Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences (SU), Solan is a private university established in the year 2009. The University is granted by University Grants Commission (UGC) and certified by ISO. Shoolini University offers undergraduate, postgraduate courses in biotechnology and management sciences along with doctoral courses.
Shoolini University is located at Solan-Oachghat-Kumarhatti Highway, Bajhol, Himachal Pradesh. Kalka Railway Station is around 43 kms away and Shimla Airport is around 67 kms away from the University. Kumarhatti Bus Station is 13.7 km away from the Institute. Students can take a bus or a cab to reach Shoolini University, Solan.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- SU is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Shoolini University is also accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- John Hopkins Medical School, Baltimore, USA
- Seoul National University
- Chung Yuang Christian University, Taiwan
- University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, UK
- Best Team Nigeria Ltd, Nigeria
- Bukovinian State Medical University Chernivist, Ukraine
- Gachon University, South Korea
- The University of Suwon, South Korea
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- The Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Govt. of Kenya
- National Taiwan University - Taipei- Active, Taiwan
- Lanzhou University, China
- Sprott Shaw College, Canada
- University of Arkansas, USA
- Fermi Research Lab, USA
- Sichuan University, China
- University Alliance of Belt and Road, HUC members
- British Colombia Institute of Technology, Canada
- Kabul University, Afghanistan
- Eshraq University, Afghanistan
- University of La Vevne, Canada
- Samara National Research University, Russia
- Inha University, South Korea
- IIB- INTECH, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Environment and Forest Research, Ethiopia
- Hainan University, China
- Yunan Agricultural University, China
- Leshan Normal University, China
- Xihua University, China
- Yunan University, China
- University of La Vevne, USA
- University of Chittagong, South Africa
- Agriculture and Forestory University, Nepal
- Rana University, Nepal
- Hainan Tropical Ocean University, Afghanistan
- Yunnan Minzu University, China
- Cranfield University, China
- Jimma University, UK
- Hawassa University, Ethiopia
- Wolkite University, Ethiopia
- Zion College, Ethiopia
- Wondo Genet, Ethiopia
- Wolaita Sodo University, Ethiopia
- University of Naples, Ethiopia
- University of Chittagong, Bangladesh
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Music Club: Raagrang: This is a music Club of the Institute that encourages music lovers. It is a platform to encourage participation from the student community.
- Theatre Club: Dramebaaz: This is an official dramatics club of the University. This Club is for the theatre lovers and nukkad enthusiasts. It also believes drama is fun.
- Entrepreneurship Club: Samarthya: This club promotes entrepreneurship provides incubation and funding through a venture capitalist to the budding entrepreneurship.
- Painting Club: Satrangi Strokes: It is the Painting Club of the institution which provides a platform to the artists to showcase their art and creativity.
- Photography Club: Shutterbug: This is the photography club for the students who are passionate photographers.
- Dance Club: Saksham: This Club provides a platform for the students who are dance enthusiasts. It also conducts various events and dance performances on a regular basis.
- Adventure Club: Hiking and Trekking Club: This Club is responsible to conduct various activities and events like trekking, hiking, etc.
- Cooking Club: Baawle Bawarchi: This Club is for the students who are interested in cooking and wants to show their talent in culinary activities.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC): NCC inculcates a sense of patriotism and national pride and also promotes all round personality development in the students.
This College is accredited by NAAC B++ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 15 Dec 2021 and the score is 2.92 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Solan Admission Process:
Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Solan offers admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated and doctoral courses. Admission to some courses will be done through the All India Entrance Examination or State Level Entrance Examination while for some courses admission will be done on the basis of the University Level Entrance Test. The detailed admission process is given below:
For Undergraduate Courses (BE/B.Tech/B.Sc (Hons)/B.Pharma/B.A (Hons)/BA/BBA/B.Com (Hons)/B.Sc/LLB):
- For BE/B.Tech, candidates should qualify JEE Main/ HP CET entrance tests.
- Admission will be done on the merit list of JEE Main/ HP CET and the remaining vacant seats will be filled on the merit of 10+2 with at least 50% marks.
- For BBA, candidates have to qualify the entrance test conducted by Shoolini University.
- For LLB, admission will be done on the basis of the central or state level entrance test.
- For B.Pharmacy, candidates should qualify HPCET or any other equivalent entrance test followed by personal interview.
