- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
- Offered by: Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
Doctor of Philosophy in Chemical Engineering doctorate program offered by Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
This course duration varies from 2 to 10 years, the student has to finish between this timeline to obtain the Ph.D. degree.
CATEGORIES OF PH.D. STUDENTS: The University admits students for Ph. D. programme under the following categories:
- REGULAR (FULL-TIME): This category refers to the candidates who work full time for their Ph.D. and may receive fellowship/assistantship from the University as per its policy or fellowship from CSIR/UGC or any other recognized funding agency or maybe self-financed.
- SPONSORED STUDENTS (FULL-TIME): A candidate in the category is sponsored by a recognized R&D organization, national institute, academic institution, govt. organization or industry for doing research in PDPU on a full-time basis. He is required to have at least two years of working experience in the respective field. He will not receive any financial support from the University. Sponsorship letter (Form-I) should be attached with the application.
- PROJECT STAFF (PART-TIME): This category refers to the candidates who are working on sponsored projects in any School of the University and admitted to the Ph.D. programme. The duration of the project at the time of admission should be at least 2 years.
- LOCALLY & PROFESSIONALLY EMPLOYED PERSONNEL (PART-TIME): This category refers to the candidates who are locally and professionally employed personnel. These candidates should be able to meet supervisor(s) regularly in the University for the guidance on their research work. The applicant must be a regular employee of a recognized R&D organization, national institute, academic institution, government organization or industry at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the discipline in which admission is sought. No financial assistance will be provided by the University to such students. “No Objection” Certificate from the Head of the Institute/Organization in which he is employed (Form-II) must be enclosed at the time of application.
- SPONSORED STUDENTS (EXTERNAL REGISTRATION)(PART-TIME): This category refers to candidates employed in R&D organizations related to Science, Technology, & Engineering having adequate research facilities. The research work leading to the Ph.D. degree may be carried out largely in the parent organization of the candidate under a Local Supervisor from the organization but with the overall guidance and advice provided by a faculty member of the University (School Supervisor) under whom he is registered. The appointment of the Local Supervisor is to be reported to the Director General of the University through the Director of the concerned School of the University for final approval. Sponsorship certificate from the Head of the organization where the candidate is employed. (Form III) is required to be enclosed at the time of application. No financial assistance from the University will be provided to such students.
- Written Aptitude Test shall consist of 50% weightage on research methodology and 50% weightage on subject-specific questions. As a part of this, the question paper on Research Methodology will be of 50 marks, each question will carry one mark. Subject wise Entrance Test will be conducted, which consists of 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark. Entrance test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%, and only such candidates will be eligible to appear at the PI-personal interview/viva-voce.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the Entrance Test as mentioned above will be required to appear for PI wherein the candidates have to discuss their research interest/ area through a presentation before a duly constituted Committee. The Parshall consider the following aspects, viz.:
a) Research objectives, Literature Survey, Methodology, Expected results, List of papers referred, & also industry tie up if any.
b) Research Methodology aspects for preparing Doctoral Proposal.
c) The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research.
d) Whether the research work can be suitably undertaken at the University.
e) Contribution to new/additional knowledge out of the proposed research.
f) Competence for the proposed research.
Admission merit list for the eligible candidates who qualified in the written test and appeared in PI will be based on 50% of Personal Interview (PI) score, and 50% of the Entrance Test score.
- A student seeking an admission to Ph.D. Programme of the University is required to have minimum educational qualification as mentioned hereunder. Each of the Master Degrees referred to therein is to be on the basis of a minimum two-year programme.
- M. Tech. /M. E. or its equivalent as recognized by UGC /AICTE in the appropriate area.