- Welcome to this course - Meet your professor, Jane McGonigal
- Why the Future is Like a Game
- Expert Gaming Versus Everyone Gaming
- Example of a Massively Multiplayer Forecasting Game
Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future
Get to learn the collaborative gaming techniques by pursuing the certification of the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future by Coursera.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification is an online programme that revolves around the concepts of collaborative gaming techniques. The course helps the students develop skills related to strategic planning, gaming, future forecasting, creativity, etc. The online programme imparts information regarding different methods that lead the student to understand the diversity of the future.
The Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification syllabus of the programme can be completed within 15 hours. However, the modules of the online course are divided into five weeks and they can be pursued on a weekly basis too. The programme does not demand any specific work experience or educational eligibility to get enrolled into it since it is a beginners' level programme. Participants can choose to participate either in the audit mode or in the subscription model. The video sessions of the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future online course are interactive through the means of assignments, practice exercises, and quizzes. Students who have a language barrier can access the course through available subtitles. At the end of the course, students also get to achieve a verified certification of the programme that can help the participants gain professional heights.
- Thoroughly an online course
- Certification available at the end of the programme
- No limitations regarding deadlines
- Beginner level programme
- 15 hours of the time span required for the course
- Subtitles available in 5 languages
- Financial aid provided in the course
- 5 modules available
- The course is available in the audit mode
- The programme offered by Coursera
- Imparted by Institute of the Future
- Videos notes
- Practice exercises
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The student can enter the course through free trial methods of seven days.
- The student can join the programme through audit mode without paying the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future fees.
- The student can access the certification of online training through the payment of Rs. 3,615 per month.
Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future Fees details
Amount in Rupees
Rs. 3,615 per month
Course in the audit mode
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification is intended for the following participants:
Students who are interested in the course.
Certification Qualifying Details
In order to be a recipient of the certification, the student must enroll for the course by paying the required amount and complete the course successfully.
What you will learn
The candidate will be able to enhance their knowledge regarding the following points through the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification course:
- Students will be able to learn how to design and run a multiplayer forecasting game.
- Candidates will be able to anticipate the harms of new technologies that can occur in the long run through the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future training.
- Participants will be able to find the solution for the long-term harms and prevent them.
- The learners will be able to develop strategic planning and creative skills for the gameplay.
- Students will gain valuable insights on how to game out surprising consequences.
- Candidates will learn about several tools for seeing the future from a different point of view.
- Participants will gain an understanding of positive and shadow imagination in the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future programme.
Students can get admitted into the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future by Coursera by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1- The enrolment needs to be done via the official course webpage.
Step 2- The student needs to create an account on Coursera to proceed further with the admission process.
Step 3- The student needs to enroll in the course by selecting the available option of Enrol for free on the main page of the programme.
Step 4- The student can either go for Audit mode or Free trial as per the requirement.
Step 5- The student needs to pay the stipulated amount to access the course if he/she wants to enter into the course through free trial mode.
Week 1: Introduction to collaborative foresight
Week 2: How to game out surprising consequences
- What's a Future Wheel?
- Examples of Surprising Consequences
- 5 Scenarios to Game Out
Week 3: Positive and shadow imagination
- Two Sides of Every Future
- The Future of Empathy
- SCENARIO: The FeelThat Network
- Advanced Positive and Shadow Imagination
Week 4: Tools for seeing the future from a different point of view
- Mini-Masterclass: How to Find Leading Edge Behaviors
- How to Explore Four Future Feelings (Part 1)
- How to Explore Four Future Feelings (Part 2)
Week 5: Epic wins
- What's an Epic Win?
- Epic Wins from the Future of Technology
- Tips on Creating Epic Wins
- How to Play the Equitable Futures Card Game (Part 1)
- How to Play the Equitable Future Card Game (Part 2)
- Congratulations on finishing the course!
The option for financial aid is available for the students who fulfil the eligibility criteria for the scheme. Students can click on the Financial Aid Available tab given beside the enroll option on the official page of the online programme and proceed further to submit the application form for the same.
How it helps
The Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification course is designed for students who are interested in the fundamentals of the course. Participants will learn about different strategic planning, gaming, and creative techniques that will help them understand the diversity of the future. Participants can learn from the programme in the online mode. The course material is already available in the programme and the modules are divided into five different parts on the basis of the weeks.
Students will also get a course completion certificate if they opt for the paid version of the programme. The Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification benefits the students in fulfilling their professional or academic goals. Students who pursue this course can apply for an internship or a preliminary level job in the related field. Students who want to enrol in other parts of the programme are also eligible for this course.
The course completion certificate can benefit students who want to improve their professional profile. Through the learning of the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future online course students can develop their skills related to strategic planning and can predict the future consequences of some specific situations. The course also helps the students become empathetic for other people's futures.
Yes, the online programme facilitates the seven-day free trial option for the students who want to get a review of the course.
Participants must enroll in the course by paying the quoted amount and complete the entire syllabus to get the certification for the programme.
No, there is no such requirement to pursue the Collaborative Foresight: How to Game the Future certification syllabus.
There is no last date for the enrolment of this programme and students can apply anytime according to their requirements.
Candidates can be a part of the scholarship scheme of the online training by clicking on the Financial Aid Available option given on the main page of the course.
No, there are no limitations regarding the attendance of the sessions. Students can attend the video lectures at any time as it is available 24x7 for the participants.
The audit mode allows the student to pursue the curse for free. However, it does not let the student be able to access the quizzes and assignments and thus certification of the programme.
Google via Coursera
Georgia Tech via Udacity
Institute for the Future, Palo Alto via Coursera
Institute for the Future, Palo Alto via Coursera
SDG Academy via Edx
European Institute of Innovation and Technology via Coursera
Technical University of Munich via Edx
IsraelX via Edx
University of Texas at Arlington via Edx
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia via Edx
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Institute for the Future, Palo Alto
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.