- For B.Sc (Hons),BA (Hons),BA,B.Sc, B.Com (Hons), admission will be done on the basis of merit in qualifying examination.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Sc/ME/M.Tech/M.Phil/M.Pharma/PGD/Executive MBA/MA/MBA):
- For ME/M.Tech, candidates should qualify the GATE/HPCET exam.
- Eligible candidates have to fill an application form for admission to the University.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for the personal interview process.
- For MBA, candidates should qualify HPCMAT conducted by HP
University, AICTE CMAT, GMAT, CAT, MAT.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for group discussion followed by personal interview.
- For Executive MBA, admission of the candidates will be based on the marks scored in HPCMAT conducted by HP University, AICTE CMAT, GMAT, CAT, MAT.
- For PGD, admission of the candidates will be based on the marks scored in HPCMAT conducted by HP University, AICTE CMAT, GMAT, CAT, MAT.
- If seats remain vacant then admission will be done on the merit of bachelor degree with at least 50% marks.
- For M.Pharmacy, candidates should qualify GPAT/HPCET or any other recognised entrance test.
- Selected candidates have to appear for a personal interview at the University.
- For M.Phil, candidates should qualify the entrance test conducted by Shoolini University followed by personal interviews.
- JRF/NET/SET qualified candidates will be exempted from the entrance test.
- For MA, M.Sc, admission will be done on the basis of merit in qualifying examination.
For Integrated Courses (BA LLB):
- Admission will be done on the basis of the central or state level entrance test.
For Doctoral Courses (Ph.D):
- Candidates should qualify NET/SAT/JRF/M.Phil.
- For admission to Ph.D, candidates have to appear for the entrance test conducted by the Shoolini University followed by a personal interview.
- NET/GATE/JRF/SLET qualified candidates will be exempted from the entrance test.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Various facilities and infrastructure are provided by Shoolini University for the students and faculty such as library, indoor and outdoor sports, hostels, seminar hall, amphitheatre, guest house facility along with Wi-Fi, parking area, etc.
- Library: Library of the Institute contains various e books, national and international journals, CD's etc for the students and faculty.
- Sports: Several indoor and outdoor games are available for the students along with gym facility. Sports events and tournaments are also organised where students can participate.
- Hostel: The University has separate hostels for boys and girls with other facilities like mess, sports, guest room, medical assistance, etc are available for them.
- Seminar Hall: Shoolini University has seminar halls for meetings, discussions, guest lectures, conferences, etc.
- Amphitheatre: The University has an amphitheatre facility for the students and faculty for organising any events or functions or extra curricular activities.
- Guest house: Guest house is available at the University for the guests visiting the University for lectures, meetings or conferences, etc.
Great time spend.
My 2years experience was quite good.
xperience in Shoolini is amazing.Great exposure for students
Soulful place with unforgettable memories
Last Seen: 15 Apr' 20
Joined On: 15 Apr' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- M.Sc Food Science and Technology
Overall i liked being in shoolini university.
Last Seen: 09 Apr' 20
Joined On: 09 Apr' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Tech Biotechnology
Questions related to Shoolini University of Biotechnology and Management Sciences, Solan
is bsc biotech available in shoolini university
i hope you are well
shoolini university of biotechnology and management sciences , solan do offer B.tech biotechnology and B.S.c biotech hons.
hope this helps!
is there any entrance exam for taking admission in bsc agriculture in shoolini University
Shoolini university is UGC approved Government College situated in Himachal Pradesh. There is no entrance examination for taking admission in Bsc agriculture in this university. You just have to to fill up their application form from there official website. hope this will help you
Student Speak about Shoolini University Campus Life - Set up in 2009, Shool....
Campus hunting is perhaps one of the most tedious tasks for any student or ....
Shoolini University, located in Solan, Himachal Pradesh offers various unde....
NEW DELHI: The Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) released the ....
NEW DELHI: A three day E-seminar ‘EduWeb 2020’ was organised by....
NEW DELHI - P.K. Khosla, Vice Chancellor at Shoolini University has been ap....
NEW DELHI: The Microsoft Artificial Intelligence for Health Programme has a....
New Delhi: Shoolini University is currently accepting applications for admi....
Shoolini University has started the application process for the B.Tech admi....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 15 Dec 2021 ; CGPA : 2.92