50+ UGC Approved Online Courses by Top Universities - Check Duration, Fees and Other Details
The University Grant Commission (UGC) recently gave a go-ahead to top-rank Indian universities, opening the gates for them to offer several types of online courses. The top universities are chosen to provide the most popular and world-class online courses approved by UGC. Not only this, these UGC approved certificate courses are efficient and affordable to students. These UGC approved online courses by top universities are part of the PM e-VIDYA programme alongside multiple other initiatives.
Candidates must know that these UGC approved certificate courses take a minimum of upto 6 months to get completed. While the duration for the diploma course is 1 year and for bachelor’s degree is 3 years. The master’s programme takes up to 2 years to get completed. Read on to know about more than 50 UGC approved online courses by top universities.
UGC Approved Online Courses by Top Universities
Fees (in Rs)
Bachelor of Arts (Hindi Medium)
Rs 30,000 (approx)
Master of Arts (Hindi)
Diploma in Tourism Studies
Post Graduate Diploma In Travel And Tourism Management
Certificate in Tourism Studies
Bachelor of Commerce (Hindi Medium)
Master of Commerce (Financial Management)
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy
Certificate in Information Technology
B.Sc in Programming and Data Science
Diploma in Data Science
Diploma in Programming
MBA in Hospital Administration
Certificate Program in Hospital and Healthcare Management
M.A. in Translation Studies
M.A. in Gandhi and Peace Studies
Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies
Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies
Post Graduate Diploma In Human Resource Management
Post Graduate Diploma In International Busines
Post Graduate Diploma In Logistics And Supply Chain Management
Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management
Post Graduate Diploma In Marketing And Sales Management
Post Graduate Diploma In Advertising And Brand Management
Post Graduate Diploma In Finance And Accounting
Post Graduate Diploma In Public Accounting
Post Graduate Diploma In NGO Management
Post Graduate Diploma In Retail Management
PG Diploma in Bioinformatics
JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research
Diploma in Sanskrit
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy
Certificate Program in Digital Marketing
Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth
Certificate Programme In Peace Studies and Conflict Management
Certificate Programme in Library and Information Science
Post Graduate Certificate in Agriculture Policy
Certificate in Tribal Studies
Certificate in Arabic Language
Certificate in Russian Language
For the reference of candidates, mentioned below is the detailed information about the UGC approved online courses by top universities.
Details About Online Courses Approved by UGC
1. Bachelor of Arts - The course is for students who want to pursue their careers in various art fields be it languages, Psychology, Fashion etc. It offers learning at your convenience with flexible time schedules helps you earn skills to accelerate your career.
2. Bachelor of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication) - Students who are keen to pursue a career in the mass media, PR or advertising industry can take up this course at the undergraduate level.
3. Master of Arts (Journalism & Mass Communication) - If you are willing to take up specialised training in mass media careers like anchoring, radio jockeying and production technologies for a period of 2 years.
4. Post Graduate Diploma In Journalism and Mass Communication - This is a time saver for students who want to enter into the world of media soon after the UG is completed. This UGC approved online course is focused on fixed career-oriented learning in the world of journalism.
5. Master of Arts (Hindi) - This UGC recognised online course is for students who want to pursue their careers in the Hindi language. The course is focused on making the learner learn Hindi language and literature at a higher level.
6. Bachelor of Arts (Tourism Administration) - The tourism administration course is focused on familiarizing the learner with everything related to human resources, marketing strategies, sustainability as well as administration in the tourism industry.
7. Bachelor of Tourism- An undergraduate degree course offered by IGNOU, it gives aspirants an introduction into the tourism and travel industry.
8. Diploma in Tourism Studies- This UGC recognised online course is for travel enthusiasts and acquaints the learner with ideal training to organize tourism services
9. Post Graduate Diploma In Travel And Tourism Management - The course focuses on making students learn about how to turn travelling from hobby to business and earn from it possible.
10. Certificate in Tourism Studies - This UGC approved certificate course in tourism offers immense opportunities for students to gain basic knowledge as industry employees. This is best for those who don't have basic knowledge about this sector but want to pursue a career in it.
11. Bachelor of Commerce - This UGC approved online course by top university is for students who want to enter the world of business studies and other business-related careers as well as entrepreneurship.
12. Bachelor of Commerce (Hindi Medium) - This online UGC approved course is for students from Hindi medium schools it aims mainly on teaching everything related to the business world in the Hindi language.
13. Master of Commerce (Financial Management) - The course is for Students who want to pursue their careers as personal financial advisors, consultants, security analysts, and financial analysts, etc.
14. Bachelor Of Business Administration - The course is for students who want to learn the art of business administration. This bachelor’s degree is provided by both Amity University and Bharati Vidyapeeth.
15. Master Of Business Administration - This is a NAAC certified course and is offered by Amity University, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth and Bharati Vidyapeeth. The course total fee in Bharati Vidyapeeth is Rs 85,000 (approx). In Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, it takes Rs 106,400 (approx.) and in the case of Amity, it is Rs 250,000 (approx).
16. Bachelor of Computer Applications - This is a NAAC certified course for those who want to enter the IT Sector, and focuses on everything students must know about computers to the IT sector as a highly-paid professional.
17. Master of Computer Applications - Acquaints students with the IT Sector jobs like software developers, software architect, computer analyst, etc.
18. Certificate in Information Technology - This is a short-term course focused on the concepts of software Hardware, Internet technologies, and Multimedia. Along with this course, a laboratory course is also included where a student gets hands-on experience.
19. BSc Degree in Programming and Data Science- The course offers remote learning for students who want to be equipped with skills and knowledge about data sciences.
