Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (JMI) was originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920. It became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In 1925, JMI shifted from Aligarh to Karol Bagh, New Delhi. JMI has 39 academic departments: Department of Adult and Continuing Education and Extension; Department of Arabic; Department of Art History & Art Appreciation; Department of Chemistry; Department of Computer Engineering; Department of Educational Studies; Department of English; Department of Hindi; Department of Mathematics; Department of Persian; Department of Psychology; Department of Social Work; Department of Tourism and Hospitality Management; Department of Applied Art; Department of Architecture; Department of Biosciences; Department of Civil Engineering; Department of Computer Science; Department of Electrical Engineering; Department of Geography; Department of History and Culture; Department of Mechanical Engineering; Department of Physics; Department of Sanskrit; Department of Sociology; Department of Urdu; Department of Applied Sciences & Humanities; Department of Art Education; Department of Biotechnology, Department of Commerce and Business Studies; Department of Economics; Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering; Department of Graphic Art; Department of Islamic Studies; Department of Painting; Department of Political Science; Department of Sculpture; Department of Teacher Training & Non-formal Education; University Polytechnic. The University offers B.Ed, D.El.Ed, Diploma, B.Tech, Executive MBA Part-Time, MBA, BA, B.Voc, B.Com (Hons.), BA (Hons.), B.Sc, BDS, M.Ed, MA, MCA, B.Sc (Hons.), M.Sc, B.Lib.I.Sc, BBA, B.Arch, BHM, BPT, PG Diploma, M.Com, Advanced Diploma, BFA, BTTM, LLM, LLM Executive, M.Lib.I.Sc, MHM, MTTM, M.Tech, M.Arch, MPT, M.Phil, MFA and Ph.D programmes.
Jamia Millia Islamia is located at Jamia Nagar, Okhla, New Delhi, Delhi. Indira Gandhi International Airport is the closest airport to the University, located 23.8 km away. Nearest railway station to the University is Okhla Railway Station, located 3.6 km away and the nearest bus station is Okhla Terminal Bus Stop, located 1.2 km away.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
Jamia Millia Islamia is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
JMI has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- Pro Helvetia, Swiss Cultural Centre, New Delhi
- Annenberg School of Communication, University of Pennsylvania
- IDRC New Delhi
- UNNATI Ahmedabad
- CEC New Delhi
- Harvard Yenching Institute, MS, USA
- Satyawati College, University of Delhi
- Human Rights Law Network, Vishwa Yuvak Kendra, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
- University of Tehran, I.R. Iran
- Korea Foundation Republic of Korea
- Al Istiqlal University, Jericho, Palestine
- Indian Coast Guard, New Delhi
- India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDS), New Delhi
- MHRD and UGC, New Delhi
- York University Toronto, Canada
- Delhi Police; Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi and Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
- Al-Mustafa International University, Qom, Iran
- Pawan Hans Limited, Noida
- Children's Emergency Relief International (CERI)
- Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-CEERI), Pilani, Rajasthan
- Ural Federal University (UrFU), Russia
- Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow, Russia
- Purbanchal University, Biratnagar, Nepal
- Samara National Research University, Samara, Russia
- University of Erfurt, Germany
- University of Colima, United Mexican States
- Fachhochschule Erfurt – University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- CRIUM, Hyderabad, New Delhi
- National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (NIGEB), I.R. Iran
- Yunus Emre Institute, Ankara, Turkey
- ESIC, New Delhi
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Entrepreneurship Club- This is the Entrepreneurship Club of JMI that encourages students to take up entrepreneurship as a career. It encourages students to come up with new and innovative business ideas and then helps them to develop their ideas into successful ventures.
- Debating Club- This Club of Jamia Millia Islamia conducts all the debating activities and events in the University. It encourages students to take up debating as a hobby and takes part in various inter-college debating competitions.
- Drama Club- This Club conducts all the drama activities in the University. It organises dramas, plays, skits, etc. in the University and represents the University in various inter-college drama events.
- Literary Club- This Club of JMI New Delhi promotes the knowledge of literature in its members. It conducts various activities like reading, discussions, debates, etc. on various literature aspects to promote literature knowledge.
