About Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore was established in the year 1986. The institute is also known as KITS. In the year 2000, KITS was granted an autonomous status and was declared Deemed-to-be University by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, New Delhi. It offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Degree programmes in various branches of Engineering, Food processing Biotechnology, and Agricultural Sciences.
KITS is located at Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore is located at Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu. Walayar Railway Station is around 44 km away from the institute. Coimbatore International Airport is approx 40 km away from the college. Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences is around 25 km away from Maruthamalai Bus Stand. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- KITS Coimbatore is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
KITS has the following collaborations:
- IBM Big Data Software Centre of Excellence
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Nature Club: The members of this Club makes continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connects with the society and communities at large.
- Rotaract Club: This is a Rotaract Club of the College that helps students in self-development and self-service through fellowship.
- Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organization serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
- Community Health Services: It creates social awareness about health and provides health services to the community.
- Journalism Club
- Astronomy Club: This club promotes amateur astronomy and provides lectures and talks by students, faculty and other renowned institutions.
- Music Club: This Club provides an opportunity for students to excel in the field of music and has a complete orchestra and audio equipment for music lovers.
- Ys Youth Club
- Leadership & Toast Master Club
- Food & Nutrition Club
- Photo & Video Club
- Bethesda Services
- Karunya Arts & Literary Association (Kala)
- Software And Networking Club
- Science And Faith Dialogue Club
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Highlights
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 8.74 Lakhs
- Seats: 300 Seats
- Total Fees: 8.74 Lakhs
- Seats: 240 Seats
- Total Fees: 7.24 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Total Fees: 7.24 Lakhs
- Seats: 120 Seats
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Admissions 2021
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral Degree programmes in various branches of Engineering, Food processing Biotechnology, and Agricultural Sciences to the students. Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences offers merit-based admission to all undergraduate and postgraduate courses except B.TECH./B.Sc. Admission to B.TECH./B.Sc. Agriculture is offered on the basis of Karunya Entrance Examination conducted by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore. Admission to research programmes is based on written test followed by an interview. The detailed admission procedure of all the courses offered by KITS Coimbatore are given below:
Admission to all undergraduate and postgraduate courses except B.TECH./B.Sc. Agriculture
- Aspirants have to apply online on the website of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying examination and candidates will be shortlisted accordingly.
- Shortlisted candidates will move to the last stage of the admission process that is fee payment and verification of documents.
- Final admission will be offered to shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam, institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Candidates have to appear and qualify Karunya Entrance Examination conducted by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Candidates qualifying the examination will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will proceed to the last stage of the admission process that is institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Eligible applicants have to apply online on the website of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore.
- Aspirants need to qualify written test conducted by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences and the test will be in 2 parts, the first on will be on general aptitude and Part 2 will be technical aptitude for research and it will be department specific.
- Based on the rank secured in the written tests, candidates will be called for personal interview and based on the performance in the interview, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will make a move to the final stage of admission that comprises institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of rank secured in the written test and performance in the interview.
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Placements
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Exams and Cutoffs
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Student Reviews
My experience is very good and i learned alot .
Last Seen: 17 Oct' 20
Joined On: 17 Oct' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Biotechnology
All about my collage..
I had been in this college for not even one year so thats
Last Seen: 27 May' 20
Joined On: 27 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- B.Com LLB Integrated
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Facilities
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Laboratories: KITS Coimbatore laboratories with modern amenities and has the latest and modern equipment for the students.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
Canteen: Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore has a canteen that provides hygienic food to the students at a subsidised rate.
Guest House: The institution has a guest house in order to provide accommodation to the visitors and guests.
Hospital: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students, staff and faculty, the institute has a hospital with full-time doctors.
Photocopy Centre: Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore has a photocopy centre in order to fulfil the photocopy requirements of the students and faculty.
This College is accredited by NAAC B (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 24 May 2021 and the score is 2.91 .
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Gallery
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Questions related to Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore
how much fees for LLB course? will you answer?
The course fees for LLB courses vary in different universities around the country. The charges increase with accommodation facilities, transportation, food, etc. On an average, the tuition fees range from INR 22,000-2,00,000 per annum depending on the college you wish to apply in.
To know more details, check the respective college brochure to get detailed idea.
Hope this helps you.
im planning to join btech in food process and technology, i would like to know abt the placements of this course and what about the strength (no of students on average) in this course n also i would like to know abt the students in this course are they from the same city or outside??,kindly do respn
Depends on where you are joining. As far as I know best Institutes for Food Technology include IIT Kharagpur, NIT Rourkela, GB Pant and a couple more.
As far as Core placements are concerned they might be dearth, but that doesnt mean there are no opportunities. As far as IIT KGP and GB Pant are concerned, companies like Mondelez, Nestle and Aditya Birla Group are regular recruiters. Apart from these there are numerous FMCGs which line up for taking Agricultural , Dairy and Food Process Engineers. Most of the Placements are in either of Delhi NCR, Punjab, Haryana Region or to the West in Gujrat and Maharashtra.
You can also pursue a PGP-FABM from IIM Ahmedabad or an MBA from IRMA Ahmedabad after Btech in Food Technology.
There are Excellent Placements and secondly the chances of securing a seat in these 2 courses are comparatively better for one having a background in Food Technology.
Australia and New Zealand provide excellent opportunities for Food Engineers and Food Quality Managers and one can even plan a Masters in Food Process or Agriculture Management post Bachelors.
Besides this one can always shift sectors to Non Core and IT or Consultancy, while pursuing Btech. Perhaps Food Process and Agricultural Engineers are born Consultants and Business Managers, as they have several components of Economics and Rural Innovation Management in their respective courses.
Secondly, an Agricultural and Food Process Engineer always has the flexibility to change streams and pursue Masters in Chemical Process Engineering ,Engineering Science, Renewable Energy, Sustainability and Environment Engineering or Bioengineering and Biotechnology as and when desired apart from Food and Dairy Technology.
For more information on College Prediction do follow the link given below
is hostel fee is separate from tuition fee
The Hostel fees are always separate from the tuition fess. Hostel contains mess,room etc facilities while Tuition fees contains your academics study fees leaving this gymkhana,extracurricular activities ,library etc have different fees and combining all the fee structure is given.
You can check this link below for detailed information of Karunya institute of technology and science.
tnea cutoff for karunya university for branch btech it
cut off for Btech candidate must pass in (10+2) institute with 50 percent marks aggregate in All subject like physics, chemistry, Mathematics. candidate must pass 10+2 in first attempt .
I hope this will help you.
Karunya university btech it cutoff
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Related Articles
Karunya University has announced the availability of the M.Tech 2016 Appl....
Institute: Karunya UniversityProgrammes:1. M.Tech. ( Master of Technology):....
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Latest News
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, Coimbatore Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 24 May 2021 ; CGPA : 2.91