- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is a four-year full-time undergraduate program recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and offered by Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela.
Admission into B.Tech courses of the Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela, Odisha shall be based on criteria decided by the academic council of the University. The University (BPUT) and the examination conducting authority Joint Entrance Examination shall adopt the eligibility criteria as specified by AICTE. The student should at least have qualified in JEE-Main(For Fresher Entry).
The candidate should have passed 10+2 examination of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the subjects from Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology/ Electronics / Computer Science / Information Technology/ Geology / Statics. The candidate should have passed individual subject and must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to the SC/ST category) in the above subjects taken together.
- The candidate should have passed, in diploma examination in Engineering from State Council of Technical Education and Training (SCTE&VT), Odisha, or equivalent with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST category) in the appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology. The candidate must be a native of Odisha. The results of the final diploma examination must be available on the date of document verification. Candidates, whose results are not available on the day of document verification, will not be allowed to participate in the counseling process. There is no reservation of seats in various categories in lateral entry to degree Engineering/Technology (B.Tech) courses
Lateral Entry for B. Sc./ +3 Sc. students :
- The candidate should have passed, for the Bachelor's Degree examination of three years duration in Science from any University of Odisha or equivalent from a recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to ST/SC category) and must have passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject.
- Candidates having B. Sc. or +3 Sc. with mathematics in class XII as a subject are eligible to be admitted to any discipline of engineering as per the availability of seats.
- The students belonging to B. Sc / +3 Sc. streams shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in the lateral entry category with students belonging to the Diploma stream.
- Students who have passed B.Sc / +3 Sc degree from a recognized University as defined by UGC shall also be eligible for admission to the first-year engineering degree courses subject to vacancies in the first-year class in case the vacancies at the lateral entry are exhausted. The admission shall be based strictly on the eligibility criteria mentioned above and after filling the vacant seats of the first-year engineering degree courses by the lateral entry engineering applicants belonging to the Diploma stream.