- Are you ready to learn how to think like a futurist?
- Welcome to the course! Meet your professor Jane McGonigal
- Give me some examples of futures thinking!
- Meet some professional futurists
- What is future thinking?
- Mini-Masterclass: The Futures Belongs to Everyone
- When does the future start?
- What are the benefits of future thinking?
- Choose your own future!
- Institute for the Future, Palo Alto
- Ready, Set, Future Introduction to Futures Thinking
Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking
Gain an understanding of the future by pursuing the certification of the Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking by Coursera.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Virtual Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking certification course is a beginner level of training that deals with the idea of future thinking. The online training is provided by the Institute for the Future in collaboration with the forum of Coursera. Candidates who get into this program will be able to learn about the essential foresight techniques, strategic thinking, innovation, and other related aspects.
The course does not require any prerequisites to be fulfilled for admission into the program. Students can complete the course in the time span of 11 hours. The modules of the course are divided into 4 weeks and the entire Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking certification syllabus can be covered in a month.
The program is a self-paced course and thus requires no time limitations. The online course is also available free of cost in the audit mode. The course is available with nine different subtitles for the students. After the completion of the Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking program, students get to earn a professional certification for the course if they make the payment for the course and complete all the assignments.
- Online programme
- Beginner level course
- 4 weeks or 1 month programme
- 11 hours of programme
- Subtitles available in 9 languages
- Self-paced programme
- Free of cost in audit mode
- Certificate available
- Provided by Coursera
- Financial aid available
- Practice exercises
- Videos sessions
- Discussion platform
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Participants must pay Rs. 3,595 per month to get the certificate at the end of the course.
- Participants do not need to pay any fee if they want to learn from the course in the audit mode.
Amount in Rupees
Rs. 3,595 per month
Course in the audit mode
certificate providing authority
Certification Qualifying Details
Participants must complete all the assignments included in the course by subscribing to the paid version of the program to get the certification for the course.
What you will learn
Following are the points that will be learned by the candidate -
- Students will be able to learn about future thinking in the course.
- Candidates will gain insights on how to avoid future shock and help others do the same.
- Candidates will come to know about the signals of change and how to analyse the same through the course.
- Participants will be able to identify the historical change in the past to predict new changes in future
- Students will learn about the types of future thinking.
- Candidates will learn about the interpretation of signals in the Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking training.
- Learners will gain an understanding of the benefits of future thinking.
The admission process for the Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking training is given below-
Step 1- Candidates must visit the official link of the program - Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking | Coursera.
Step 2- Participants must create an account on the platform Coursera.
Step 3- Participants must enrol in the course by clicking on the suitable option.
Step 4- Participants must pay the course fee if they choose to achieve the certification.
Step 5- Participants can Go to the Course to access the study material of the program.
Week 1: Welcome to the future
Week 2: Signals of change
- Introduction to Signals
- Examples of Signals
- Five Minutes in the Future of Food
- Five Minutes in the Future of Economic Justice
- How to Interpret Signals
- Your Turn! Analyze a Signal
- Where do you look for signals? And other FAQ
Week 3: Look back to look forward
- Get Better at Noticing Change
- How to Look Back to Look Forward (Part I)
- How to Look Back to Look Forward (Part II)
Week 4: Four types of Futures thinking
- What's Your Future State of Mind?
- The Four Types of Futures Thinking
- Why I Future with Youth
- Why I Future with Musicians
- Why I Future with Incarcerated People
- Why I Future with My City
- Congratulations! You've finished this course
Financial aid is available for students who cannot afford the course fee. Students can apply for the scholarship by clicking on the Financial Aid Available option.
How it helps
The Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking online course is provided by the platform of Coursera. The course imparts knowledge to the students who are interested in the course. Students get to understand the practice of future thinking through this course. Candidates who became a part of this course will gain skills related to strategic thinking, innovation, creativity, leadership, etc.
Students will be able to find the study material for the course within the program in the form of video lectures, practise papers, assignments, readings, quizzes, etc. The curriculum of the program can be completed within a month. Upon the successful completion of the course, students get to attain a certificate at the end of the program. The Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking certification benefits students if they decide to apply for a job in a similar domain.
Students can also apply for a higher level of the program in the same discipline by pursuing this online course. Participants can share the certification earned through this course on other social and professional platforms such as LinkedIn. The certification helps the students gain a weightage in their profile. The certification speaks for the skills developed by the candidate through this course. Students can also mention the achievement of the Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking certification as a highlight in their CVs or resume so that the recruiters notice the skills acquired by the candidate.
Students can apply for the online course at any time since there is no last date of admission.
The Ready, Set, Future! Introduction to Futures Thinking certification syllabus needs to be completed in 11 hours or 4 weeks.
The review process for the application for the scholarship takes 15 days. Students will be notified about the same through suitable means.
Yes, the online program includes subtitles in nine distinct languages for the students.
No, the course does not include any examination for the certification of the program.
There are discussion platforms through which students can clear their doubts regarding any topic.
There are a total of four modules divided into four weeks that have several videos, reading papers, and practice exercises.
Yes, students are allowed to pursue this course in the audit mode.
No, the student cannot earn university credit through this course.
Google via Coursera
Georgia Tech via Udacity
Institute for the Future, Palo Alto via Coursera
Institute for the Future, Palo Alto via Coursera
SDG Academy via Edx
EIT via Coursera
UT Arlington via Edx
Penn via Edx
Columbia University, New York via Edx
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong via Edx
Courses of your interest
The University of Edinburgh, Edi... via Coursera
More Courses by Institute for the Future, Palo Alto
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.