WHAT IS ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL COMMUNICATION ?
Electronics and electrical engineering degree programs emphasis on wireless, digital, data and fiber optic communications. A BE/B.Tech degree prepares students for careers as systems engineers, research engineers, controls engineers, communication engineers and electronic engineer. They can also become researchers or take up teaching as a profession. A BE/B.Tech degree in Electronics and Electrical Communication is a 4-year program. The discipline deals with electronic devices and software interfaces. It finds application in many industries like Energy, Agriculture, Telecommunication, Media and various other fields. Electronics and Electrical Engineers direct, control and test production processes and ensure safety, installation, and correct functioning of various communication mechanisms. One can go for an M.Tech in Electronics and Electrical Communication after successful completion of BE/B.Tech.Expand
- For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests are also held by various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test
- For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electrical Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF ELECTRONICS AND ELECTRICAL COMMUNICATION
- Graduates/postgraduates can work in the consumer electronics, aviation and avionics, manufacturing, electricity generation and distribution, communications, transportation, telecommunications industry as electronics engineers.
- They also work on improving the functionality and technology of communication devices and servers.
- Some of the profiles available for graduates and postgraduates are:
Network Planning Engineer
Research and Development Software Engineer
Field Test Engineer
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Advanced Wireless IC Design
- Communication systems
- Computational Electromagnetics
- Digital Communication
- Electrical circuits and machines
- Electromagnetic and Wave Propagation
- Information Theory and Coding Techniques