- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Botany Hons is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
The Department of Botany has since its inception grown in stature and standard. The faculty members are well qualified, who besides teaching, have also been pursuing research. The major areas of their current research interests include Electron Microscopy, Stain Technology, Reproductive Biology, Ecology, Plant Pathology, Molecular Biology, Cellular and Molecular Cytogenetics, Phycology, Applied Microbiology, and Biotechnology. The teachers have published over 110 research papers in journals of national and international repute. They have, in addition, authored/edited a number of books/course materials for CBSE and NCERT. The faculty members of the Department have conducted a number of research projects sponsored by UGC, DST and Delhi University. This has led to better infrastructure and facilities for the students. The non-teaching staff is helpful and cooperative. The students seeking admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) course in Botany come from diverse backgrounds from various places within and outside India. The Department provides them a comfortable environment for their learning and overall grooming for future careers. Students of the Department are actively involved in research at the undergraduate level under various Innovation Research Projects sponsored by the University of Delhi. They also participate in Summer Internship Programmes in renowned labs such as National Institute of Immunology, Delhi and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
The candidate should have passed in 10+2 with the relevant subject. And 55% or more marks in the aggregate of 3 Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology (Practical & Theory together) And passing in one compulsory language i.e. English with 50% marks.