- Week overview
- Animation and Computer Science
- Add Objects to a Scene
- Overview of Alice
- Moving Objects Around: Controls, Keys, and One-shot (PC version)
- Build a Person
- Turning and Moving Parts
- Interview with Jessica Abroms
- Moving Objects Around: Controls, Keys, and One-shot (Mac version)
- Simple instructions
- Building a Simple World
- More Control and Comparing Instructions
- Moving and turning
- Turn and roll
- One-shot vs. Code
- Implement the Storyboard
- DoInOrder vs. DoTogether
- Move and MoveTo
- Design the Storyboard
- A Few Tips
Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice
Sign up for the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice certification course to become familiar with the fundamentals of programming and animation.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice programme by Coursera is a beginner-level course in animation and programming which takes about 47 hours to complete. Duke University offers the introductory course in association with Coursera, while the lessons are delivered in English.
Moreover, the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice certification course comprises many programming concepts and technical assignments to combine theoretical knowledge with practical applications. Instructed by experienced professors, the well-structured course offers a fun and engaging learning experience.
The Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice online course will primarily teach you how to combine programming and animation to develop 3D animated stories. You will become adept in building a storyboard to narrate a story, move the camera, include repetitions, set up a scene, among others.
Besides, the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice course is an excellent introduction to Alice and programming concepts. You can even use the ideas you have learned throughout the certification course to build 3D games. What's more, upon successful completion, you can earn a course completion certificate from Coursera and Duke University.
- 100% online learning
- Flexible deadlines
- Discussion board
- Shareable certificate
- Lectures in English and subtitles available in English
- Fast completion (approximately 47 hours)
- Graded assignments
- Beginner-level course
- Financial Aid available
- Email updates and communication
- Discussion board
- Peer feedback
- Shareable certificate
- Graded programming assignments
- Interactive projects
- Practice exercises
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
You can access the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice course for free. To get complete access and a certificate, you need to make a payment based on the fee structure given below. You can also pay the course fee online via debit card, credit card, and more.
Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice course fee structure
Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice
certificate providing authority
What you will learn
Once you finish the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice course by Coursera, you will have comprehensive knowledge of the following:
- Program Alice’s 3D objects to tell 3D animated stories
- Setting up a scene, use storyboarding to tell a story, moving the camera, rotate and move objects
- Concepts of programming such as repetition, grouping similar objects, writing your own instructions
- Build 3D games
- Move the objects
- Produce a 3D animated movie
- Implement a storyboard
- Induce colour and opacity in objects
- Create your own characters
- Build an adventure game
To apply for Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice certification course, you must:
Step 1. Visit the course page.
Step 2. Search for ‘Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice’ in the course catalogue
Step 3. Click on the ‘Enroll for Free’ tab.
Step 4. Follow the instructions for enrolling in the course. You may receive the ‘free trial’ option if you are signing up to Coursera for the first time.
Step 5. At Last, applicants need to make the fee payment to get a certificate on course completion. Or else, you can choose to audit only.
Filling the form
You need to sign up for the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice online course on Coursera for free with your Gmail or FB account. If a candidate uses their email address, provide your name and create a password as well. You can choose the type of enrollment you desire and access course materials and certificates accordingly.
Introduction to the Course
Producing Animated 3D Movies: Alice Basic Instructions
Teaching Your Bunny to Hop: Procedures and Parameters
- Bunny Hop Procedure
- Object Movement with Different Orientations
- Overview of Hop
- How do Objects and Parts Turn and Roll (Demo)
- Multiple Ways of BunnyHop
- Overview of Parameters
- hopover World
- Camera Control
- Alice Person w/ Elbow and Knee Demonstration
- Camera Control Demo-1
- Camera Control Demo-2
- Overview of Inheritance
- Inheritance: Hopping with Bipeds
If at first, you don't succeed, try, try again: Decisions & Repetition
- Built-in Function and math
- The vehicle property
- Opacity and Color Properties
- Making Decisions - IF and Conditionals
- Invisible Objects as Camera Markers
- Random Numbers and Constants
- Built-in Functions, Math, Circling, and Properties
- Practising Random Numbers and Variables
- Circle around an object
- Simple If
- Bunny Visit Friends
- Boolean Logic
- Cat Ride Which Horse Demo
- Demo-Creating your own Characters
- The Counted Loop in Alice
- Repetition - Counted Loop Demo
- Theory-Creating your own Character
- Repetition - Counted Loop Nested Loop
- Repetition - While Loop
- The While Loop in Alice
- Repetition - While Loop Complex Conditional
Variables, and Arrays, and Functions, Oh My!
- Arrays Demo with Jumping Jacks
- Arrays in Alice
- Roll a Ball
- Find the closest object among three objects
- Guessing Game
- Indexing using Histogram
- Writing Your Own Functions
- Keeping Track of Number of Guesses
- Putting Arrays, Functions and Variables Together
- Variables in Functions
- Array Indexing
- Painting Penguins
- Indexing into an array
Building Your Own Interactive Game
- Object Markers and Delay
- Interactivity- Mouse Clicks and Timers
- Click a Penguin
- Click 2 Penguins
- Click 9 Penguins
- Review the Algorithms Theory
- Use Markers and Delay
- Click a Penguin Arcade with Scorer
- Click a Penguin Arcade Game with Scorer and Timer
- Making Alice cookies
Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse: Detecting collisions
- Collision and Key Pressed Events
- Colliding with the Bunnies in time Demonstration
- Randomly Coloring Bunnies
- Collision Detection Game
- Catching the Bunnies within 30 Seconds
- Demonstration- Colliding with Red, White and Blue Bunnies
- The SceneActivationListener Event
- Collision Detection Demonstration
- Colliding with Bunnies while Avoiding Obstacles
- Demonstration-Colliding with Bunnies and Avoiding Obstacles
- Multilevel Collide with Bunnies Demonstration
- Adding multiple levels to a Game
- Preparing to Modify the Collision Game
Build Your Own Adventure Game
- A Memory Game
- Memory Game - Demo
- Scene Changing - Demo
- Scene changing
- Logic Game
- Logic Game - Demo
- Matching Game
- Matching Game - Demo
- Putting it Together
- Playing the Game - Demo
- Where To Go From Here
Interested candidates can apply for financial aid in case they cannot finance the Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice programme. To avail the assistance, use the ‘Financial Aid Available’ tab beside the ‘Enroll for Free’ tab. Once you submit the application form, Coursera will get back to you via email within 15 days.
How it helps
The Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice certification course aims to combine animation with programming with the help of Alice, the programming environment. The certification course allows you to connect the concepts you have studied with event programming and create 3D games.
Utilize the comprehensive curriculum and get hands-on experience with intermittent projects and assignments. Another attribute of this course is a course completion certificate that you will receive upon successful completion. You can also add this shareable certificate to your profile and build a strong portfolio for yourself.
The lectures, assignments, quizzes and projects are spread over eight weeks, and you can meet the deadlines easily by resetting according to your schedule. Moreover, you can complete the course in approximately 47 hours.
The Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice course by Coursera is a beginner-level course.
No, the certification course is only available in the English language.
The Introduction to Programming and Animation with Alice course is 100% online, and you can enrol instantly and begin the online course. You can learn at your schedule and get a relaxed online learning experience.
After enrolment, you can access all the course elements present on the Coursera website. On successful completion of the course, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page. Applicants can take a print out of the certificate and add it to their LinkedIn.
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Duke University, Durham
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.