- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
Programme in Counselling Psychology being offered by RGNIYD has strong roots in theory and contemporary practice commensurate to the profession. The programme will enable the students to diagnose the problems of the clients scientifically and employ the therapeutic techniques and counselling skills during the counselling process besides with ethical considerations. This cutting-edge programme allows students to choose their areas of specialization with the inbuilt theory-practice nexus.
The students are provided with opportunities for field practicum, internships, the case works, institutional visits and supervised skill training in each domain of specialization in counselling viz., School, adolescent, career, family and workplace.
The students are nurtured by providing emphasis on personal growth and awareness as well as skills training. In addition, they are provided with opportunities to improve their professional competencies through skill labs, workshops, seminars, mentoring, remedial programmes and personal counselling services. The students could secure lucrative employment openings in educational institutions, corporates/industries, hospitals, adolescent and adult rehabilitation centres, NGOs, family and child care centres, legal sectors besides embarking on private practice, and as consultants to various organizations besides careers in teaching and research.
This programme would also benefit professionals such as doctors, paramedics, mental health professionals, teachers, human resource managers, social workers, corporate mentors to acquire specialized skills for value addition in their careers.
Objectives of the Programme
- To provide a comprehensive theoretical knowledge and to develop counselling skills
- To equip the students with diagnostic methods and psychological assessments specific to each specialized area of counselling
- To provide hands-on training on various therapeutic techniques in counselling
- To promote the ability to render professional services to individuals, groups and multi-cultural/diverse/special population
- Promote optimum human development for effective functioning
- To hone the research skills for undertaking scientific studies
- To develop values and ethics appropriate to the profession of counselling
Selection of candidates will be done through an all-India entrance test and/or interview. The admission of students will be made considering the marks obtained in the qualifying degree examination, and performance in the entrance test and/or interview.
Candidates having a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to apply for the Programme.
Note: There will be no age restriction for admission to these academic programmes