WHAT IS FOOD TECHNOLOGY ?
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this program are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Food Technology/Food and Processing Technology along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG program held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY
- As organic chemists, food technologist advises on the methods by which the raw materials have to be converted into processed food.
- As biochemists, they suggest improvements in flavor, texture, storage, and quality.
- As home economists, they become the expert in dietetics and nutrition and they test the food and recipes according to the directions on the containers.
- As engineers, they are required for planning, designing, improving and maintaining the processing systems.
- As research scientists, they carry out experiments regarding improvement in yield, flavor, nutritive value and general acceptability of the packaged food.
- As managers and accountants, they manage administration and the finances apart from supervising the processing work.
- Bakery and confectionary products
- Concentrated and Dehydrated milk products
- Food analysis
- Food Chemistry
- Food hygiene and sanitation
- Food laws and quality assurance
- Food microbiology
- Fundamentals of Food Processing
- Milk processing
- Technology of Cereals and milk