About IGIT Sarang
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women was established by Directorate of Training and Technical Education, Govt of N.C.T of Delhi in the year 1998. The university is also known as IGDTUW. Earlier the university was known as Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology and later on in the year 2013, the name was upgraded to Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women. The university is the first women engineering college in the state. IGDTUW is a constituent college of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. Applied Sciences & Humanities, Computer Science & Engineering Electronics & Communication Engineering, Information Technology, Architecture and Planning Mechanical & Automation Engineering are the departments of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women that offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students.
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women is located at James Church, New Church Road, Opposite St, Kashmere Gate in New Delhi. Delhi Junction Railway Station is around 3 km away from the college. Kashmere Gate Metro Station is approx 1 km away from IGDTW. Indira Gandhi International Airport is around 30 km away and BBM Depot is approx 7 km away from Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach there.
Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women has the following collaborations:
- Arm University Program Education Kits
- NASSCOM FOUNDATION
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Antargat- Creative Society: This Society has students who explore the creative world and showcase their creative talent.
- Technoliterati-The Literary Society: This Society of the institution that has members who have a mixture of both, technology as well as creativity.
- The Economics Society: This Society of IGDTUW has students interested in the field of economics and through its events, it expands the horizon of the students in this field.
- Taarangana - The Cultural Society: This Club of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women organises various cultural events, programmes and seminars for the students.
- Tarannum: This is the Music Society of the college that provides a platform to the students to showcase their musical talent.
- ZENA - Fashion Society: The Fashion Society of the college has students interested in the fashion industry and they participate in various fashion shows.
- Synergy Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
- RAHNUMA-Dramatics Society: This Society has performers who perform street plays, stage shows, etc for the students.
- INSTINCT: The Peer Educator’s and Life Skills society: This Society of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women encourages students to bring out their own individuality and focus on their enhancement of skills.
- B.H.A.V (Behold an Architect's View)- The Role Play Society of IGDTUW: This Society of IGTUW that works for the betterment of the society and through their creative thinking tries to provide solutions to the social issues.
- Green sphere, The Eco club: The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
- Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
- Robolution: The club of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women pervades knowledge of robotics among the students and conducts workshops for the students.
- Lean In: This Club of IGTUW is for women empowerment and provides support to women to achieve their goals.
IGIT Sarang Highlights
IGIT Sarang Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
IGIT Sarang Admissions 2021
Applied Sciences & Humanities, Computer Science & Engineering Electronics & Communication Engineering Information Technology, Architecture and Planning Mechanical & Automation Engineering are the departments of Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women that offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students. For B.Tech and B.Arch, the scores of JEE Main are accepted followed by university-level counselling process whereas GATE scores are accepted for M.Tech by IGDTUW. MCA is offered through the Common Entrance Test conducted by Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women. Further, the aspiring candidates have to participate in the university level counselling process. For MBA, IGDTUW accepts CAT scores and the performance in GD and PI is considered. Ph.D is offered through a Written Test or Research Aptitude Test (RAT) followed by an interview. Merit-based admission is offered by Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women for BBA and M.Plan courses. Participation in the counselling process is mandatory for all the courses. The detailed admission process of IGDTUW is given below.
IGIT Sarang Placements
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
IGIT Sarang Exams and Cutoffs
IGIT Sarang Student Reviews
Try once to live in this weird place you will never forget i
Last Seen: 03 Mar' 21
Joined On: 03 Mar' 21
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2023
Overall great experience in 4 years because of my best frien
Overall experience is good
Last Seen: 21 Aug' 20
Joined On: 17 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2020
- B.Tech Production Engineering
Very good experience, i am very lucky that i got a seat in c
IGIT Sarang Facilities
IGDTUW has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Convenience Store
- Alumni Associations
- Guest Room
IGIT Sarang Gallery
Questions related to IGIT Sarang
i have secured 81 percentile in jee mains can i get into igit saranga. in 2021
as per the previous years cutoff at IGIT Sarang, the chances for you to be able to secure a seat for yourself based on your secured percentile in JEE Mains is less. However, given below are some of the other colleges you are eligible to secure a seat at,
- A.C. Patil College of Engineering, Navi Mumbai
- Sinhgad Academy of Engineering, Pune
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Tezpur University, Tezpur
For further details kindly visit the link given below.
I scour 86.99 percentile in jee main 2021 .can I take admission in igit
depending on the cutoff for the previous years, the chances for you to secure a seat at IGIT based on your secured percentile is less. However given below are some of the colleges you can secure a seat at,
- Datta Meghe College of Engineering, Navi Mumbai
- Terna Engineering College, Navi Mumbai
- VIT Pune
- Amity University, Noida
- D.Y. Patil College of Engineering, Pune
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
Kindly note that the cutoff for each year differs, hence there might be variations to the above list. To know more on colleges as per your percentile kindly visit the link given below.
64 percentile can I get CSE in igit
Since you have not mentioned your category so considering it as general.
According to the mentioned percentile your rank is expected to be in the range of 368280 - 414000 , you can check out marks Vs ranks Vs Percentile from the link given below :-
You can also use JEE-Main Rank Predictor to predict your rank :-
So on such rank and category you have no chance to get any of the NITs/IIITs/CFTIs and also CSE in IGIT, Sarang, so I would recommend you to either go for state counselling for state GFTIs for branches other than CSE or for private colleges like :-
Shiv Nadar University
Or you can prepare for further attempts of JEE-Main and to help you in your preparation we have some resources which you can access from the link given below :-
You can check out previous year's cut-offs from the official website of JOSAA as given below :-
Note that the above prediction is made on the basis of latest cut-offs available on official website of JOSAA or CSAB and the cut-offs are bound to change every year depending upon various factors such as the number of candidates appearing in an examination, the number of candidates qualifying an examination, difficulty level of the paper, and so on.
To have a list of all those colleges which you can get based upon your marks, category, and state you can use JEE-Main College Predictor:-
You can also check out the JEE-Main 2021 qualifying cut-off (expected) for JEE-Advance 2021 from the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
i got 79.99 percentile in jee mains..i am female and a genral category student. can i get igit sarang btech in computer science ?
hello Sayoni sen
I hope you are doing good. I would like to tell you that at your percentile your estimated rank will be around 204702 . At this rank you holds very good chances of getting igit sarang in computer science stream with general category . I advise you to make other back ups also because cut off vary every year
For your references I am sharing the cut offs:
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||229193|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||1038034|
|Economically Weaker Section||229193|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||493977|
you can use JEE-Main College Predictor to predict your chances of admission in different engineering colleges of India :-
If you have any other doubt then you can always reach us to clear them :)
we are always available to help you out and guide you
what should i take CET bbsr Textile engineering or IGIT SARANG chemical?
It is suggested that instead of pursuing textile engineering in CET, Bhubaneswar, rather pursue chemical in IGIT, Sarang. See, this is because by pursuing chemical engineering, you can go to various types of industries such as pharmaceuticals, food processing, cement, iron & steel, fertilizers, petroleum, gas and many more. You will have a lot of opportunities being as an engineer or as a researcher, if you choose chemical. But on the other hand, in textile engineering, though there are opportunities, you cannot go to various industries, will just get up ended at one type of industry which is tiresome. It depends wholly on your interest in which branch you want to pursue in your career, else both the courses have opportunities and have good salary as well.
Hope, it helps you.
IGIT Sarang Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: