- Welcome to Begin Robotics
- Robots an introduction and a brief history
- Robot applications
- Robot simulations
- Review and reflect
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 3 Hours Per Week
Belonging to the IT, and Computer Science field, this Begin Robotics certification is a mini-course offered together by the University of Reading, and FutureLearn. Robots are everywhere, even on Mars, and even present in our entertainment films. The great Stephen Hawkings had also predicted that robots will be a threat to human beings in the coming times. So this introductory course is here to explain all about robots and their different forms.
Begin Robotics certification syllabus is here to explain the robotic history, its evolution, and how these exciting machines can be put to work by humans in their daily walks of life. Not only this the candidates get to explore the modernized application of Robotics and human relationships with them.
Begin Robotics training will help to find the basics of robot design, and bring the candidates a step closer to how Hawking’s brain worked in cybernetics. The University of Reading is a reputed organization in research so one can even do a robotic test drive to enhance their practical knowledge with this IT course.
- Course on robotics
- 1-month programme
- 3 hours of study weekly
- Certification by FutureLearn
- The online experience of learning
- 4 weeks course
- Online course
- 3 hours weekly sessions
- Certificate of completion
- Progress mapping
- Global classroom
- Self paced course
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- When the candidates pay a minimum of $74 as the Begin Robotics certification fee, they get a certificate, and course access for the time it is present on FutureLearn.
- When the candidates pay an increased amount of $279.99, they get other benefits along with those mentioned above like other course access for life, unlimited assessments to test their knowledge, and also a time of 1 year to finish this course off.
- Now if the students are just satisfied with their learning, and do not need any certificates, then they must just sign up, log in, and complete learning within 7 weeks.
Begin Robotics Fee Structure
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
If robotics, their history, design is something that excites any individual then this Begin Robotics programme is something that definitely needs to be pursued by them. There is no such need of owning a robot to be a part of this course. If the individuals are allergic to flickering lights then they should avoid this course as the video modules contain such lights.
No particular educational criteria are required for the Begin Robotics certification by FutureLearn.
Any steady work experience is also not a requisite for this robotics programme.
Certification Qualifying Details
To receive professional certification, candidates will have to prove they are competent by viewing all the course modules and getting done with assessments.
What you will learn
This course once finished will guide the candidates in the following ways:
- There are different robotic forms and even different ways they can be applied, and the candidates will be able to describe them properly.
- By using sensory information candidates will learn how robots can accomplish tasks after they are allowed correct commands.
- Candidates will also learn to appreciate the different uses of robotics in varied situations.
Participants can consider the admission procedure explained in the steps down below:
Step 1: The official website visit can be the candidates’ first step into admission.
Step 2: The button ‘Email me when I can join’ clicking will load the registration page.
Step 3: This registration page has a button ‘Register’ which has to be clicked if students are new on FutureLearn.
Step 4: The registration will only be completed if candidates fill the new registration form correctly.
Step 5: After the above step has been completed, candidates are a part of FutureLearn’s community.
Filling the form
For this short course, only a registration form has to be filled in online with some very elementary personal information. There is no mandatory application form that one will get on FutureLearn’s website. The registration form ensures that the candidates have been successfully signed up for the course. To be registered candidates can try out Facebook or Gmail to make it more secure.
Week 1: Introduction to Robotics
Week 2: Robot anatomy
- Welcome to Week 2
- Sensors and Actuators
- Moving a robot
- Week 2 simulations
- Anatomy of the robots at the University of Reading
- Review and reflect
Week 3: Cybernetics and control
- Welcome to week 3
- Feedback and interaction with robots at the University of Reading
- Haptic technology
- Week 3 simulations
- Review and reflect
Week 4: Robot behaviours
- Welcome to week 4
- Living systems
- Lights and Robot Behaviour
- Robot-to-robot interaction
- Instinct and learning
- Time to Reflect
How it helps
The Begin Robotics certification benefits are:
- This course will suffice the interest of people in the subject of robotics even in their free time.
- Candidates can learn in their own free will as this is not an instructor-led course.
- The course has a progress page that has been specifically designed by FutureLearn which enables the participants to keep a note of their assessments, completion of steps.
- No matter whatever the candidate’s pace of learning is, if they have chosen the unlimited course, then they have a chance to complete it slowly within a year.
The University of Reading is behind the delivery of course content.
The course is not appropriate for people with photosensitive epilepsy.
The educational programme is sliced up into 4 weekly modules.
The students are informed of the Begin Robotics certification course dates through email communication.
63,000 people are a part of this educational programme.