- Introduction to charts
- Using the Excel pivot chart feature
- Course intro video
- Creating basic charts in Excel (line, pie, and bar charts)
- Interview: using visualizations to tell a data story
Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos
Learn data visualization tools and create interactive dashboards with this certification course on Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The IBM curriculum developed Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos online course helps the candidates to learn data visualization and dashboard creation using tools such as Excel and Cognos Analytics. The programme is planned to run for four weeks with a final hands-on project in the last week of planning. The Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos syllabus is planned for a duration of 10 hours with a beginner level difficulty. The programme helps the candidates who do not have a strong foundation in data analysis, programming or coding to learn data visualization and dashboard formation in an easy hands-on way. The candidate pursuing Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos by Coursera will be instructed by three seasoned experts from IBM and SkillUp Technologies in the area of data analytics and visualization. The candidates who complete the programme successfully will be awarded a verified certificate from Coursera medium.
- Part of IBM professional data certification programme.
- Verified certificate credential
- Flexible coursework and deadlines
- Four-week programme duration
- English medium of instruction
- Beginner level of difficulty
- Completely online programme
- Programme subtitles in English and 5 more languages.
- Course duration spanning 10 hours
- Hands-on final project
- Reading materials
- Graded assignments
- Video lectures
- Self paced
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The amount to be paid as Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos fees are Rs. 2852.
Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos fees details
Note: The student has the possibility to audit this course with the condition that he or she will not receive any verified credential.
certificate providing authority
Candidates willing to pursue Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos certification must have basic computer literacy, knowledge of high school level maths and understanding of MS - Excel spreadsheets.
Certification Qualification Details
Students must pay the amount of the fee as well as complete the entire program successfully to get Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos certification.
What you will learn
The Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos programme is designed for the candidates in the following ways.
- The Data Visualization course syllabus will help the candidates gain skills in the areas of data analysis and data visualization using MS Excel.
- The candidates will learn to use IBM Cognos Analytics for creating dashboards after data visualization.
- The course will teach the process of visualizing data using Excel spreadsheets where the candidates will use functions and charts in Excel.
- The candidates will learn to manipulate information to transform visualizations into a data-driven story.
- The candidate will learn to create dashboards along with visualizations in spreadsheets using advanced forms of charts and visualizations with the basics of dashboards using spreadsheets formulas to present data results but it will also
- With Cognos Analytics serving as a database solution, the candidate will learn to utilize its capabilities for dashboard creation and navigating through its advanced features.
- The candidate will learn a hands-on project in which they will learn to use sample data for data visualization in Excel as soon as dashboard creation in Cognos Analytics.
Filling the form
In this Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos online programme, the candidates will need to follow the procedure below as a step-by-step process to complete the certification.
Step 1: Students must go to this website below for the programme details listed.. https://www.coursera.org/learn/data-visualization-dashboards-excel-cognos?action=enroll&aid=true#about
Step 2: Students need to click on the “Enroll” button from the bottom menu and click on the “Next” option
Step 3: The candidate must then fill out the necessary portions along with details to complete the form for enrollment.
Step 4: To gain admission to the course materials and lectures, the candidate must first pay the course fee as the last step and gain access.
Week 1: Visualizing Data Using Spreadsheets
Week 2: Creating Visualizations and Dashboards with Spreadsheets
- Introduction to dashboarding
- Creating filled map charts and sparklines
- Creating treemaps, scatter charts, and histograms
- Creating a simple dashboard using Excel
- Interview: using dashboards to present data results
Week 3: Creating Visualizations and Dashboards with Cognos Analytics
- Navigating in Cognos analytics
- Cognos Analytics: introduction and how to sign up
- Advanced capabilities in Cognos Analytics dashboards
- Creating a simple dashboard in Cognos
Week 4: Final Project
- Course Credits and Acknowledgements
- Congratulations and Next Steps
Candidates can enrol in the programme and seek financial aid from Coursera through an application. If the application is approved, the candidate will need to complete the certification coursework within 180 days of approval.
How it helps
The Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos certification benefit the candidate who does not have any educational background in the area of data analytics and programming. The candidate will gain hands-on skills in both Excel spreadsheets as well as Cognos analytics which is one of the essential requirements in the industry for recruitment. The course is planned and instructed by three different instructors from IBM and Skillup Technologies who are one of the best practitioners in the industry.
The certificate offered by Coursera is signed and verified by these instructors in the Coursera platform and that itself acts as a big value-adding credential for the candidate in his or her profile. The candidate will be able to showcase the credential across several recruiting platforms and networking events to potential recruiters and hiring professionals who seek candidates with the much-required hands-on skills in data analytics and dashboard creation.
The candidate can also update her portfolio by adding the certificate to the resume or CV and it gives the weightage for the candidate to seek better employment opportunities within his or her organization. The candidate will also be able to negotiate for a better pay raise or promotion to the desired position of choice. The candidate will be in a much better position to get an edge over his or her peers with the credential gained.
Financial aid is available for candidates seeking to learn the modules in the Data Visualization certification course.
There are no Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos certification prerequisites required for the candidate to know so as to be comfortable to learn.
This course is taught in the English language with subtitles offered in 6 languages including English.
The candidate must apply for the programme at the following link below to enroll. https://www.coursera.org/learn/data-visualization-dashboards-excel-cognos
Students auditing the Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos programme will be able to access all course materials available for free but will not get any assignments graded.
The candidates are offered a trial period of 7 days for learning for a specific course they are enrolled in.
The Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos online course certificate can be utilized as a value-adding credential in resume or CVs as well as shared across many online platforms for professional networking.
The coursework is split into 4 modules which takes a total duration of 10 hours to complete in order to gain the verified certificate.
The Data Visualization and Dashboards with Excel and Cognos certification benefits the students in such a way that it allows the students to learn and submit the assessments required in a very flexible manner.