- 4 hours ago: IGNOU re-registration 2022 for January session extended till Jan 31 Read More
- 3 days ago: IGNOU invites applications for MA in corporate social responsibility Read More
- 4 days ago: IGNOU launches online MA in journalism programme Read More
- 11 Jan 2022: IGNOU launches online MBA programme approved by AICTE Read More
- 08 Jan 2022: IGNOU Admission 2021: NTA further extends the registration deadline for PhD courses Read More
- Mode: Distance
- Duration: 2 Years
The M.Sc. Program in the area of Dietetics and Food Service Management has been developed with a view to addressing the needs of training workforce/developing manpower (dietitians, nutrition counselors, food service managers, etc.) for the emerging employment sector (hospital/community dietetics, food service management). The program will offer a unique opportunity of higher education to learners to enrich their working lives by entering into the market and/or starting their own food service unit, leading to entrepreneurship. The program also focuses on upgrading the professional competencies of serving personnel in food service establishments, such as dietitians, diet technicians, counselors etc. upgrading their knowledge and equipping them with productive skills to enhance their career progression and employability.
Duration: Minimum 2 years and Maximum 5 years; offered only July cycle of admission only.
B.Sc. (Home Science) specialization in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics and Clinical Nutrition or PG Diploma in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition, or its equivalent or Graduate (B.Sc.) or equivalent (MBBS, BHHS etc) from the following background - Home Science/ Food Science and Technology, Life Science, Microbiology Health Care, Medical, Pharmaceutical Catering along with the DNHE or CNCC or CFN offered by IGNOU.