- How to Send Feedback
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Google Cloud offers the intermediate-level Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform certification course. The course is for candidates interested in the study of security controls and techniques on the Google Cloud Platform. The course is a part of multiple programmes and is taught by top instructors in Coursera. Completing this course will help the candidates in learning two programmes with tangible career benefits: Google Cloud Security Professional Certificate and Security in Google Cloud Platform Specialisation.
The Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform online programme will help the participants understand and learn about the components of a secure GCP solution. It includes the GDP Resource Manager, Google Virtual Private Cloud firewalls, Cloud IAM, Cloud CDN, Google Cloud load balancing, Stackdriver, security keys, and customer-supplied encryption keys. The candidates will successfully learn mitigations for infrastructure along with phishing attacks, Distributed Denial-of-service attacks, and threats involving content classification and use.
Coursera’s Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course has five modules, each with module quizzes. It has multiple pre-recorded lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. The course takes approximately six hours to complete.
- Shareable Certificate by Coursera
- Online training
- Flexible Deadlines
- Self-paced learning
- Course delivery in English
- Financial aid available
- Intermediate-level course
- Tangible career benefits
- Module quizzes
- Online course
- Self paced learning
- Shareable certificate
- Pre recorded video lectures
- Exercises and practice tests
- Flexible deadlines
- Financial aid offered
Course and certificate fees
- You have to enrol in the Coursera Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform online training programme by making payment of the course fee.
- If you have applied for financial aid, you will get access to the complete course once the application is approved.
- This course also offers 7 days trial.
Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform
certificate providing authority
To get a certificate for the Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course, you must complete all the online video lectures and all the graded module quizzes and assignments that are at the end of each module. You will receive a certificate upon completion which you can share on your LinkedIn profile, your CVs and resumes.
What you will learn
After completing the Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course successfully, it will help you with the following:
- Gain eligibility for learning other programmes like – Google Cloud Professional Certificate and Security in Google Cloud Platform Specialisation.
- Get a broad idea about security controls and techniques on Google Cloud.
- Understand Google Cloud’s approach to security
- Acquire knowledge of the shared security responsibility model and the threats mitigated when a system is running on Google infrastructure in the Google cloud
- Gain an understanding of access transparency.
- Become familiar with Cloud Identity.
- Cloud Identity and access management.
- Understand VPC related security concepts.
- Learn the thorough application of the knowledge you have acquired.
To enrol for the Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform programme:
1. Visit the course page.
2. Select the “Enroll” option.
4. Create an account on Coursera. If you are already registered on Coursera, log in to your account and enrol for the course.
Filling the form
Candidates have to fill out their contact information in the form and pay the course fee to enrol in this course. You will, however, be able to access the syllabus and preview the first video before enrolment. Learners can avail of the seven-day free trial option as well.
Managing security in Google Cloud platform
GCP security foundations
- Module Overview
- Threats Mitigated by Google and Google Cloud
- VPC Network Security and Monitoring
- Google Cloud’s Approach to Security
- Google Cloud’s Shared Security Model
- Access Transparency and Access Approval
- Module Overview
- The Google Admin Console
- Cloud Identity Overview
- Syncing with Microsoft Active Directory
- Choosing between Google authentication and SAML-based SSO
- Using Managed Service for Microsoft Active Directory
- Managing GCP Permissions and Groups
- Defining Users with Cloud Identity Console
- Getting Started with Google Cloud and Qwiklabs
- Demo: Defining Users with Cloud Identity Console
Identity and Access Management
- Module Overview
- GCP Resource Manager Objects
- IAM Labels
- IAM Best Practices
- GCP Resource Manager Accounts
- IAM Roles
- IAM Recommender
- IAM Troubleshooter
- Configuring IAM and Custom Roles
- IAM Audit Logs
VPCs for Isolation and Security
- VPC Firewall Rules
- VPC Firewall Best Practices
- Lab Intro: Configuring VPC Firewalls
- Load Balancing and SSL Policies
- Interconnect and SSL Peering Options
- VPC Firewall Defaults
- Best Practices for VPC Networks
- Cloud Interconnect
- VPC Service Controls
- Demo- VPC Service Controls
- VPC Flow Logs
For candidates who cannot afford to bear the expenses of the Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course, Coursera offers financial aid. If you want financial assistance, you must file an application form and provide all details about your financial constraints, educational qualifications, and professional goals. You will receive your response within 15 days of the filing. Coursera will let you know the status of your application via email.
How it helps
The Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course by Coursera is an intermediate-level course. Candidates can complete the course in their own time since it is a self-paced programme. Learners can take a seven-day free trial before enrolment to get a clearer picture of the course.
Moreover, the Coursera Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform programme is entirely online, thus, enabling candidates to have flexible deadlines. It is full of video lectures, graded quizzes, and assignments. It will help candidates gain practical experience regarding exercising security concepts and realistic GCP project scenarios. Besides, the course completion certificate will enable them to establish their expertise and skills in the field.
Candidates will learn about the security controls and techniques on GCP with the help of a comprehensive curriculum. The course covers Cloud CDN, Cloud IAM, Cloud Armor, Stackdriver, Security Keys, and much more. To learn more, enrol in the Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course by Coursera.
Coursera does provide financial aid to candidates. You just have to fill out an application to avail of financial aid, and once it is approved, you will be able to access the course.
Candidates can receive a shareable certificate upon completion of the Managing Security in Google Cloud Platform course, from Coursera. This certificate can be shared on your CVs, resumes as well as LinkedIn profile.
Each module has quizzes and graded assignments, which you can take for evaluating yourself and which you have to pass to receive your certificate.
Since this is not a free course, it can only be accessed after candidates have paid or received financial aid for the course.
Google via Coursera
EIT via Coursera
EIT via Coursera
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver via Edx
SDG Academy via Edx
Delft University of Technology via Edx
Amazon Web Services via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Google
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.