Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)
SAARC Students -
- US$ 440 per semester (US$ 880 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 500 per semester (US$ 1000 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 4500 per semester (US$ 9000 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 5100 per semester (US$ 10200 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
Security Deposit (Refundable)*-
- SAARC Students - US$ 100
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100
Students' Aid Fund (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Non-SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Hostel Fee is US $ 60 per academic semester for students from the SAARC region.
- Mess charges will be extra and are likely to range between US$ 50 to 75 per month.
- All admitted students are covered under the Medical Group Insurance Scheme up to INR 1,50,000 for which full premium is paid by the University.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
The Faculty of Life Sciences and Biotechnology offers a two-year (four semester) academic programme in MSc Biotechnology. The endeavor of the Faculty is to teach the latest concepts and research technologies and prepare students for careers in research and teaching in modern biology and biotechnology. The areas covered include Biochemistry, Cell biology, Molecular biology, Microbiology, Biostatistics, Genetic engineering, Immunology, Plant molecular biology, Environmental biotechnology, Fermentation technology, Bioinformatics, Protein engineering, Neurosciences, Cancer biology, Virology, Biochemical engineering, Structural biology, and Tissue engineering.
Admission is based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the university.
A candidate must have 12 years of schooling + a 3 year Bachelors degree (BSc, B.Pharm, BVSc, B.E., B.Tech, MBBS, etc.) in any area of Biological Sciences / Chemistry / Agriculture and allied sciences; Veterinary and allied sciences / Biotechnology / Biochemical Technology from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade. Students who have not studied Biology at the Bachelor’s level must have studied and passed in Biology as a subject at the 10+2 (12th class) level. Candidates who have a 4 year Bachelors degree or 3 year Bachelor’s degree and have cleared the first year of the Master’s programme are also eligible.