- Welcome to the course! Meet your professor Jane McGonigal
- Strong Opinions, Lightly Held
- What's the forecast?
- Mini-Masterclass: Forecasting 101
- Looking for Drivers
- More Global Drivers
- Driver Example: Blockchain!
- How to Make a Quick Forecast on any Topic
- Institute for the Future, Palo Alto
- Forecasting Skills See the Future Before it Happens
Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens
Learn how to create a future forecast by pursuing the certification of the Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens by Coursera.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens certification course is provided through an online platform named Coursera. In this course, the participant will learn about future forecasting and how to enhance the skills related to the aspect. Through this online course, the student can also forecast the future possibilities and accept them same.
The course is a self-paced learning programme that helps the participant to finish the course at his/her own convenience. The Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens certification syllabus takes up to 13 hours of time to get completed. The audit mode is free of cost. The course is offered by the platform of Coursera in association with the Institute for the Future. Students will get study material on enrolling for the course. Participants will also get a course completion certificate Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens online course if they successfully complete all the graded quizzes and assignments.
- Online curriculum
- Beginner’s level of programme
- Course available at zero cost in the audit mode
- 13 hours of the time period
- Four modules divided into 4 weeks
- Flexible deadlines
- Shareable certification available
- Subtitles available
- 7 days free trial available
- Offered by Coursera
- Discussion platform
- Practice exercises
- Videos sessions
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Participants can access the course at zero cost in the audit mode.
- Participants need to pay a sum of Rs. 3,615 per month as the Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens fees to access the course along with the certification of the programme.
Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens Fees Details
Amount in Rupees
Rs. 3,615 per month
Course in the audit mode
certificate providing authority
Certification Qualifying Details
To be able to achieve the certification for the online programme, the participant must finish all the quizzes, assignments, and assessments by paying the course fee.
What you will learn
Upon the successful completion of the Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens programme, students will be able to gain the following valuable insights through the course-
- Candidates get to learn about the signals and how to combine signals and drivers into the future forecast.
- Students will be able to identify and analyse global drivers of change in the course.
- Participants will be able to collect and analyse the signals of change in the programme.
- Learners will be able to write future scenarios through the Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens training.
- Students will learn how to reveal unexpected possibilities in the course.
- Participants will learn about the different types of future such as the future of money, social media, household, etc.
Participants need to follow the given guidelines to get admitted into the Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens programme-
Step 1- Participants can access the course on the official via Coursera website - Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens | Coursera
Step 2- Participants must create a Coursera account to enroll in the course.
Step 3- Participants need to enroll themselves through the enrolment option given in the blue area.
Step 4- Participants need to choose between the audit mode and the subscription model of the course.
Step 5- If the participant chooses the subscription mode, he or she will have to pay for the course through the available mode of payment.
Step 6- Participants can directly access the course material in the audit mode.
Week 1: Introduction to future forecasting
Week 2: How to create a future forecast
- Combining Signals and Drivers into a Forecast (Part 1)
- Combining Signals and Drivers into a Forecast (Part 2)
- How to Reveal Unexpected Possibilities (Part 1)
- How to Reveal Unexpected Possibilities (Part 2)
Week 3: How to write a future scenario
- What's a scenario?
- DEMO: Building a Scenario From Scratch
- SCENARIO: The Future of Learning and Earning
- The importance of ridiculous ideas
- A Few More Scenarios to Play With
Week 4: How to update your forecasts
- Revisiting a 10-Year Forecast... 10 Years Later!
- Updating a Forecast
- Congratulations on finishing this course!
How it helps
The Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens online course is available at zero cost as well as through course fee. Students who take up this course will be able to understand the skills associated with thinking of the future. Candidates who enroll themselves in the course will also learn about the scenario development techniques that can help them in predicting the future, accept it, and help others accept the same.
The Forecasting Skills: See the Future Before it Happens certification benefits the students in getting an entry-level job or internship in the same field. Candidates who are already employed in any company can also apply for a pay increase or promotion. The candidate can also look for a job change in the market. In order to make the job-hunting process easier, students can share their certificates on their LinkedIn profiles or other platforms.
No, a participant who is interested in the course can apply for the programme.
The specified time duration of the programme is 13 hours. However, students can take up to one month or longer to complete the course.
Students can take up the programme in the subscription model if they want to achieve the certification of the online course.
The course is provided by the Institute for the Future through the forum of Coursera.
The curriculum of the programme includes 4 modules along with the video notes, readings, assessments, quizzes, and practice papers.
Participants can make the payment for the course fee by clicking on the enroll tab and then proceed further with the available option.
Yes, the video sessions are downloadable and students can watch them offline for later purposes.
Yes, students have the option to unenroll from the course at their convenience.
Students need to take up the course by paying the fees and then complete all the graded assignments and quizzes to get the programme certification.
Smithsonian Institution via Edx
Stanford University via Coursera
The World Bank Group via Edx
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
Kyoto University via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
Stanford University via Edx
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia via Edx
Georgetown University, Washington via Edx
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Institute for the Future, Palo Alto
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.