20. Diploma in Data Science - The course is for students who want to pursue a career that combines mathematics, statistics, and computational thinking.
Also read - Career as Data scientist
21. Diploma in Programming - The course is for students who want to learn CSS HTML and JAVA, it mainly focuses on Mathematics and statics for data Sciences Computational thinking, and English.
22. MBA in Hospital Administration - The programme is for medical students which mainly focuses on providing Administrative knowledge to medical students to manage and run a Hospital.
23. Certificate Program in Hospital and Healthcare Management - The certificate programme is mainly for medical students who want to enter the healthcare management sector with professional-level qualifications.
24. M.A. in Translation Studies - The program is for Linguistics the course aims at providing knowledge about all the theories and practices related to translations.
25. M.A. in Gandhi and Peace Studies - The course is for students who want to learn Gandhian principles of management. The programme is focused on promoting both theoretical and applied research.
26. Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies - The course is for students who want to learn Gandhian principles of peace as a diploma course. The programme is focused on promoting both theoretical and applied research.
27. Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies - The Course offers a hands-on learning experience of Gandhian peace studies for individuals.
28. Post Graduate Diploma In Human Resource Management - The course is for Administration students who want to pursue human resources management as a career option. The course focuses on providing knowledge of human resources and how to locate and hire them as a manager of a firm.
29. Post Graduate Diploma In International Business - The course offers just what an individual needs to know about international business to run or manage businesses overseas.
30. Post Graduate Diploma In Logistics And Supply Chain Management - It is perfect for individuals willing to enter into supply-chain management as supply managers, logistics consultants, retail store managers, etc.
31. Post Graduate Diploma In Business Management - The course is for Students pursuing business studies and want to run or manage a business or anyone enter into proprietorships, it offers immense knowledge about managing a business successfully.
32. Post Graduate Diploma In Marketing And Sales Management - The course is for students who want to choose a career in marketing. The diploma offers just what they need to know to increase and manage sales-related activities of any business.
33. Post Graduate Diploma In Advertising And Brand Management - The diploma offers hands-on training in the field of Advertising and guides students to enter into the Advertising industry as concept designers, scriptwriters, etc.
34. Post Graduate Diploma In Finance And Accounting - The course is for students who want to pursue their career in finances. The course offers knowledge and hands-on training in the field of business in Accounts and Financial services.
35. Certificate in the Arabic Language - The course is for anyone who wants to learn Arabic as a foreign language from the beginner level & make them understand written and verbal communication in the Arabic language.
36. Academic Writing - These are mainly UGC courses. One of the popular courses is academic writing. It takes 15 weeks to be completed. More than 20,000 students across 85 countries have benefited from this course.
37. Analytical Techniques - This course teaches about the analytical tools and techniques required in the field of biochemistry. This too takes 15 weeks to complete.
38. Goods and Service tax - This also takes 15 weeks duration to complete and is a free online course.
39. Animation - This course covers all animation-related concepts. The duration of the course is 15 weeks and a paid certificate is available for this course.
40. Film Studies- This course covers fundamental concepts, theories, and structural features of the film as well as the industry. It can be completed within 15 weeks duration.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - 50+ UGC Approved Online Courses by Top Universities - Check Duration, Fees and Other Details
Question: Is UGC a government body?
Yes, UGC is a statutory body established by the Indian government in 1956.
Question: What is the PM e-VIDYA program?
The PM e-VIDYA program is a recent initiative by the Indian government to make India more self-dependent. It has allowed Indian top universities to organise online courses for students.
Question: Is the PM e-VIDYA program a part of ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’?
Yes, PM e-VIDYA program is a part of ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ as an initiative to promote online education.
Question: What is the purpose of SWAYAM?
SWAYAM is a government of India initiative to promote Digital India. It was established before the PM e-VIDYA program. The courses are taught by highly experienced teachers.
Question: How do I know my course is approved by UGC?
The list of approved universities under UGC can be checked year wise in the public domain with the approved courses.
Question: When did UGC approve online degree courses in India?
The UGC approved the launch of online degree courses in India in 2018.
Question: Is an online degree valid in India?
Any university that has been established by the central or state government is stated to be valid. Also, any university is valid if it is mentioned and specified under UGC under section 22 of the UGC act, 1956, which depends on the approval by Statutory Professional Council(s) regarding any programme.
Question: Which is the most popular online course in India?
The most popular online course is an MBA course in any specialisation in India.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for a university to offer an online degree course?
As per UGC regulations, 2018, a university needs to be in existence for at least five years. It should be accredited by NAAC and should be under the top 100 universities in India as per the recommendations by NIRF.
Question: What is UGC?
UGC refers to the University Grant Commission. It is a statutory government body that ensures proper funding in the funded institutions. It also provides expert advice to such institutions and the government for strategic development and the requirement of resources for improving the higher education system.
Question: Which universities got approval for conducting online courses for the year 2020?
The universities which have been allowed to conduct online classes are Amity University, IGNOU, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, IIT Madras, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research and Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy.
Question: What is a UGC-DEB recognised University?
The universities which are recognised by University Grants Commission and also by Distance Education Bureau are claimed as a UGC-DEB recognised university. Distance education council is a part of UGC which regulates distance programmes offered all over the country. The regulatory functions are undertaken by the UGC only.
Skill Development Updates and Articles
Careers360 has listed some of the best online degree courses w...
The Massive Open Online Course which impacts our learning proc...
Pursue these best MOOC training courses provided by Careers360...
If you want to upgrade your resume for a better career and are...