- Key features of academic writing
- Organising your ideas effectively
- Developing essay ideas
- University of Reading, Reading
- A Beginners Guide to Writing in English for University Study
A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study
Learn to write an elementary, academic essay with ‘A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study’ certification.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 3 Hours Per Week
A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study training is a 5 weeks long online course that is offered by FutureLearn in collaboration with the University of Reading. This course will help students understand and get a grip on the fundamentals of academic writing. The learning will allow the students to grow their English skills. The most interesting part of this course is that candidates who enrol can stud, and learn at their own pace.
Academic writing is very different from other different forms of writing. So this course has been developed to address this need. A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study certification syllabus covers topics like features of academic writing, essay structure and organisation by using the academic style of language, steps of writing an essay, responding to feedback on the 1st draft of an essay, and more. All the candidates will become proficient in writing an essay of their own, by keeping in mind the tonality, and grammar of the essay.
- Fully online course
- 5 weeks course
- A weekly study for 3 hours
- Self-Paced learning
- Certification Initiative by Future Learn
- Online course
- 4 weeks course
- Self learning
- Unlimited course access
- Weekly classes
- Certificate of completion by futurelearn
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
A candidate can join the course for free, and get access to the learning materials for a period of 7 weeks without any certification fees. Or a candidate can choose to pay $64 as A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study certification fee to get access to the course till its existence, and a digital certificate of completion. The candidates also opt for the unlimited version of this course where they have to pay $279.99 for a year, This version has many benefits like access to this, and some other short free course till their existence, assignment & tests, a printable certificate of achievement, and complete the courses with their own pace within a year.
A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study Fee Structure
A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study, Upgrade
A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
This course is suitable for candidates who are non-English speakers, who have studied a little English, and their native-speaking language is not English. The course will guide learners through the different aspects of writing a popper essay without any grammatical errors. Basically, this course will enhance their current knowledge of the English language.
The candidates who are applying to the course can belong to any educational background.
All the interested candidates must have a valid score of 4.5 level in IELTS.
There is no requirement for any work experience for the A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study program.
Certification Qualifying Details
All candidates must at least complete 90% of the steps provided in the course and do the assessments to earn a valid certificate of completion.
What you will learn
There are many things that a candidate can do after learning the A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study certification which is explained below:
- Candidates will be able to compare the aspect of life now in the current scenario with the one in the past, and one aspect of their aspect by writing one paragraph without any grammatical errors.
- The students will be able to write the first-cut draft of their essays and receive feedback.
- The candidates become capable of understanding their feedback and improve accordingly on their essays.
For admission to the A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study candidates can see the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Candidates have to visit the course’s official website: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/english-for-study.
Step 2: Then they must scroll, and then click the ‘Register’ button on the right-hand side of the page.
Step 3: Candidates can either use their personal Facebook and Google credentials register using some other required information.
Step 4: When they are done with the signup, they can sign in, and pay the requisite fee.
Step 5: Finally when all the steps are completed, the candidates will be confirmed with their admission.
Filling the form
For A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study, the candidates need not fill any application form. They can just create a new account with their credentials on FutureLearn and then pay the fees if required to get admitted to the course.
- Choosing a title
- Essay structure and organisation
- Writing in an impersonal style
- Using academic language
- Writing about groups of people
- Writing longer sentences: linking words and subordinators
- Writing about facts and activities
- The stages of writing an essay
- Deciding what evidence to use
- Analysing an essay title
- Writing a first draft of an essay
- Evaluating a first draft of an essay
- Reflecting on feedback on your first draft of the essay
- Responding to feedback on your first draft of the essay
How it helps
A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study certification benefits are as follows:
- Candidates can learn the various skills that are required for basic English writing.
- The students will attain special proficiency in ‘academic’ grammar, and be proficient in writing essays.
- Learners can use social learning, and exchange ideas with their faculty and peers so that a proper networking community can be built.
- FutureLearn provides candidates access to a progress page that motivates the students on how well they are learning the course.
- The faculty is renowned, so the education that candidates receive is of the highest quality.
The University of Reading has developed this course, and they are known for their excellence in the field of teaching, enterprise, and research.
The duration of this course is only 5 weeks.
The course content is broken into weeks, steps, and activities that students can learn at their own pace.
The classes for the ‘A Beginner's Guide to Writing in English for University Study’ online course is held every week for a period of 3 hours only.
Once all the course requirements have been completed by the students, they will be granted the PDF version of the digital completion certificate.