faculty.
This College is accredited by NAAC B+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 13 Feb 2025 and the score is 2.51 .
Questions related to Chennai Institute of Technology, Chennai
How is IT department (Information Technology) in CIT , Chennai ???
Hope you are doing well.
CIT commonly known as chennai Institute of technology which was established in 2010 and is approved by UGC, AICTE, NBA respectively. They have a good infrastructure and have well qualified professors in IT branch as well. As per fee structure they have total fees in around 2 lakh. As per placement side they have an average CTC package in around 4.2LPA and highest CTC package of 22LPA .
So as if you want to persue your IT degree here then you can go for this college.
If you want more information regarding this college you may visit :-
Hope this information helps you out. Thank you.
what is the cut off mark for biomedical engineering in the years 2017 to 2019
Hope you're doing well!
Biomedical engineering is the application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology for healthcare purposes. It is of vital importance in production of medical instruments.
Now,the cut off for various colleges which are known for biomedical engg are :-(2019)
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, DELHI - for general category, closing rank was 3712.
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BOMBAY - the cut off was 400 .
- INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, MADRAS - the cutt off was 736 in general category.
- INDIAN institute of TECHNOLOGY, KGP - the cut off was 3844-9876 ranks for general category.
what about gender ratio of boys and girls in Chennai institute of technology Chennai and also in cse department
Ratio for CSE is most likely boys: girls= 1/3 : 2/3. Girls mostly attempt for technical branch or core branch so it have comparatively more girls strength to non-technical branch like chemical engineering, civil, ME, food technology.
it may vary by some factor every year. Girls ratio will increase in coming days
Hope it helps!
what about hostel facility of college rooms their quality and per person how many rooms
Hostel facility is good. They provide High quality and hygenic environment for safe stay of students. They provide individual cot, study table and other essential needs.
They also provide place for sports and research work. Study room with good network wifi is given. for big room , they might accomodate 2-3 students. for small rooms , one student.
for more details, please visit the link below:-
Hope it helps!
shall we use mobile in college
Yes, you can use mobiles in college. All the electronic gadgets like mobile, iPads, laptops are allowed in the college according to previous year students review. But while getting admission into the College, please ask and confirm about the details you need. May be status of the college's, facilities have been changed. Thank you
Chennai Institute of Technology (CIT) has released the online and offline a....
The application form of Chennai Institute of Technology for B.E. admissions....
The application form for admissions into the B.E courses offered by Chennai....
Chennai Institute of Technology (CIT) has announced admissions for B.E. p....
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 13 Feb 2025 ; CGPA : 2.51