Tuition Fee (Non-Refundable)
SAARC Students -
- US$ 440 per semester (US$ 880 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 500 per semester (US$ 1000 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 4500 per semester (US$ 9000 per year) for day scholars, payable in July & January each year.
- US$ 5100 per semester (US$ 10200 per year) for boarders, payable in July & January each year.
Admission Fee (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100 (payable only once at the time of entering SAU).
Security Deposit (Refundable)*-
- SAARC Students - US$ 100
- Non-SAARC Students - US$ 100
Students' Aid Fund (Non-Refundable)
- SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Non-SAARC Students - INR 50 per semester
- Hostel Fee is US $ 60 per academic semester for students from the SAARC region.
- Mess charges will be extra and are likely to range between US$ 50 to 75 per month.
- All admitted students are covered under the Medical Group Insurance Scheme up to INR 1,50,000 for which full premium is paid by the University.
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
M.Sc. (Computer Science) is a two year (four semester) full time Master's degree programme offered by the Department of Computer Science, comprising courses in different areas of Computer Science. The objective of this programme is to prepare skilled and capable professionals with a strong conceptual and practical background in Computer Science. The department follows a unique up-to-date curriculum with the aim of equipping students with strong analytical and technical skills as well as thorough knowledge of and expertise in the latest state-of-the art techniques in Computer Science so that they can work competently in diverse areas including teaching and research and development. Besides having a good mix of theoretical and lab-oriented computer courses, the M.Sc. (Computer Science) programme has a dissertation component which provides an opportunity to students to work on research problems under the close supervision of faculty members so that they are equipped to work in R&D institutions, industry or pursue a career in research in academia if they so desire.
Admission is based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the university.
12 years of schooling + a 3 or 4 year Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a relevant area* with mathematics as a subject either at the Bachelor’s level or at the 10+2 (12th class) level from an institution recognized by the government of any of the SAARC countries, with a minimum of 55% marks in the aggregate or an equivalent grade. Candidates who have a 2-year Bachelor's degree and have cleared the first year of the Master's programme are also eligible.