- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
Food Science and technology is a global endeavor, with the international exchange of information leading to the development of new food knowledge, processes, and products. The emergence of new pathogens, environmental changes and the developments of modern biotechnology offer both threats and opportunities to world food production. The globalization of food has impacted lifestyle in most parts of the world both positively and negatively. The study of food science and technology aims to develop internationally minded people whose enhanced understanding of food science and technology can facilitate the development of creative and appropriate solutions.
Aim and Objectives:
- It provides structured processes for food production based on well-established scientific principles.
- Explores possibilities and constraints to find solutions to problems or opportunities, and carry out in-depth investigations of these to establish clear parameters for development.
- It requires imagination and creativity together with substantial factual, procedural and conceptual knowledge, to develop new food products and processes.
- Has a human-centered approach and focuses on meeting individual and society’s needs and or wants.
- Identifies the nutritional properties of food materials with regard to health and dietary issues.
- Involves collaborative endeavors requiring diverse teams of experts, such as microbiologists, engineers, packaging specialists, and buyers.
- Involves an understanding of safety and hygiene principles and practices.
Criteria for Preparation of Merit list:
- Merit in MRNAT
- Marks in Qualifying Exam
A candidate must have Pass in 10+2 Examination / Equivalent Examination with at least 50 % marks in aggregate in 5 subjects (Science stream-English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and any other one) from any recognized board.