- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
- Offered by: University of Delhi, Delhi
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Statistics Hons is a full-time three-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Delhi, Delhi.
At the undergraduate level in Delhi University, Statistics at Hindu College was the first in its league. It premiered in the year 1975, post which others followed this suit in the subsequent years.
From social networking to cloud computing to gaming, there is no field untouched by a large amount of data – structured or unstructured. Adopting a scientific approach for analyzing such data is the key to the extraction of information. In this regard, Statistics as a subject plays a predominant role. It wide-ranging has applications in areas such as the Google Intuitive Search, insurance premiums, “Shuffle Feature” on the iPods or other music players, Duckworth/Lewis Method in cricket, etc.
The Department has a permanent faculty of seven committed teachers who specialize in various academic fields of Statistics like Inference, Stochastic Modeling, Prediction Theory, Biostatistics, etc. Besides regular teaching, the faculty members are also involved in research projects and publishing books.
In an age overwhelmed with data, students possessing a first or second degree in Statistics are high on demand. With flourishing job opportunities and immense scope to rise, it is definitely the need of the hour. To name a few-Civil Services, Indian Statistical Services, Management Schools, Actuarial Sciences, Analytics
- The admissions to colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria depending on the course selected by an aspiring student.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programmes/courses & UG entrance test based must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit-based programme/course must register through online registration,
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal and the college website for detailed cut-offs for different programmes/courses.
- Selection of Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal using their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission/registration form and together with the list of documents/certificates, proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The College will retain the original certificates of an approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case the student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-in to the UG admission portal to make the online admission fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the last day of admission.
The candidate should have passed in 10+2 with the relevant subject. And 50% marks in Mathematics and an aggregate of 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- B.Sc Statistics Hons