Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT), Mumbai was established in the year 1999. VIT is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra State. The college offers undergraduate (B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.Tech, MMS) courses in various areas. VIT is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
VIT is located at Vidyalankar College Road, Wadala East, Sangam Nagar, Antop Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra. Matunga Railway Station is 3.6 km away and MSRTC Shivneri Bus stand Dadar is around 3.4 km away and it will take around 12 minutes to reach the institute. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is 12.3 km away from the college. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the Vidyalankar Institute of Technology.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- VIT is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- University of Toledo, Ohio State, USA
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Entrepreneurship Cell: E-Cell was started to develop an entrepreneurial culture in the institute and to foster techno-entrepreneurship for the generation of wealth and employment.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC A+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 03 Mar 2024 and the score is 3.41 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Mumbai Admission Process:
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology offers admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Admission to the undergraduate course will be done through the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) examination while for postgraduate courses, candidates have to appear for GATE/CET examinations. The detailed admission processes of all courses are given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech):
- Candidates should appear and obtain a non zero score in MHT-CET Exam.
- The candidates have to fill an application form on the VIT website.
- Final admission will be done on the basis of performance in the MHT CET exam, fee payment and seat allotment process.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/MMS):
- For M.Tech, candidates should obtain a positive non zero score in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- The candidates have to fill an application form on the college website.
- Final admission will be based on the marks scored in GATE, seat allotment process and fee payment.
- For Master of Management Studies (MMS), candidates should obtain non zero scores in the Common Entrance Test (CET).
- The candidates have to fill an application form for admission to the VIT.
- Final admission will be based on the marks scored in CET, seat allotment process and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
VIT, Mumbai provides various infrastructure and facilities for the students and staff such as cafeteria to serve food and beverages, library with a collection of books, gymnasium for the physical fitness of the students, the auditorium can be used for meetings, seminars, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, medical facility, computing facility and many other facilities for daily needs like a fire station, wi-fi, etc.
- Auditorium: The College has an auditorium facility for the students where extracurricular activities, events, celebrations can be conducted.
- Cafeteria: Cafeteria is available at the college premises that serve food to the students and faculty at a reasonable rate.
- Guest House: VIT, Mumbai has a guest house inside the campus for the guests visiting the College for lectures, meetings, etc.
- Laboratories: Labs are available for every department so that students can have practical knowledge of the courses.
- Gymkhana: The College provides gym facility for the students with the latest machines. Students can make use of this facility to maintain their physical fitness.
- Computer Centre: Computer centre of the College is equipped with latest hardware & software for the students.
- Library: Library of the Institute contains various technical books, national and international journals, CD's, etc for the students and faculty.
- Sports: The College provides sports facilities for the students to maintain their physical and mental well being. Both indoor and outdoor games are available for them.
- Medical: The College provides medical facilities to the students and faculty. A doctor and a nurse are available for any emergency or first aid. The ambulance facility is also available at concessional rates.
- Security: The College has surveillance cameras installed in each building for the security of the students.
Last Seen: 02 Jun' 20
Joined On: 14 Nov' 16
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 11
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BE Electronics Engineering
Feedback and reviews make an organisation always better
My total experience is very good
Be sure With Vidyalankar.
Last Seen: 20 May' 20
Joined On: 20 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BE Information Technology
Questions related to Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Mumbai
vidyalankar institute of technology or Chandigarh university which has best placement in cs branch
The infrastructure of Chandigarh university is simply phenomenal. The university campus and the hostels are fully equipped with Wi-Fi facility with best in class bandwidth which is 1 Gbps. The laboratories are well-equipped, and every academic year, the existing machinery of the laboratories is updated to make sure that students learn the latest technology. Software in the labs is updated to the latest version every year so that students become familiar with the latest ones. But it is completely okay because NDT is a research subject and we don't need it at the UG level. Classrooms are spacious and properly ventilated with libraries being well-equipped with books, journals, and magazines.
The placements are good for the CSE. The highest package offered is around 31 LPA and the lowest is 3 LPA and this university offers international semester exchange programmes so that the students get involved in extra-curricular activities of the international colleges and universities.
vidyalankar institute of technology per semester fee (total) ,
B.E. course from Vidyalankar Institute of Technology,Mumbai will cost you about 5.48 lakhs for the whole four year course duration.
Which is quite economical considering the fact that it is a private Institute.
So, choosing it will be a good choice.
Hope this helps
Bhagalpur institute of technology Bihar ,or vidyalankar institute of technology which is best
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology and Bhagalpur College of Engineering both are reputed Institutes.
Vidyalankar is a private Institute with better infrastructure and facilities whereas Bhagalpur Institute is a public Institute therefore it will cost you significantly lower.
So it depends upon which one do you want to enroll in.
However choosing any of these will be a nice choice.
Hope this helps
Is VIT Mumbai autonomous college?
Vidyalankar Institute of Technology (VIT) is an engineering degree college approved by the All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE) and affiliated to University of Mumbai, India.It has been accredited by National assessment and accreditation with A+ grade in 2019.
so it is not an autonomous college.
Is there Holiday on Saturday at Vidyalankar institute of technology for FY engineering?
Yes there is a holiday on saturday at Vidyalankar institute of technology for FY engineering as well as other branches too. But they call students for extra classes sometimes or for some events on saturdays but that too on working saturdays. Even they can call you for projects.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 03 Mar 2024 ; CGPA : 3.41