- Music Club- This Club conducts all the music events in the University. It provides music for all the events and represents the University in various inter-college musical events.
- Fine Art Club- This Club aims to promote the culture of fine arts in the institute. It conducts practice sessions, exhibitions, workshops, lectures to spread the knowledge of fine arts.
- Social Service Club- This Club of Jamia Millia Islamia aims to serve society by doing social service deeds. It conducts activities like donation drives, visits to orphanages & old age homes, awareness camps, etc. to fulfill the needs of social service.
- Eco Club- This Club of JMI conducts activities for students to promote the environment and heritage consciousness. It conducts activities to spread awareness of environmental preservation. It promotes the use of eco-friendly technology for a better future of our generations.
JMI Courses & Fees
JMI Exams and Cutoffs
JMI Admissions 2021
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi Admission Procedure:-
Jamia Millia Islamia admissions are offered to various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Admissions to various courses are based on the performance in an entrance test conducted by the University while for some courses candidates have to appear for a group discussion and interview. More details about JMI Admission Procedure is written below in the following steps.
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi Admission Procedure for MA/M.Sc/B.Ed/M.Ed/BFA/MFA/M.Tech/LLM/LLM (Executive)/MCA/M.Com/MPT/M.Arch/ MTTM/ B.Lib.I.Sc/M.Lib.I.Sc/PG Diploma/BA/BA (Hons.)/BHM/BTTM/BBA/B.Com (Hons.)/B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.)/BPT/ BA LLB (Hons.)/Diploma/Advanced Diploma/D.El.Ed/MHM programmes:
- Candidates have to apply for admission online on the JMI website.
- Then, candidates have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university.
- A rank list will be prepared by the university on the basis of merit obtained in the Entrance Test.
- Final selection for JMI New Delhi admissions will be done on the basis of rank obtained in the rank list, document verification and fees payment.
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi Admission Procedure for MA/MBA/MBA (Executive)/M.Sc.(Mathematics Education)/Advanced Diploma in Public Health/Intensive Diploma in Chinese Language/Diploma in Chinese Language programmes:
- Candidates have to apply for JMI admission online on the University website.
- Then, candidates have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the performance in the Entrance Test.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for Group Discussion/Interview.
- Final selection will be done on the basis of performance in Group Discussion/Interview, document verification and fees payment.
- Candidates have to appear for JEE Main Paper-1/Paper-2 entrance exam.
- Then, candidates have to apply for Jamia Millia Islamia admissions on its official website.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on their JEE Main exam rank.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi Admission Procedure for BDS programmes:
- Candidates have to appear for NEET Entrance Test.
- Then, candidates have to select JMI Institute and appropriate reservation category in NEET application form.
- A rank list will be declared on NEET admission result page.
- JMI, New Delhi admissions will be offered based on the rank obtained in the rank list, document verification and fees payment.
- Candidates have to apply for admission online on the JMI website.
- Then, eligible candidates have to appear for Jamia Entrance Test.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done based on the merit obtained in the Jamia Entrance Test.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done based on the performance in past academic records, Jamia Entrance Test and Personal Interview.
- Students will be offered Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi admissions after getting their documents verified and payment of admission fees.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
Law (B.A. L.L.B)
Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi provides many facilities for the students and faculty such as laboratories for every department, health centre for any emergencies, canteen and cafe to serve food to the students. JMI also provides sports facilities, facilities for differently-abled and internet facility, etc which are briefly discussed below.
- Health Centre- There is a health centre in the JMI which is supervised by a chief medical officer. This health centre provides medical service, first aid service and refers to big hospitals in case of emergency cases.
- Canteen and Cafe- There are canteens and cafes in each department of the University. These canteens and cafes serve foods and beverages of multiple cuisines at reasonable prices.
- Facilities for differently-abled- JMI New Delhi has provided special facilities for the differently-abled to make their life easy on the campus. Special arrangements have been made to facilitate their comfort of living and studying on the campus.
- Sports- Jamia Millia Islamia has facilities for outdoor sports like international standard cricket ground, basketball court, lawn tennis court, football ground, volleyball court, jogging track, athletics, hockey ground. There is also an indoor stadium which has facilities like badminton court, table tennis court, fitness centre, snooker room, games & sports equipment store.
