- Course Introduction
- Introduction Video
- Introduction to App Inventor
- Unit 1 Intro Hello World
- Hello World App
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Developing Android Apps with App Inventor
Developing Android Apps with App Inventor
Get a career boost and explore Android applications in detail with Coursera’s Developing Android Apps with App Inventor.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Android Applications have quickly changed the entire world and it still happens to be the producer of one of the most in-demand jobs across the world. For many coding enthusiasts, being the best at app development in android is a dream far away and out of their reach.
Coursera’s Developing Android Apps with App Inventor programme is a course that paves way for candidates to their dreamland with a university-level syllabus and instructors. Candidates with little to no experience or even computing knowledge can also achieve mastery in developing Android Applications with this course. It offers hands-on experience with the MIT App Inventor.
It is a block-based programming tool that works ideally for both beginners and students of intermediate level. Candidates will learn to develop completely functional apps from scratch suitable for any Android device. Moreover, it puts them in a much higher rank in the competitive world of today with the skills and experience gained.
- Offered by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 40 hours approximate time of course
- Beginner level programme
- Availability in varied languages in the form of sub-titles
- Completely online
- Self paced learning
- Practice exercises
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Candidates can opt for the paid version in which they have to pay Rs. 2,152 for the course.
- If candidates chose the no Certificate version, they will have all the course materials for free but will not receive any certificates at the end.
- If the candidates had applied and were selected in the financial aid category, they will not need to pay any fees.
certificate providing authority
Certification Qualifying Details
Certificates will only be given to the candidates who will submit all their assignments and pass their final quizzes. Moreover, it will also be given to the candidate who makes a fee payment for the programme.
What you will learn
Not only will all the concepts and doubts be crystal clear to the candidates, but they would also have learned a huge deal in the domain in Developing Android Apps with App Inventor including many important ones like:
- Candidates will be introduced to the App Inventor and its component property.
- They will learn to use the android emulator and built-in text code block
- They will learn about the evaluation order, numbers, Boolean values and logical operators.
- They will learn about if-then coding, while loops coding and variables.
- Drawing apps and its components will be introduced to them as well.
- Moreover, they will learn to develop all kinds of games, alarms and much more.
Filling the form
Candidates must go through the following steps in order to apply for the course.
Step 1: Visit the course page.
Step 2: Once on the website, the participant needs to click on the tab ‘enrol now’.
Step 3: From there, candidates will be directed to a registration page where they have to register for the course.
Step 4: Candidates will then have to fill in their details of work experience and education which they can also choose to skip.
Step 5: Candidates will then be asked if they want to join the paid course or the non Certificate version of the course.
Step 6: If the candidates choose the paid version, they will have to fill in their bank details and then they will receive an email of the acknowledgement slip.
Introduction of MIT App Inventor
- Introduction to App Inventor
- Component property
- Adding component and button component
- Label component
- Android Application
- Quiz 1
- Project creation question
- Component property question
- Add component quiz
- Intro Code Block Features
- Create APK
- Android Emulator
- Introduction to Code blocks
- Method call
- Code deletion
- Event Handler
- Built-in text code block
- Property getter and setter
- Project Sharing
- Using Emulator
- Applicants testing
- Testing Hello World Project
- Property and text code block question
- Code block question
Programming basics and dialog
- Intro Maths, Notifier, Boolean and Logics
- Boolean Values
- Logical operators
- Evaluation order
- Math code blocks
- Formatting number
- Else if socket
- Choice Dialog and start using IfThen project
- Notifier component and start Using Math Project
- If then code and Logic Code Blocks
- Boolean value and canceling the dialog
- Using if-then-else code question
- Using math code blocks question
- Math quiz app assignment
More Programming Basics
- Intro variables, loops and other techniques
- Collapse code blocks
- Duplicate blocks
- While loop
- Code comment
- Start using loop projects
- Collapsing code blocks
- Code duplications
- Sequence calculator assignment
- Using while loop question
- Collapsing code blocks question
Alarm clock application
- Intro Time Picker, Sound and Clock
- Audio Alarm
- Time Picker
- Project asset
- Starting Alarm Clock Project
- Clock component
- Time picker component
- Alarm Clock coding
- Sound Component
- Clock component question
- Time picker component question
- Sound component question
Audio and Video
- Intro Sound, Audio and Video
- Video Alarm
- Radio Alarm
- Music Alarm
- Media Source Specification
- Player Component
- Video Player component
- Starting Music Alarm Clock Project
- Starting Video Alarm Clock Project
- Starting Radio Alarm Clock Project
- Audio question
- Player Component question
- Video question
- Video Player component question
- Intro Components from a Drawing App
- Drawing canvas
- Text box
- Canvas component
- Spinner component
- Text box component
- Slider component
- Component layout
- Handling the slider's selection
- Starting Drawing App project
- Canvas Drawing
- Canvas touching and color code block
- Canvas component question
- Spinner component question
- Text box component question
- Slider component question
- Component layout question
- Intro File Component and Notebook App
- Notebook Project
- Notebook Project
- File component and App Inventor storage struggle
- File and Its formats
- Intro Making an Interactive Game
- Accelerometer and Shaking
- Random Number
- Dolphin Game
- Random Real Number
- Application interface
- Random Number
- Starting SuperDolphin Project and Game assets
- ImageSprite Components
- Device Shaking and Components
- Random Dolphin Appearance
- Using Clock, Sound and File Components
- Touching dolphin
- Stopping Game
- Game Score and Game Start
- Random Number question
- Number Matching Game Assignment
- ImageSprite Component question
- Device Shaking and Vibration Question
- Intro Location component and Lost and Found Project
- Lost and Found
- Device Location
- Application Location Input
- Location information
- Location Sensor Component
- Starting Lost and Found Project
- Intro Web Viewer and Lost and Found
- Web viewer
- Google Maps
- Web Viewer components
- Finishing Lost and Found Project
- Google maps question
- Web Viewer components question
- Nyan Cat game
- Tic tac toe game
Candidates who don’t have the financial capability to pay for the course fees have the option of applying for the Financial Aid offered by Coursera.
How it helps
Half of the students who applied to this course and saw it to its finish received benefits and career boosts because of it. A Certificate in Android Applications is a sure way to guarantee a place in the Cyber World and it is one that offers infinite opportunities for development and progress.
Moreover, since this is a beginner’s level programme, the benefit candidates will receive the most from it will be a superior position in the list of potential people in the domain as it is a competitive world. Being better suited, having hands-on experience on an App Inventor tool and with a certificate from an esteemed university, candidates would be ready to give their careers a boost that leads them to their dream.
Candidates are offered a 7-day free trial course to be able to check whether or not they want to participate in the course. If they do not wish to proceed, they can cancel their transaction.
The course has been fitted into a 12-week schedule and it takes approximately 40 hours to complete all the videos and readings. A flexible Deadline is offered in case a candidate needs it.
The videos of the course are only available in English, however, it does offer subtitles to the videos in Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and French as well
Unfortunately, the audited version of the course is not available in this programme. Although, there is an option for non Certificate version which also allows all the content material for free but without the option of a certificate.
Yes, in both the audited version or the non-certificate version candidates can choose to switch to the paid version during their courses or even after it.
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.