WHAT IS ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING ?
Electronics and Computer Engineering is a branch of Electronics Engineering which deals with the effects of electrons to build components, devices, systems, or equipment. Electrical Engineering basically deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. A bachelor's program in Electronics and Computer Engineering gets you a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering. Computer engineering deals with the design of computers and computer systems. This may involve the design of new hardware or software. Computer engineers may also work on a system's software. However, the design of complex software systems is often the domain of software engineering, which is usually considered a separate discipline. Electronics and Computer engineering is the integration of electrical engineering and computer science to develop computer systems. The computer engineers are involved in hardware and software aspects of computing. Master's degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering earns you an M.Tech.Expand
- For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests are also held by various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test
- For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/ B. Tech in Electronics and Computer Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- An electronic engineer can find a job in the consumer electronics manufacturing organisation, telecommunication and IT industry, healthcare equipment manufacturing organisation, mobile communication(2G,3G,4G), internet technologies, and power electronics industry.
- Electrical Technicians and Technologists can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment.
- They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control, telecommunications, aeronautical and military fields.
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Biologically Inspired Computation
- Computer Architecture and Microprocessors
- Computer Networks
- Computer Programming
- Computer systems and programming
- Digital Signal Processing
- Electronic Circuits
- Fiber Optics Communication
- Information Theory and Coding Techniques
- Introduction to Microcontrollers and Applications
- Microprocessors and Microcontrollers
- Object Oriented Modeling & Design
- Software Engineering
- Telecommunication switching, network and protocol
- Transmission Lines and Radiating Systems
- Wireless and Mobile Communiation