- Library- JMI library has about 6 lakh books and a seating capacity for 1275 users. The library is air-conditioned. The Digital Resource Centre has access to e-journals. The library is automated with Libsys-7 software. E-journals, E-books, inhouse digitised documents, and open access resources can be searched through EDS (Ebsco Discovery Service).
- Laboratories- There are various laboratories in various departments of Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. These laboratories are well-equipped to facilitate good practical learning.
- Internet- Internet services are provided throughout the campus through wifi and LAN. These services can be availed by students, staff and faculty.
JMI Student Reviews
Last Seen: 25 Aug' 20
Joined On: 25 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- BA History Hons
Overall good experience
Last Seen: 19 Aug' 20
Joined On: 19 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
Overall It was a good experience
The campus life is great and also quality of education
Last Seen: 16 Jul' 20
Joined On: 30 Apr' 18
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
Questions related to JMI
what is the difference between BTTM and BA tourism management? and which college is best for this among JMI or CVS ?
Bttm is a specialized undergraduate course for students who are seeking to get an undergraduate degree in Tourism and Travel Management.
The average fee charged by colleges who offer this BTTM course ranges from INR 4,000 to 14,00,000 per annum. It can vary depending upon the college you will choose.
Job roles such as managing travel modes, accommodation, tour programs, and overall stay of tourists, tour operators, travel agencies, travel consultants, airports can be pursued by you.
BA tourism is a 3-year undergraduate course in the field of travel and tourism.
After doing this course you will build awareness about the tourism sector and organize various tourism-related services.
The average fees for this undergraduate program in tourism range from INR 2,388 to INR 176,000 but may vary from college to college .
So which course is good .
answer would be Bttm would be slightly better but if you want to explore the opportunities go for BA.
Now JMI vs CVS which is better ?
JMI has better facilities and CVS has average ones .
placement at both college are good though.
hope this helps!!!
if I have done diploma in civil engineering. Am I eligible to take admission in jmi CSE through jee mains marks.
The eligibility criteria of B.Tech Computer Engineering at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (Also known as: JMI) is as follows:-
- Sr. Sec. School Certificate (10+2) / Intermediate or its equivalent of a recognized Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects, with not less than 55% marks in PCM.
- Diploma in Engineering recognized by AICTE with not less than 55% marks.
So, if you are eligible according the eligibility criteria mentioned above then, you can give JEE Main to take admission in JMI.
Refer here for more info - https://www.careers360.com/university/jamia-millia-islamia-new-delhi/btech-computer-engineering-course
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
what is the expected cutoff of MA HUMAN RIGHTS And PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION Of JMI 2020?
The minimum expected cut off for MA human rights is 50.25 and for Public administration is 24.50.Kindly check this link to know the cut off for previous year with reservation Matrix https://university.careers360.com/articles/jmi-cutoff The admission process is to be closed on 20th November 2020.
Best of luck.
What was the cut off for MA Public Administration at JMI for general category in 2018 and 2017?
The cut offs for MA public administration at JMI for General Category for the year 2019 :-
First List/First Round - 37.75
Second List/Second Round - 33.75
Third List/Third Round - 33.50
Fourth List/Fourth Round - 32.75
Fifth List/Fifth Round - 32.25
Sixth List/Sixth Round - 31.75
Hope this helps,
All the best!
diploma holder is eligible for the jmi btech
The basic eligibility criteria for Diploma holders is that they should be diploma holder in engineering stream recognised by AICTE OR STATE board of technical education of 3or 4 year duration with atleast 55% marks
Hope this help
For more you check the link given
JMI Notable Alumni
JMI Related Articles
“The industry should invest in tourism skill training need assessment”, says Prof. Nimit Chowdhary, Head of Tourism and Hospitality, Jamia Millia Islamia
Prof. Nimit Chowdhary, Head of Tourism and Hospitality studies at Jamia Mil....
JMI Latest News
NEW DELHI: Jamia Millia Islamia has extended the last date to fill and subm....
NEW DELHI: Jamia Millia Islamia has further extended the last date of filli....
New Delhi, April 24: Jamia Millia Islamia has released an official notifica....
New Delhi, April 11: As per the official notification released by Jamia Mil....
JMI Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council