About University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad
University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad was established in the year 1929. The institute is also known as UCEOU Hyderabad. The institute is amongst the biggest and oldest Engineering Colleges of the State of Andhra Pradesh and is the 6th engineering institution that was established during the British India. University College of Engineering, Osmania University offers undergraduate programmes in Bachelor of Engineering and postgraduate programmes in Master of Engineering and Master of Computer Applications to the students.
UCEOU Hyderabad is located at Osmania University Main Road, Osmania University, Amberpet, Hyderabad in Telangana. Jamai Osmania Railway Station is around 3 km away from the institute. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is approximately 37 km and Barkatpura Bus Depot is around 3 km away from the institute. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditation and Collaboration:
- University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad is accredited by National Board of Accreditation
UCEOU Hyderabad has the following collaborations:
CipherCloud Pvt. Ltd.
Central Institute of Tool design (CITD), MSME, Govt. of India.
Astra Microwave Products Ltd, Hyderabad
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
Literary Club: The members are engaged in organising activities which helps in nurturing the intellectual talents of the students and encourages students to take part in the literary events of the college.
Photography: The Photography Club of UCEOU Hyderabad provides a platform for budding photographers to showcase their photography talent.
National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Cultural Club: This Club organises cultural programmes and functions for the students and encourages them to participate in it.
Science Club: The Science Club of CMS College has members interested in gaining scientific knowledge and promote interest in the field of science and helps in increasing the scientific knowledge amongst students.
Technology Club: The members of this Club work in order to learn and develop skills through exchange of relevant knowledge and be aware of the technological advancements.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
- Candidates have to register online, apply and appear for TS EAMCET conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) Kakinada.
- Further, based on the marks secured in TS EAMCET, candidates have to participate in the online counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in the entrance test, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to register online, apply and appear for ICET conducted by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE)
- Based on the marks secured in ICET, a merit list will be prepared.
- Further, based on the marks secured in ICET, candidates have to participate in the counselling process and seat allotment.
- Final admission will be based on the merit list, participation in the counselling process, seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for GATE.
- Candidates have to secure a valid rank in GATE.
- Admissions will be based on valid GATE score.
- Based on the GATE scores, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Final admission will be offered to the shortlisted candidates on the basis of the GATE score, document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Exams and Cutoffs
Last Seen: 08 Jun' 20
Joined On: 08 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
It's good place to study has clean and green environment
Last Seen: 06 Apr' 20
Joined On: 04 Sep' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BE Computer Science and Engineering
Great experience of learning new things in my life
Last Seen: 19 Feb' 17
Joined On: 19 Feb' 17
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
- BE Civil Engineering
It is really good. I loved it.
UCEOU Hyderabad has adequate infrastructure like a library which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc. The institute has 4 boys hostels and one girls hostel.
- Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
- Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Canteen: The college has a canteen that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
- Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Health Centre: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a Health Centre which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Questions related to University College of Engineering, Osmania University, Hyderabad
I got 1780 rank in pgcet ts in mechanical branch.. so according to my rank is there is any chances to get a seat in university? otherwise which clg should be allotted according to my rank?
Assuming it to be your general rank, getting a seat in top institutes through ts pgecet seems difficult as most of the seats are filled through gate.
From previous year cutoff you can get a seat in Mtech in machine design in JNTU, Kakinada with this rank in general category.
Cutoffs vary every year with respect to number of seats remaining after admitting gate candidates and number of students aiming for a particular branch with better ranks than yours.
All the best!
what rank should we get to get admission in jntu
The admissions to various courses in JNTU is based on entrance exams. The exams that get accepted are TS EAMCET / ECET for engineering and diploma courses. GATE/ ICET / PGECET / GPAT / SLET/ JRF for Masters and Phd programmes. The entering and closing ranks of each course varies from year to year.Also you haven't specified your category. For B tech courses a rank between 500-6000 is required for general category in TS-EAMCET. To know more about the details of the courses you can check the official website
To know the cutoff ranks based on TS-EAMCET check the article given below
All the best.
how many marks we should get in eamcet
In order to qualify the TS EAMCET examination, aspirants need to secure a minimum of 25% marks . It means that out of 160 marks , candidates are required to obtain 40 marks to qualify the exam . For securing seat in a good government university you have to try to get more marks.
Can a tspgecet candidate apply for Self Finance seat (i.e Embedded systems & VLSI) in OU and how its different from Regular seat?
Hello aspirant! Let me to inform you that the basic difference between the two types of seats is that in self financed seat government or UGC doesn't provide financial aid to students whereas in regular seats government or UGC provides financial aid to students under certain criteria. There are various courses in self financed and some in regular.
If the seats are vacant in any branch of jntu ouce of hyd may I have chances to get in 2couns rank 10123 I got mecs ece in 1 couns
First of all congratulations on getting a seat in ECE in MECS. MECS ECE is itself a very good branch to study in so do not get disheartened if you do not get your desired branch in JNTUH because it has very high cut off and is very difficult to get admission in. However hope for the best in the second round of counselling.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: