- Welcome to the course
- Hate and antisemitism
- The term "antisemitism"
- Who are the Jews?
- The historical roots of antisemitism
- Antisemitism and the Middle Ages
- Week 1 Conclusion
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present
Associate with 50 scholars, to examine Antisemitism from origin to its modern form with the Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present online course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 3 Hours Per Week
A shared initiative of FutureLearn, and Yad Vashem, the Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present certification is a 6 weeks course. This course is online and engages learners with tracing the history of Antisemitism. Here a group of 50 renowned scholars will delve into the issues that are related to Antisemitism in the state of Israel.
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present certification syllabus surrounds topics like what really is Antisemitism, how did this concept of Antisemitism develop, the reason why Antisemitism is present in diverse cultures, and how it has evolved throughout history. Soe other questions that get resolved through this course are after Holocaust what happened with Antisemitism, which spheres can Antisemitism be located in, and ways in which it is expressed in the present world.
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present training is imparted online for only 3 hours per week, where students can learn at their own velocity and can receive a certificate that will be of value for their future growth.
- 6 weeks course time
- Learning at own speed
- Online mode
- Unlimited access
- Certificate after completion
- 100% online
- 3 hours study weekly
- 6 weeks course
- Certificate of completion
- Global classroom
- Progress page
- Self-paced learning
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
When candidates want the course free of cost then they will have to just satisfy themselves by learning, and not securing any certificate. But if they want to learn this course within a year, and obtain a completion certificate, then they will have to make a payment of a certain amount as the Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present certification fee as explained below.
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present Fee Structure
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present, Upgrade
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present, Unlimited
$279.99 for a year
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
This program is well-suited for just anyone who wants to possess some exciting knowledge and information about the history, social and human nature in the antisemitism phenomenon. Anyone from a pharmacist, archaeologists, or an individual belonging to any other working background can choose to learn about antisemitism.
There is no mention of any distinct education in the details of the course.
Any work exposure to this field is not vital for Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present certification by FutureLearn.
Certification Qualifying Details
The students need to accomplish all the steps in the course including assignments to be presented with the certificate.
What you will learn
After this program is completed, the students can achieve the following:
- The learners will understand how, and why Antisemitism is unique
- They can make a comparison between antisemitic language and actions of the past and present era
- Candidates will be able to discuss the several types, characteristics of Antisemitism, and their historical, and ideological concepts
- Learners can spot differences between antisemitism and legitimate criticism.
The admission details for Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present course is as follows:
Step 1: Students can start by clicking on the website link: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/antisemitism.
Step 2: Then scroll a little bit to find the button stating ‘Join course for free’.
Step 3: Next, it is mandatory to create an account on the platform of FutureLearn.
Step 4: Then using the details of personal accounts like Gmail or Facebook candidates have to fill the registration form.
Step 5: When the form gets submitted, the students make the fee payment, and take admission.
Filling the form
Filling, and submitting the application form is not at all essential for the course. The candidates in the name of the application form can fill up a registration form with some attributes like name, email id, age, and password. The email and password used must be valid since it will be required to log in, and access the course.
What is Antisemitism? Definitions and Origins
The Changing Face of Antisemitism
- Welcome to week 2
- The Early Modern Period
- Modern forms of antisemitism
- Modern antisemitism: the case of Germany
- Modern antisemitism: the case of France
- Modern antisemitism: the case of the Russian Empire
- The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
- The emergence of Zionism
- Week 2 Conclusion
Genocidal Antisemitism: From World War I to the Holocaust
- Welcome to week 3
- World War I
- The Russian Revolution and the Civil War pogroms
- The interwar years
- Nazi ideology and Hitler's rise to power
- The Holocaust
- Antisemitism after the war
- Week 3 Conclusion
- Welcome to week 4
- Antisemitism in the Far-right
- Holocaust denial and distortion
- Antisemitism in the Far-left
- Anti-Zionism and Holocaust Denial and Distortion
- The Yellow Vests Movement
- Week 4 Conclusion
The Islamic and Arab World
- Welcome to week 5
- The early years
- The place of the Jews under Islam
- The development of antisemitism
- Escalation and radicalization
- The development of Islamism
- Contemporary Islamism
- The Protocols of the Elders of Zion
- Responses to the Holocaust in the Islamic and Arab world
- Antisemitism in the media
- The case of Iran
- Week 5 Conclusion
- Welcome to week 6
- Identifying antisemitism
- Conspiracy theories
- Online hate
- Addressing antisemitism
- Prospects for the future
- Week 6 and Course Conclusion
How it helps
Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present certification benefits are:
- The candidates will have proper information on the early, and later stages of the Antisemitism phenomenon.
- The learners are free to choose a time when they can go through all the week’s course, finish assignments because this is a self-instructed course
- Without having to leave their work, the learners can study for just 3 hours for 6 weeks in a row to be bestowed a certificate.
Yad Vashem - The World Holocaust Remembrance Center, designed the program syllabus.
This means that anyone who has signed up, and chose the unlimited or upgrade package can have access till the time it is there on FutureLearn.
During the free trial, the candidates will only have permission to see the course materials for a matter of 8 weeks.
Teachers like Dafna Dolinko, Dmitry Kolotilenko, and Yossi Kugler who are experts in this field will teach the programme.
Yes, there is an option where interested people can preview the course before joining.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.