- Welcome to the course
- Kevin: The power's in the data viz
- Connecting images with data
- Why data visualization matters
- Dynamic visualizations
- A recipe for a powerful visualization
- Data visualization impact
- Elements of art
- Headlines, subtitles, and labels
- Design thinking and visualizations
- Andrew: Making data accessible
- Accessible visualizations
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization online course is a Google course provided on the Coursera platform. The entire programme lasts 23 hours and has the prospect of a verified certificate. The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization certification syllabus is planned by Google career certificates to enable the candidates to become entry-level data analysts with good knowledge of tools and concepts in data analysis. The programme will be taught over four weeks, beginning with data visualisations, story creation, presentations and slideshow preparation. The course will be delivered in English with English subtitles for learning. To participate in the programme, applicants must meet certain specific prerequisites in the areas of mathematics and algorithms. The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization by Coursera is designed as an intermediate-level course with adjustable completion deadlines.
- Verified certificate credential
- Part of the Google Data Analytics course
- English medium of instruction with subtitles
- Extensively online programme
- Flexible deadline-based programme
- Beginner level coursework
- 23 hours planned course
- Four-week course duration
- Hands-on activity
- Video lectures
- Practice exercises
- Weekly challenges
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
Coursera has decided on an affordable amount of Rs. 1027 as the Share Data Through the Art of Visualization fee.
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization programme is for the following:
- Candidates who start their careers as entry-level data analysts with a basic understanding of data analysis and visualization.
While no specific educational qualification has been mentioned on Share Data Through the Art of Visualization certification, the applicant would need to be proficient in high school mathematics.
What you will learn
The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization programme is planned for the following:
- The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization certification course will help the students learn the value of data visualisation, art elements, design thinking and accessibility.
- Candidates will learn to create data stories and how to use them to build a coherent story.
- Candidates will learn how to build dashboards and dashboard filters with Tableau. They will learn to assimilate the concepts of making accurate visualisations for Tableau.
- Candidates will learn to develop slideshows and presentations for data analysis from multiple data sources.
- Candidates will learn about the beliefs and strategies that go into making a good presentation and slideshows.
Filling the form
To enrol in Share Data Through the Art of Visualization online programme and receive a certificate, the applicant must observe the steps outlined below.
- To apply for the programme, the applicant should visit the course webpage.
- Students must press "Next" after selecting the "Enroll" option from the bottom menu.
- Complete the application form or enrollment form and attach all the necessary information.
- If interested in a validated route, candidates need to pay the fee before studying the lectures.
Week 1: Visualizing data
- Effective data visualizations
- Learning Log: Reflect on data visualization
- Course syllabus
- Data grows on decision trees
- The beauty of visualizing
- Principles of design
- Data visualization can make the difference
- Design thinking for visualization improvement
- Data is beautiful
- Designing a chart in 60 minutes
- Pro tips for highlighting key information
- The wonderful world of visualizations
- Glossary: terms and definitions
- Self-reflection: choosing your visualization
- Test your knowledge on designing data visualizations
- Test your knowledge on data visualizations
- Test your knowledge on exploring data visualizations
- Hands-on activity: Making your own visualization
- Weekly challenge 1
Week 2: Creating data visualizations with Tableau
- Meet Tableau
- Data visualizations with Tableau
- Data visualization: The good, the bad, the ugly
- Tableau basics
- Get creative
- Optional: using Tableau desktop
- Logging into Tableau public
- Guide: how to choose a data visualization
- Visualizations in spreadsheets and Tableau
- Tableau resources for combining multiple data sources
- Glossary: terms and definitions
- Test your knowledge on getting started with Tableau
- Hands-on activity: working with Tableau
- Test your knowledge on creating visualizations in Tableau
- Self-reflection: selecting visuals and charts
- Hands-on activity: Linking data in Tableau
- Weekly challenge 2
Week 3: Crafting data stories
- Bringing ideas to life
- Storytelling with data
- Carolyn: Data journalism
- Sundas: How to manage imposter syndrome
- Speaking to your audience
- From filters to charts
- Tableau dashboard basics
- Sharing a narrative
- Compelling presentation tips
- Dashboards and static insights
- Writing effective data stories
- Learning Log: Tell a story with data
- Glossary: terms and definitions
Glossary: terms and definitions
- Test your knowledge on data-driven stories
- Hands-on activity: creating, filtering, and customizing charts in spreadsheets
- Test your knowledge on using dashboards
- Hands-on activity: creating your first Tableau dashboard
- Test your knowledge on communicating data stories
- Hands-on activity: presenting practice
- Weekly challenge 3
Week 4: Developing presentations and slideshows
- Presenting with a framework
- Pulling it all together
- Brittany: Presentation skills for new data analysts
- Weaving data into your presentation
- Connor: good example of a data presentation
- Connor: messy example of a data presentation
- Present like a pro
- Presentation skills: The secret ingredient
- Anticipate the question
- Lilah: storytelling with data
- Handling objections
- Q&A best practices
- Connor: important aspects of a presentation
- Guide: Sharing data findings in presentations
- Step-by-step critique of a presentation
- Correlation and causation
- Preparing for the Q&A
- Learning Log: Evaluate your presentation
- Learning more about the McCandless Method
- Learning Log: Review a slide presentation
- Glossary: terms and definitionsn
- Coming up next…
- Test your knowledge on effective presentations
- Self-Reflection: Examples of great presentations
- Self-Reflection: Real-world objections
- Test your knowledge on presentation skills and practices
- Test your knowledge on listening, responding, and including
- Test your knowledge on caveats and limitations to data
- Weekly challenge
- Course challenge
Coursera provides financial aid to students who can’t pay the fee. Candidates can apply by clicking on the Financial Aid tab located to the left of the "Enroll" tab. The accepted applicants will be informed after 15 days of the submission.
How it helps
The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization certification benefits all the candidates as it is one of the important courses set as a part of the “Google Data Analytics'' programme. It is a highly sought-after certification in the industry that helps candidates start afresh as a data analyst. The course is directly instructed by the team of “Google Career Certificates” and has a high standard evaluation, making it a well-recognised course. The certificate provided on the Coursera platform serves as a valuable addition to the portfolio of the candidates. It adds value to the candidate's resume and networking circles, both online and in person. Applicants will be able to highlight the certification with prospective recruiters and recruitment professionals who are looking for eligible applicants. The certification can help candidates get significant growth in terms of career development or pay raise.
The Share Data Through the Art of Visualization training on the Coursera platform costs Rs. 1027 per month to participate as a verified programme.
To take part in the Share Data Through the Art of Visualization certification programme, candidates must have an understanding of high-school-level mathematics.
Many who cannot afford the Share Data Through the Art of Visualization certification can apply for financial assistance through Coursera. Click on the ‘Financial Aid’ tab to apply for the aid.
The course is in English and provides subtitles for the candidate to ease the learning process.
Candidates will be taught the concepts of data visualisation, dashboard creation, Tableau software, presentations, and slideshows for story creation.
Students who have a trial version in the Share Data Through the Art of Visualization programme can enrol and be a part of the course for 7 days, after which they will need to take the verified credential route.
The course has four modules, which can be completed in 23 hours to achieve the verified certificate.
The certificate earned in Share Data Through the Art of Visualization programme can be added to your portfolio, resume, and CV and posted on various social media platforms, such as Linkedin.
It will help students learn and complete the requisite tests and quizzes at their convenience.
IBM via Coursera
University of Illinois via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Google
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.