Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 3 Hours Per Week
If a learner aims at improving their strategies, and skills of being a singing teacher then 'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' certification is the best possible option. The course has been jointly developed, and certified by ABRSM, and FutureLearn. People who are vocal coaches can provide training to help learners play their instruments, and sing in a better manner, and this course guides them to enhance their methods of teaching.
'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' certification syllabus can learn new techniques to communicate and engage with their students by making a comparison with their current teaching methods. When there is a broader curriculum, the learners will be educated with resources and instrument-specific advice so that they are able to plan their music lessons in a better way.
'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' training will teach the students skills to become a more productive singing teacher or a vocal coach. The programme has only six weeks of lessons which makes it simple for the students to be aware of techniques for music lessons.
- Course by FutureLearn
- Available without any cost
- Experience of learning online
- Learning by self
- 3 hours of studying
- 5-week classes
- After completion certificate
- 100% online
- 3 hours study
- 3 weeks course
- Certificate of completion
- Global classroom
- Progress page
- Self-paced learning
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
To avail some of the exciting benefits the students will pay the mentioned fees in the table below as 'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' certification fee. But if the candidates just casually want to go through the course without opting for a certificate then can definitely try out the free option.
'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' Fee Structure
'Becoming a Better Music Teacher', Upgrade
'Becoming a Better Music Teacher', Unlimited
$279.99 for a year
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' course can be done by all teachers of music or instruments or even they are vocal artists. This course will be of help to both private, and public teachers who are teaching in schools, different academies of music, and trust.
Any certain field of education isn’t listed in the course modules.
For 'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' certification by FutureLearn, the learners must have experience in teaching music.
Certification Qualifying Details
The students have to fulfill all the steps, and assignments in the program to be granted the certificate
What you will learn
Learners will be capable of doing the following things:
- Students will be able to evaluate their journey as a music teacher
- They will also understand the different teaching and learning principles
- The learners will make a comparison of their teaching skills with principles of teaching and learning, and then prepare their own
- The candidates again are able to ascertain the core musical skills and find interrelations between them
- They will identify what is the basis for motivation, and how progression is linked to progression
- With short term goals, candidates can build a learning plan for individuals that are in sync with short term goals
Below is the list of steps that can be seen before admission to this online program:
Step 1: The students will have to check the official website: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/becoming-a-better-music-teacher.
Step 2: Applicants can then click on the button named ‘Join the course for free’
Step 3: Then, a registration form will open which has to be filled out with their email ids of Facebook or Gmail.
Step 4: Next, they can submit their application, and proceed towards fee payment.
Step 5: After form submission, the participants can become students.
Filling the form
The 'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' certification course asks the students to complete the registration form with the particulars of the Gmail or Facebook accounts, or data about the first name, email address, and age-related information.
Current teaching assessment
Evaluating teaching and learning principles
Core musical skills identification
Own technique exploration
Range of strategies for teaching development
Links between progression, and motivation
Awareness of professional values and practice
Making curriculum and devising plans of lessons
Personal development plan
How it helps
The 'Becoming a Better Music Teacher' certification benefits are:
- This course can help the learners to make their instrument or singing sessions more interesting, and student pleasing.
- The students will be able to establish a connection with other teachers who can take part in discussions regarding professional development.
- This programme is taught only in a completely online mode, so with just a pc or laptop, and a network connection the students can learn.
ABRSM is held accountable for designing the syllabus catering to the course.
It offers a certificate that is digital, 1 year for course completion, other short courses, and practise tests for these courses.
The course can be of access for only 7 weeks time.
Industry experts like John Holmes and Rachel Cook teach the participants about how they will become better teachers.
No, it won’t be possible since this is a course that is instructed only in the online format.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.