- Plastic as a Material and its relevance in the present context.
Plastic Waste Management Course
Get in-depth knowledge in the area of plastic waste management such as its classifications, management, and challenges through the course offered by DIYguru.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video Based
This course helps the candidates in understanding the various classifications under waste generation and their effective management methods in different states in India and in other developing nations.
Plastic Waste Management Course covers the key aspects of the waste management system along with their financial, environmental, technical, institutional, and social elements. The candidates will understand the challenges that are involved in plastic waste management with the help of lean management initiatives and the ways in which these issues are effectively resolved in Industrial complexes, disposal of sites and in cities.
If the candidates are looking to work in waste reduction projects and environmental action plans or looking for policies for composite and organic waste management then this course is for those candidates.
The course is covered through online videos and can be taken on a self-paced basis with flexible deadlines, the course is offered in English. After completion of the course, the candidates will receive the course certificate which the candidates can add to their resume or use during interviews which will give the candidates an added advantage or can use it as proof to show their skill set.
- Course duration 30 days
- Flexible deadlines
- Offered by DIY guru
- Available in English
- 100% online
- 24/7 access
- Beginner level
- Case studies
- Lecture videos
- Discussion forum.
Course and certificate fees
- The course is available for the fee of Rs. 5,000 plus taxes
Fee details for Plastic Waste Management Course
Rs. 5,000 + taxes
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course Plastic Waste Management Course is for the following candidates:
- Students looking to gain new skills in waste management
- Social enthusiasts and graduates from any field
- Candidates looking for jobs who are interested in studying either full-time or part-time in waste management modules, environmental crises.
- Startup enthusiasts who are working on waste management resources.
Certification Qualifying Details
The course Plastic Waste Management Course will be issued to the candidates after fully completing the course.
What you will learn
After completion of the course Plastic Waste Management Course the candidates will be able to learn the following:
- Will get a basic understanding of plastic waste management and the categories of waste such as liquid, solid, and gaseous.
- Learn about municipal waste management and its different forms is an industrial and residential waste.
- Learn about how waste reduction is carried out in cities along with their recycling methods.
- Will learn the various resources and policies for recycling the harmful waste in various states of India.
- Understand the various National and Action schemes on waste management in India.
- Will understand the key elements under the waste management system such as the social, environmental, institutional, technical, and financial aspects.
Filling the form
Candidates looking to taking this course Plastic Waste Management Course should follow the below steps:
Step 1: Visit the course website link: https://diyguru.org/course/plastic-waste-management/
Step 2: Thereafter, they have to sign up and create a login.
Step 3: Once the login is made, the candidate needs to make the payment and thereafter access the course.
History of Plastics
- Review of the plastics industry including growth trends and a driver that has made it survive the global and local market for centuries.
Types of Plastics and it Uses
- Environmental impact by Data and graph analysis
- Manufacturing methods and technology
Plastic as waste and on the contrary as gold in the economy
- Problems due to plastic waste
- Future impact in multidimensions
- Product Design
- Dependency for packaging
Plastic Waste Management
- Regulations, directives and guidance documents issued by the government.
- Initiatives and measures proposed by the government for future, NGOs and pressure groups accelerating to more sustainable business and policy around plastics.
- Design thinking on plastic waste: Plastic to road construction, plastic to toilet blocks, etc
- Various startups, businesses running from products made of recycled plastic: Utilization of the concept of Circular economy and resource efficiency
- Processes for recycling plastics - Separation technology, products widely made of recycled plastic
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recovery
- Global and local perspectives on the plastic recycling industry.
The candidates will have to take up the primer test to test their existing knowledge.
How it helps
This course will benefit those looking to be a part of waste reduction plans and environmental action plans in cities or are looking to bring on plans for composite and organic waste management. The candidates will be exposed to a sustainable waste management framework that will give them an edge on completion of this course.
The courses Plastic Waste Management Course will knowledge the candidates with various aspects such as plastic waste management overview, different categories in liquid, solid, and gaseous wastes, recycling practices for waste reduction in cities, policy formation for eliminating harmful waste material, knowledge regarding municipal waste management, forms of industrial and residential wastes, national and action schemes on waste management.
This course will benefit those who are looking to upskill themselves in the area of waste management, social enthusiasts, and graduates from any backgrounds and those looking for jobs in the waste management modules, environmental crises, and startup enthusiasts who are working on resources for waste management.
The course is fully taught on an online basis using lecture videos and the candidates can take this course at their own pace as the course comes with flexible deadlines. The candidates will also benefit from the knowledge they would gain from world-class experts who are the best in their fields.
The course doesn’t provide placement assistance but the candidates can add this certificate on their resume, or during interviews, the candidates will have an edge over the others.
The course is developed in such a way that anyone with an interest in the field of waste management can take up this course as there is no prior knowledge required.
The candidates will have to take a primer to test their basic knowledge regarding this area and how they perform does not affect their course progress.
The course is fully developed in English and the lecture videos include subtitles in English for the candidate’s better understanding.
The course comes with a discussion forum through which the candidates will be able to ask their questions and get their doubts cleared.
The course doesn’t provide any form of financial aid to the candidates looking to take up this course.
The candidates can apply for a refund by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org on any of the 5 business days before the course starts.
The candidates can access the course material by logging on to the course website and clicking on ‘Dashboard’
The course Plastic Waste Management Course is for a duration of three months within which the candidates will have to complete the course.
This course contains flexible deadlines through which the candidates will be able to take up this course on a self-paced basis.
The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
UQ Brisbane via Edx
UQ Brisbane via Edx
Smithsonian Institution via Edx
Kyoto University via Edx
UQ Brisbane via Edx
Peking University via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne via Edx