Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)
SAARC Students -
- US$ 440 per semester (US$ 880 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 500 per semester (US$ 1000 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 4500 per semester (US$ 9000 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 5100 per semester (US$ 10200 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
Security Deposit (Refundable)*-
- SAARC Students - US$ 100
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100
Students' Aid Fund (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Non-SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Hostel Fee is US $ 60 per academic semester for students from the SAARC region.
- Mess charges will be extra and are likely to range between US$ 50 to 75 per month.
- All admitted students are covered under the Medical Group Insurance Scheme up to INR 1,50,000 for which full premium is paid by the University.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
The Department of Mathematics offers a 2-year M. Sc. in Applied Mathematics as well as a PhD in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics. In M.Sc. Applied Mathematics students have to study core topics in Algebra and Analysis. We reinforce them in applications by concentrating on Analytical and Computational methods for Differential and Integral Equations, Numerical Analysis, Graph Theory and Networks, Optimization, Probability and Statistics, Topology, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Financial Derivatives and Modelling. The Department has its own state of the art Computational Laboratory that ensures high quality of research work. The laboratory based courses train students in application oriented practical subjects. Students are exposed to advanced research topics through electives and a mandatory one year project. Regular visits by academicians from India and abroad to the Department ensures a collaborative research environment.
Admission is based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the university.
A candidate must have 12 years of schooling + a 3/4 year Bachelor's degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two years from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade.