- The Global Travel and Tourism Partnership
- Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry Passport to the World
Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World
Enrol in the Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World Course to achieve expertise in how this global industry operates.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 2 Hours Per Week
Do you have a strong passion for travelling? If yes, then you might be interested to learn how the travel and tourism industry works. Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World Course by Future Learn explores this globally-popular industry as well as the key trends and brands that constitute it. The programme curriculum dives deep into the complete process of travelling and everything that goes into it.
The Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World programme helps candidates get familiar with hospitality, hotel business, food, and other critical aspects of tourism. It also touches upon the impact of social media on the tourism industry and how it provides feedback. Besides, this course is a gateway to a lucrative career in the tourism industry, giving travelling enthusiasts a chance to explore their passion from a professional standpoint.
Furthermore, the Global Travel and Tourism Partnership (GTTP) has developed this course, curated by industry experts and top-tier educators. To facilitate a convenient learning experience, individual learners and teachers can construct their schedules.
- Join for FREE
- Endorsed by the Institute of Travel & Tourism
- Eight-week course
- Self-paced programme
- Expert instructors
- Paid unlockable benefits
- Weekly dedication of two hours
- 100% online
- Printable digital certificate
- Project-based assignments
- Online course
- Free enrolment
- Eight-week training
- Unlockable benefits
- Professional educators
- Digital certificate
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Candidates can join the Introduction to the Travel & Tourism Industry: Passport to the World course by Fun learn for free.
- However, they must purchase the Upgrade mode to avail unlimited course access, along with a digital certificate, if eligible.
- They can also opt to purchase the Unlimited mode, for one-year unlimited access to this and other Future Learn short courses. Moreover, candidates will get a printable digital certificate, if they qualify, along with the flexibility to complete the programme in their convenient duration.
$279.99 for one year
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course is suitable for those who are passionate about creating their travel-related business. It will also give travel enthusiasts the tools to explore different career opportunities in the industry.
There are no specific criteria to join Future Learn’s Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World programme. However, candidates must have a tablet, smartphone, or computer, with stable internet access.
Certificate Qualifying Details
Learners looking to earn a course certificate must purchase any one of the two paid options. Once done, they must complete 90% of the total curriculum, along with scoring an average of 70% in the programme tests, if it has any.
What you will learn
The Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World Course by Future Learn focuses on providing an understanding of the tourism industry and explains the process of travelling from a professional view. The course curriculum will help you achieve fluency in the following topics:
- Basic knowledge of how the tourism industry operates and is structured.
- Identifying different sectors and customers of the tourism industry.
- Various steps of planning a trip including selecting a destination, choosing transport, making reservations etc.
- Collaborating with other learners in ideas and sharing experiences about the tourism business.
- Exploring and comparing a range of career opportunities in the field of tourism and travel.
To join the Introduction to the Travel & Tourism Industry: Passport to the World course, the aspirant must follow these steps:
- Check the Future Learn website: https://www.futurelearn.com/.
- Search for ‘Introduction to the Travel & Tourism Industry: Passport to the World’ programme in the search bar.
- Click the “Join for FREE” button and register.
- Enter the respective details to enrol. Alternatively, you can register with your Google or Facebook account.
- If you want the paid benefits such as lifetime course access, digital certificate, lifetime access to other short courses, etc., then you must buy the Upgrade or Unlimited subscription.
- Complete the payment, to begin with the programme.
Filling the form
To join the Introduction to the Travel and Tourism Industry: Passport to the World online course, candidates can sign up with details such as their name, age, email, and password. Alternatively, they can use their Google or Facebook account to register. There’s no need to fill out an application form for this programme.
Different industry sectors from the perspective of a traveller: Structure, trends, and types of careers available in each sector
Finding online and various other sources of information to plan a trip
Choosing a Destination
Types of Transportation
Tools to make a Reservation
The industry’s Accommodations sector
The industry’s Food sector
The rapidly-growing “Experiences” sector
Why social media and feedback are important
How it helps
The tourism and travel industry provides millions of jobs to the economy and is an ever-expanding sphere. The Future Learn Introduction to the Travel & Tourism Industry: Passport to the World training will help candidates who are travel enthusiasts and wish to make a promising career in it. The programme plays a guide into the tourism industry and explores its current aspects.
Moreover, the professional educators of the curriculum will help learners navigate their way through the intricacies of this industry. This will help them understand and evaluate various sectors, establishing a firm career path once they finish the course.
Students only need a computer, tablet, or just a smartphone, with internet connectivity, to enrol in this programme.
Candidates will have access to the course for ten weeks if they join for free.
The advantage of buying the upgraded version is that it will provide unlimited access to the course material along with a digital course certificate, once candidates are eligible.
No, students don’t need any prerequisite knowledge but should have an interest in travelling to join the programme.
You can upgrade the course at any time before, during, or even after finishing the course.
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.