- This lesson will cover what A/B testing is and what it can be used for.
- How to decide whether the change is worth the launch cost.
- How to construct a binomial confidence interval for the results.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
A/B Testing Certification by Udacity will deal with the design and analysis of A/B tests that are also known as split tests. These online experiments are used to examine potential improvements that can be made to a website or mobile application. In this test, two versions of a website are shown to different users - usually the former being the existing website and the latter being a potential change. Then, the results are comparatively analysed to determine whether the change is worth implementing.
This is a much necessary aspect of web or app development and A/B Testing certification syllabus will cover how to choose and characterise metrics to evaluate experiments, how to analyse the results by drawing valid conclusions, how to design an experiment with enough statistical power and ultimately how to ensure that the participants of such experiments are adequately protected.
The course is offered by subject experts in a self-paced platform with interactive quizzes and projects so that learners with a tight schedule can take up the course easily and stay engaged. This online training programme is supported by Google which adds up to its credibility and quality of content being provided.
- Exposure to real-world projects
- Course developed in collaboration with Google
- One month of vigilant training
- Totally free learning course
- Classroom access
- Programme conducted by Google
- Course offered by Udacity
- Video content
- Online learning
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- A/B Testing Certification Course is free for all learners to pursue.
- The candidates are not required to make any A/B Testing fees.
A/B Testing Fees details
Amount in Rs.
Candidates willing to be a part of A/B Testing Certification training should have an introductory knowledge of inferential statistics and descriptive statistics.
Certification qualifying details
Candidates should be able to complete the entire programme successfully to get a certificate of completion for this programme.
What you will learn
A/B Testing Certification course trains its course participants over every nuance concerned with A/B Testing including the ethical aspects.
Learners will gain insight into the following areas:
- Candidates will learn about the ethicality of the experiments covered in the programme.
- They will gain mastery in understanding the four main ethics which will be required to follow while designing experiments.
- The candidates will learn to decide whether the change that is required in experiments is worth its launch cost or not.
- The participants will learn how to make sure the participants of the experiments are adequately protected.
- They will learn how they can construct a binomial confidence interval for the results.
- They will be able to understand the fundamentals of A/B Testing as well as learn about its uses.
- Characteristics to consider when validating metrics.
- Learning techniques for brainstorming metrics.
Candidates can register themselves for A/B Testing Certification Programme by following the steps that are given below:
Step 1: The participants have to visit the official webpage of the programme and select “Start Free Course.”
Step 2: Sign up/sign in via Facebook or Google accounts. If you are a new user, then you need to create an account by signing up.
Step 3: After successful login, candidates can immediately access the programme.
Overview of A/B Testing
Policy and ethics for experiments
- What questions you should be asking regarding the ethicality of experiments.
- How to make sure the participants of your experiments are adequately protected.
- The four main ethical principles to consider when designing experiments.
Choosing and Characterizing Metrics
- What to do when you can't measure directly.
- Learn techniques for brainstorming metrics.
- Characteristics to consider when validating metrics.
Designing an experiment
- How to choose which users will be in your experiment and control group.
- Design decisions affect the size of your experiment
- When to limit your experiment to a subset of your entire user base.
- How to analyze the results of your experiments.
- Check conclusions with multiple methods, including a binomial sign test.
- Run sanity checks to catch problems with the experiment setup.
How it helps
A/B testing or split testing is abundantly used by companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Netflix, eBay/Paypal and many others to decide which changes are worth launching on their platforms-no wonder why they are emerging as tech giants. Designing good A/B tests and drawing valid conclusions requires knowledge of this domain and can be difficult.
It is near to impossible to measure exactly what a developer would want to know so they must find good proxies. They also need sanity checks to make sure an experimental setup isn't flawed. A variety of statistical techniques should be deployed to make sure the results are not by chance but are genuine.
A/B Testing Certification online course will guide learners through this entire process. A/B Testing benefits are such that the learner will be ready to help small or large businesses make crucial decisions that could significantly affect their future as a website or app.
A/B Testing Certification training does not require prior experience with A/B Testing.
No, since the course is self-paced, it can be enrolled at any time and can be completed at one's own pace.
Once the learner registers for the course, he/she will be able to check the number of quizzes in each lesson.
A/B Testing Certification programme will be delivered by Carrie Grimes, Caroline Buckey and Diane Tang.
They can use the live chat option available on the course page. Candidates can check the timings from the website.
Subtitles are present in Chinese, Portuguese and English. To access the subtitles, candidates need to tap on the “cc” button in the video player and select their preferred language.
Advisors are not available in free courses like the present one.
Certification details can be confirmed by posting a query or reaching out to the support team.
By clicking the Help button on the left side of the “Classroom” tab and further clicking on “Ask a Mentor”, learners can post a question, the answer of which shall be notified to them over mail.
The progress can be tracked on the course dashboard.