- First java program
- Software and programming languages
- Module 01
- Lab 01 hello world
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Introduction to Java Programming Part 1
Introduction to Java Programming Part 1
Be a pro in the field of Java programming by pursuing the Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 by edX.
11 Sep, 2021 - 15 Nov, 2021
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 3-5 Hours Per Week
Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 is ideal for learning and developing the fundamentals of elemental Java programming and the topic of data abstraction. Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification lays emphasis on the subject of “Computer Science”. The object-oriented framework will be provided in Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 so that students are made familiar with problem representation.
Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification course will be focusing on - loops, statements, variables, data abstractions, loops, and others. The program will thus be introducing the participants to the core elements of java programming. The five-week session will consist of two parts. In the first half, the applicants will be introduced to the various domains of data types, problem-solving, branching, and loops. While the second half of the course will focus on - string manipulation, simple event-driven programming, fileI/O, and others. The certification session will thus be enabling the participants to tackle real-world problems and frame solutions according to the requirements.
- Certificate by edX
- 5 weeks course duration of the program
- Course imparted in partnership with Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Free registration
- Introductory level course
- Self paced learning
- Verified certificate
- 3-5 hours class per week
- Transcripted videos
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 course has free registration.
- For availing Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 the participants are required to pay Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 fees of Rs. 7,346 /-
Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 Fees Details
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course is ideally best suited for participants who are:
- The students who want to study further in programming language and want to develop skills in Java can pursue Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 program
- Candidates who are looking for career advancement in the field of computer science can also take up this course
Certification Qualification Details
It is necessary for the students to upgrade their program for receiving the certificate in the Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 by edX.
What you will learn
In the program of Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1, students will learn-
- The candidates will have their knowledge enhanced in the area of problem-solving by practicing the assignments
- He/she after Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 will further have skills developed in using arithmetic expressions to solve complex problems.
- The students will be learning to use the functions of arrays in solving the programs to derive solutions.
- Aspirants in Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification syllabus will also use string manipulation to analyze and solve statement cases
- The applicants will use simple event-driven programming to analyze the programming language.
- Abstract data types will be used to frame and structure complex solutions in an algorithm
- The learners will also be learning about the topic of “recursion” the knowledge of which can be implied
- The students will be formulating formal solutions that pertain to well- defined problems using programming.
- The candidates will further understand the basis of data abstraction using the existing knowledge of object-oriented framework under Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 online course
- The ways and methods to implement the solutions formally in the java system will also be learnt by the applicants.
Filling the form
For securing a seat in this course, the candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Kindly begin by visiting the home page of edX for accessing Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 training, https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-java-programming-part-1
Step 2: In the application form for the Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification course the students have to mention their “Full name” as per the information in their earlier certificate.
Step 3: The applicants now have to provide a “Username” to their account.
Step 4: The participants have to mandatorily fill in the details of their email address for availing more data
Step 5: The applicants have to agree to the institutes' policies of providing extra information when asked by the institute.
Step 6: Now to successfully submit the form click the button that has “Apply Now” written.
- Tutorial on BlueJ basics
- Pre-course survey
- Tutorial on software setup (for windows/mac users)
- Tutorial on software setup (for Linux users)
- Module 02
- Simple I/O
- Module 02 practice problems
- Variable and data types
- Memory allocation
- Lab 02 math is easy
Scope rules, character string and control flow (if-else-if, switch)
- Branching statement - If-else-if
- Module 04
- Module 04 practice problems
- Boolean expressions
- More examples
- Character string
- Lab 04 rock-paper-scissors
- Branching statement - switch
- Example: car2
- General structure
- Module 03
- Module 03 practice problems
- Example: bank account
- Lab 03 colorImage objects
- Example: color image
Control flow (loops) and arrays
- Module 05 practice problems
- Module 05
- Static methods and shortcut operators
- Do-while and for Loops
- Lab 05 matching game
- Scope of the exam
During the Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 course, all the applicants will be given financial assistance of 90%
How it helps
Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 training has a detailed curriculum covering the domain of java programming thus it will benefit all the freshers who are looking for a career and academic advancements. The five-week program is structured introductory making it easy for the students to develop basic skills. After completing the course, the students will receive an upgraded certificate which will be recognized jointly by the Institute of edX and The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Since Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 program will be organized on e-platform the students upon completing Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 will receive the link of the certificate that can be uploaded and shared in any professional medium such as as- Monster India or Shine. in or LinkedIn.
The program will thus be helping students and they will attain Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification benefits to applying for better job prospects and also apply for further research programs. The certificate will have a lifetime validity and hence will be a testimony of the applicant's skill. The course will be guided by the professionals and instructors and will provide students with assignments and projects to work on real-world cases. The students will be formulating their own policies to tackle every problem statement. Thus, the course will help with the all-round development of the applicant.
All the students who want to procure the form can visit the given site-https://www.edx.org/course/introduction-to-java-programming-part-1
The program for a better understanding of the students will be conducted in the medium of the English language.
The certificate will be issued once the students complete their program.
Yes, to receive the certificate the students have to upgrade their program.
The class timing can be viewed in the brochure. The interested students are requested to download it for more information.
The program is being conducted by the institute of edX and The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification has no such requirements. Candidates who want to enrol in this course can pursue this very easily.
No, Introduction to Java Programming – Part 1 certification syllabus requires an amount to be paid. However, registration for the program is free.
StackRoute via NIIT
LearnQuest via Coursera
Purdue University, West Lafayette via Edx
Purdue University, West Lafayette via Edx
Purdue University, West Lafayette via Edx
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong via Edx
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.