WHAT IS ELECTRICAL AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING ?
Electrical and Communications is a discipline within electrical engineering. The course involves study of application of mathematical and scientific principles to design and integrate electrical and electronics systems. The course also includes the study of mechanism involved in generation of electrical power. Students also learn about development and operation of communication technology. The course includes telecommunication and computer programming apart from core subjects like electronics engineering, telecommunications engineering, laser and optical engineering and integrated circuit design. Completion of postgraduate and undergraduate degrees in Electrical and Communications engineering opens doorways for students to work in different job profiles like service engineers, software analyst, network planning engineer and field test engineer.Expand
- For UG: Candidates belonging to General category should secure minimum aggregate marks as 60% in Class XII or equivalent examination. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD should secure minimum aggregate marks as 55% in Class XII or equivalent examination.
- For PG: - Candidates belonging to General category should secure minimum aggregate marks as 60%. Candidates belonging to SC/ST should secure minimum aggregate marks as 55% in B.E./B.Tech degree conducted by a recognised University. Or Candidates holding an IIT B.Tech degree should secure CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on 0-10 scale).
SCOPE OF ELECTRICAL AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING
- There has been a wide use of digital signal processing and image processing due to increasing in the number of research projects led by government agencies like DRDO, Naval Research, and Army Technology Board.
- This has increased the scope of job intakes for profiles like service engineers, network planning engineer and field test engineer.
- Adaptive Signal Processing Techniques
- Advanced Digital Communication Techniques
- Advanced Mathematics
- Digital Communication Systems
- Fibre Optic Systems
- Information and Communication Theory
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Speech and Audio Processing
- Telecommunication Networks
- Wireless Network
CAREER OPTIONS AFTER ELECTRICAL AND COMMUNICATIONS ENGINEERING
Salary : 1.8L INR - 2.8L INR
Degrees: B.Sc., B.E /Btech
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Electrical and Communications Engineering
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 4230 Joined
- 666 Questions
Defence Research and Development Organization Jadavpur University, Kolkata Jadavpur University, Kolkata Course Electrical and Communications EngineeringView all tags
Can i join DRDO after get a degree of ECE course from Jadavpur University?
IS Your college offered in EEE COURSES ???
I have 51.8% in 12th class can i apply
View all tags
What is the difference between ECE and EEE COARSES?
View all tags