B.M.S. College of Engineering (BMSCE), Bangalore was established by Late Sri. B. M. Sreenivasaiah in the year 1946. BMSCE is approved and recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). The College offers undergraduate (BE), postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA, MCA) and doctoral (Ph.D) courses in various areas. BMSCE is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
BMSCE is located at Bull Temple Road, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka. South End Circle Metro Station is 2.6 km away and Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna (Bengaluru) Railway Station is 5.2 km away from the Institute. Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is 39.7 km away from the College. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach BMS College of Engineering.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- BMSCE is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- BMSCE is also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
- DirectSubzi Pvt Limited
- Samsung R&D India-Bangalore pvt Ltd
- Udjan Energy pvt ltd
- CDD Society Bangalore
- Aum Infotech
- Stellapps Technologies
- Nokia India Pvt. Ltd.
- Ellipsonic Pte Ltd
- BMSHT, Aventyn
- TMI Systems
- Robert Bosch
- Nihon Communication Solutions Pvt Ltd.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This Cell encourages and nurtures a culture of entrepreneurship in the society by inviting different entrepreneurs and speakers to share their experiences.
- NCC: NCC encourages the cadets (boys and girls) to join the defense forces and to be the disciplined citizen of the country.
- NSS: It creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Aerospace Club:
- Photography Club: This is the photography club for the students who love to capture moments for memories with their photography skills and want to become a passionate photographers.
- Rotaract Club: This is a service club of the University for the students who are dedicated to community and international service.
- Mountaineering Club: This club is a forum for adventure enthusiasts, trekkers, climbers and armchair mountaineers to develop the spirit of adventure amongst them.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
This College is accredited by NAAC A++ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 27 Mar 2024 and the score is 3.83 .
Exams and Cutoffs
BMS College of Engineering offers admissions to various undergraduate (BE), postgraduate (M.Tech, MBA, MCA) and doctoral (Ph.D) courses in various areas. Admissions to BE courses are based on KCET, COMEDK examination while for M.Tech admissions will be based on GATE, PGCET examination. Detailed admission process to every courses are given below.
For Undergraduate Courses (BE):
- Candidates should qualify either of the entrance tests: Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)/Consortium Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK).
- The candidates have to fill an online application form on the website of BMSCE.
- Admission will be based on the marks scored in KCET/COMEDK examinations, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/MBA/MCA):
- For M.Tech, admission will be given to the candidates who have a valid GATE/ PGCET score.
- For MBA, admission will be given to the candidates who qualify any one of the entrance tests: KMAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ PGCET.
- For MCA, admission will be given to the candidates who qualify any one of the entrance tests: KMAT/ PGCET.
- The candidates have to fill an online application form on the website of BMSCE.
- Admission will be based on the marks scored in the entrance examinations, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Research Courses (Ph.D):
- Candidates have to fill an online registration form on the website of BMS College of Engineering.
- Admission will be given to the candidates based on letter of purpose, marks scored in 12th class, bachelor's examination and master's examination.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
BMSCE offers many different facilities to the students and faculty. There are hostel facilities for both boys and girls. There is a sports field where cricket and football may be played. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled. A health centre is also there to cater to medical emergencies. The library here is one of the best stocked within the region.
- Library: Library has a good collection of books, national and international journals, magazines for the students and faculty.
- Hostel: The College has separate hostels with separate dinning area for boys and girls. Internet facility is also available for them
- Sports: Different indoor and outdoor sports facilities like cricket, basketball, carom, chess, etc are available to the students.
- Counselling Centre: BMSCE provides counselling facility to the students in a confidential way for their social, emotional and psychological support apart from academics.
- Hospital: The College provides medical facility to the students and staff. Medical dispensary and an ambulance is available for any emergency.
Good till now.
Last Seen: 26 Jun' 20
Joined On: 30 May' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Overall, the campus life is good. Placement is good.
BMS, the coolest learning experience
Last Seen: 01 Jun' 17
Joined On: 01 Jun' 17
Education Interest: Select
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
Questions related to BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
if i am from different state ..can i get admission criteria n BMS college.???
Yes, you can get admission in BMCA. You will have to fulfill their basic ELigibility criteria and then you will have to get a rank under 800 in COMEDK
You should to have cleared/passed their Class 12 test or comparable with Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects, and any of Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Biology/Electronics/Computer
45% is mandatory in 12th Boards.
bmsce Bangalore Vs vit Vellore
Infrastructure facilities are considerable in both colleges with ac and wifi equipped classes. Faculties are also supportive in both. Coming to the placements, vit Vellore offers around 80-85% placements in the reputed companies like TCS, Wipro, Mahindra, Infosys, etc. And BMS college of Engineering offers around 70% placements in the companies like Nutanix, Atlassian, Goldman Sachs, Cisco, etc with the average package of 4-5 lakhs per annum (according to the reviews). Also, in bmsce, students of CS department get placed easily compared to other departments.
What is Kcet cut off in ECE and CSE at RVCE and BMSCE and PESIT
Cutoffs changes every Year as it is dependent upon various factors like: Difficulty of the paper, Number of Students appearing for the exam, Performance of the Students.
But in general if you consider previous cutoffs then for CSE the closing rank was around 800 for CSE(1G Category) , for ECE, 900.
BMS: For CSE, 1100 and for ECE, 1600.
You can checkout our link for more info: https://engineering.careers360.com/articles/kcet-cutoff
what is the admission process for lateral entry admission in bms college banglore
You also can get direct admission into BMSCE through control quota. All you want to do is to visit the
Admissions department of BMSCE and pay the requisite costs. The prices can variety from 3,50,000–
5,50,000 according to year depending at the branch which you choose.
Admission to II 12 months/III semester Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Technology (Lateral Entry) will
be open to the candidates who're holders of a degree or equal qualification as recognized by means of
University who have secured not much less than forty five percentage (45%) marks in the final year
examination (fifth and sixth).
Go through the link below for more information.
Follow the link below for more collage information
what is the total fees for b tech ece full 4 year course in rv bit and bmsce through comedk
For BMSCE- Rs 2.38 Lakhs for ECE course full 4 year
For RV-3.84 Lakhs for ECE full 4 year
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 27 Mar 2024 ; CGPA : 3.83