- History of Python and Installing of python
- Symmetric Dual Problems, Simplex Method
- Derivative based Optimization
- Newton’s Method, and Least Mean Square Method
- Linear Programming, Graphical Method
- Unconstrained and Constrained Optimization
Medium of instructions English
Python Programming certification course is one of the summer courses provided by NIT Patna and is an Online based course of just 12 days. It will be on the online live web- conferencing, with lectures that will be delivered by eminent experts from NITs, IITs, IIITs, and other premier institutes. You will also be given activity linked problems, assignments, case studies and tests which will help you to develop more knowledge about Python programming language.
Python is considered as the high-level computer programming language because unlike other computer languages such as HTML, CSS, and JS; it is used for developing software and websites both. So, if you are looking to make your career in software development or want to enhance your skills in computer programming, then the python programming course is the best choice for you.
In this Python Programming certification course, you will be learning many things like basics of python programming, Loops, Functions, Data handling, use cases and Machine learning as well.
- Online web-conferencing
- No registration fee
- Total duration of the course is 12 days
- Faculty of engineering/ technical/ non-engineering background and non-faculty candidates can attend
- Online live web-conferencing
- Lectures by eminent experts
- Activity linked problems
- Case studies
- Use cases
- Quiz and tests
Course and certificate fees
There is no registration fee for attending the python Programming course online.
But, if you desire to receive a certificate of completion of the programme, then you have to pay a mandatory examination fee.
Type of Students
Rs. 500 (For SC/ ST - Rs. 250)
Others ( Except Faculty/ PhD Scholar)
Rs. 1000 ( For SC/ ST- Rs. 500)
certificate providing authority
Interested Faculty of engineering, technical or non-technical institutes can apply for the python programming course. PhD Scholars and others can also attend the programme to upgrade their skills.
What you will learn
When you attend all the sessions of the Python Programming certification course, then you will get to learn many things that will help you increase your skills for website and software development.
- You will come to know the different types of methods and optimisation
- The decision-making statements, loops and functions will not help you to solve a problem easily, but will also help you in developing your logical thinking
- You will also learn about creating Tuples and their operations
- If you are not familiar with basic is Object-oriented programming, then you will understand this as well after completing the course
- Not only you will learn about the python programming language, but also about Data handling and Machine learning which will give you many benefits in career
Who it is for
- Any faculty of engineering/ technical/ non-technical institution who is interested in growing their knowledge in an advanced computer programming language can attend the python programming course.
- Students of any Institution can attend this programme who are interested in computer programming languages and want to add programming skills in their resume.
The process of admission for attending the Python Programming course online of NIT Patna is very simple.
- Visit the website of Electronics and ICT Academy at NIT Patna
- Select the Summer Courses 2020 and choose python programming
- And once you open the portal, you will get an option to apply online
- Fill in the application form, and pay the fee online if you wish to get a certificate
- And you will be able to attend the online web-conferencing sessions
Candidates will be selected on first-cum-first-serve basis by the academy. However, there is no limit on the number of candidates, but the first 1000 will get both way video/ audio. In contrast, rest will receive video/ audio but cannot raise queries in real-time.
Filling the form
While filling the application form, you have to fill in the following details:
- Your email address, course name, and select any proctor coordinator if you have any.
- Then fill your details like Name, Mobile Number, Email Address, Photograph, Date of Birth, Category, Address, Highest Qualification, and Aadhar Number.
- Fill a few more details and select whether you want to get a Certification or not.
- If, yes then you will be asked to pay the fee, and if no, then you can proceed further with filling the details.
- Once you pay the fee, you can proceed further and attend the sessions accordingly.
Introduction and basics of Python Program
Decision Statements; Loop Control Statements; Functions, Strings
- Decision Making Statements and Conditional Expressions While loop, range( ) Function
- For Loop, Nested Loops, Break Statement, Continue Statement
- Inbuilt functions for String, index operator, traversal of String, String operators, String Operations
- Boolean Type, Boolean Operators, Using Number and Strings with Boolean Operators
- All the syntaxes and basics of Functions, Use of a function, Parameters and Arguments, Local and Global Scope Scope of a Variable, return statement and Recursive Functions
Lists and Dictionaries; Tuples and Sets; File Handling; Pandas
- Tuples and Sets: Creating Tuples
- Tuple () Function, Inbuilt Functions for Tuples, Indexing and Slicing
- Creating Lists, Basic list operators, Slicing, Inbuilt functions for Lists, List operator, List Methods, Splitting, Need of Dictionary, Creating a Dictionary, Adding and Replacing Values and Retrieving Values
- Set operator, and Set class
- File Handling: Need for File Handling, Reading/Writing Text and Numbers to/from a File
- Object-Oriented Programming: Classes and objects, methods, Operator Overloading, Inheritance, super () and Method Overriding
- Operations on Tuples and Traverse Tuples from a List
- Directories on a disk
- Pandas: Using Pandas, the python data analysis library and data frames
- Deleting Items and Traversing Dictionaries
Data Handling and Use Cases
- Introduction to Regression, and Types of Regression
- RE Pattern Matching, Parsing Data
- Implementing linear regression
- Correlation Matrix, Visualization using Matplotlib
- Use Cases and Exploratory data analysis
- Machine Learning ‐ Algorithm
- Build your model in python and Comparison between random forest and decision tree.
- Super vector Machine, and Random Forest
- Algorithms ‐ Random forest
How it helps
As we mentioned earlier that Python is a high-level computer programming language, so, if you will learn python language, then it will not only enhance your knowledge in computer languages but also act as a plus on your resume. If you are interested in developing your career in the field of website development or software development, then python is a must computing language to learn.
Dr Bharat Gupta
Associate Professor, Electronics And Communication Department
Dr MP Singh
Yes, it is worthwhile, because not only it will help you in increasing your programming knowledge, but the use cases will let you understand the concepts more easily.
Yes, a PhD scholar can attend the course.
There is no registration fee for attending the course. However, if you desire to get the certificate, then you have to pay the python programming course fee.
For a faculty of SC/ST, the fee for the certificate is Rs.250.
The duration of the course is 12 days.
Electronics and ICT Academy at NIT Patna conduct it.
The mode of learning is online via web-conferencing, and the live lectures will be given by eminent experts from IIT, NIT, IIIT and other institutes.